Windows 10: Restore old user account

Discus and support Restore old user account in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using Windows 10 and i have two accounts (administrator and local user). actually i didn't use the administrator i just created previously... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by igortas, Apr 21, 2017.

1. igortas Win User

Restore old user account

Hi,

I'm using Windows 10 and i have two accounts (administrator and local user). actually i didn't use the administrator i just created previously for some installation of application and i'm using the other one user.

Today when I turn on the PC the local user was gone and Windows directly log on as Administrator.

Now the problem is i have many bookmarks in Google Chrome and I like to recover those, data inside Desktop,Documents etc... I can recover, but I need help to retreive those bookmars from my local user.

I don't know what update or smth other is failure for this but I need this bookmarks ASAP!!!!!!!!!!

BR, Igor

:)

igortas, Apr 21, 2017

2. Win 10 Home Single Language - Renamed ProfileImagePath

Assuming you do NOT have a Restore Point which predates your messing around with the User Account, your best bet - short of doing a clean install of Win10 - may be to create a new User Account, copy certain data from the old User Account to the new User
    Account and then delete the old one.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Apr 21, 2017
  3. Can't delete temp or old version files

Create a new user account, backup your personal files, restore them into the new account, then delete the old account.

Andre Da Costa, Apr 21, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Restore old user account

Welcome to TenForums @igortas

Do you mean you have enabled the built-in Administrator account, then logged in as Administrator? Windows will by default attempt to log in at start up as the last account that was logged in. Administrator has no password, any account with no password will log straight in without a password prompt.

To log in with your normal user account, now and at next start up, log out as Administrator, this will take you to the lock screen. Click to clear the lock screen and you will see a list of account at the bottom left of the screen. Click on the one you want and log in. Next time you restart this will be the account windows tries to log in as. If it has no password you'll go straight in, if there's a password you'll get a password box to fill in.

You could set a password for the built-in Administrator account, but I wouldn't recommend this. Administrator is useful for repairs and best left with a blank password. Rather, I would advise you to create another local account for maintenance purposes and make that an administrator. Then you can disable the built-in Administrator account, which really is too powerful for general use. It bypasses the UAC and could let malware install itself.

You must always ensure you have at least one account that is a member of administrators, else you can't manage your PC. It doesn't have to be THE Administrator, just 'an' administrator.

Add User Account in Windows 10
    Change Account Type in Windows 10

Thema:

Restore old user account

1. Restore old user account - Similar Threads - Restore old user

2. hOW TO RESTORE DELETED USER ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hOW TO RESTORE DELETED USER ACCOUNT: Hello there,PLEASE HELP ME!I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED MY MAIN USER ACCOUNT!CAN YOU HELP ME MICROSOFT?IM CRYING. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-deleted-user-account/ca8bc58f-41cd-4f6e-86aa-1ede677b2f4b
  3. Restore user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore user account: Can I get help restoring a user account? the folder is in the users folder and I can see the user when I type netplwizard in the windows + R command but I can't log into it. tried asking microsoft support however it took me 15 minutes to explain to the first person I was...
  4. Remove old user account on signin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove old user account on signin: I'm building a new user profile in Windows 10. I've completed the process but when I sign in, the Welcome screen on the local account it still shows two user accounts. I went into control panel to delete that old account but it is not there. It correctly shows my new...
  5. Bring back old user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bring back old user account: User account for ME was deleted. I created another. The system still tells me "A" is already using this computer. How to fix that? How can I recover the old account? I have even reinstalled Windows....
  6. How to restore old user account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to restore old user account: Hi, So i stupidly renamed my user folder name using the method that uses the registry editor then i edited the profile image path. I signed out, and when i signed back in again it was with a temporary profile. All my settings have been reset, e.g. background, i was...
  7. Restore old windows user folder into new user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Restore old windows user folder into new user: My computer is connected to a domain, and my user got deleted somehow. My company had to create a new user for me, and i wanted to know if it's possible to restore my old user folder into my new windows user. I tried to look on the web, and i only found ways to change the...
  8. How to Restore Deleted OLD User Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Restore Deleted OLD User Account in Windows 10: Hello, I used windows 10, a Few days ago accidentally My Windows 10 crashed and I lost all My Old User Account Data! Use my Old User Account ID I Encrypt some of my File for Security reasons. After Lost Old User Account ID and Encrypt File Certificate, can't open My File...
  9. Restore old accounts?

Restore old accounts?: Whew..... I know the "old accts" [ones I can no longer see] DATA is still in "Download" folders, and "Documents".... are there but is there anyway to Make them become "real" official accounts by restoring them somehow, whereas I could login to the them and see the data...
  10. user account restore

user account restore: Hi all, How can I restore administrator account and other users deleted from windows 10. Neither options suggested by Microsoft forums work. One is blocked by UAC prompts requiring admin password, and where I can open command prompt and enable the administrator, no other...