Windows 10: restore point uninstalled applications

Discus and support restore point uninstalled applications in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; if you make a restore point and then you uninstall different applications: will these applications be installed after restoring the restore point... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by louis14, Apr 13, 2017.

1. louis14 Win User

restore point uninstalled applications

if you make a restore point and then you uninstall different applications: will these applications be installed after restoring the restore point you've made before uninstalling the applications?
    how can such a restore point install these applications: it does not contain a backup of the applications?

:)

louis14, Apr 13, 2017

2. system restore saving files

Hi Steve,

Restore points are snapshots of your Windows system files, certain program files, registry settings, and hardware drivers. Choosing the option restore and keep files, this will make your computer to revert back to a certain restore point and will not affect
    your personal files.

Note: Any applications you installed after the restore point will be uninstalled. App that was installed when that restore point was created will still be in place. Apps that you uninstalled after making that restore point will get restored,
    but with a very big caveat.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Martin Bar, Apr 13, 2017
  3. Restoring Uninstalled Applications

Hey Nokia Community. I feel like such a idiot. I just got my brand new Nokia 6760 slide phone. I was uninstalled Friendster, Myspace, Facebook from it since I was never going to use it and during this I accidentally uninstalled a OVI Contact plug in of some
    sort. After doing this the phone went crazy changing its screen orientation, froze so i had to take the battery out for a minute and then restore default settings to get it to a stable condition but now it seems very slow accessing anything to do with my contacts.
    Is there a way I can restore my phones uninstalled applications? I've read about formatting the phone, but I got it from the 3 Store and I'm worried i might lose all the network settings, and anything else 3 have added to the phone such as custom walls, programs,
    their ringtones etc.

Can i please be informed on what formatting would actually do or any other way of restoring all the applications and anything else the phone might have done when it went spastic. Thanks.

deejay1992---01, Apr 13, 2017
  4. restore point uninstalled applications

Restore points do not affect user files. It only affects Microsoft system files, so your applications should be safe. Personally, I take a system image every week. The system image restores everything, including user files, on your PC to the time when the image was taken. It is very useful, and I recommend it. A lot of people on this forum like Macrium. I don't and use the Windows System Image utility. I have the CU and have encountered no problems with it. FYI

TexasBandit, Apr 13, 2017
  5. louis14 Win User
    on the internet I've read when you delete the directory WindowsApps (to resolve the error of a restoration of a restore point): the restoration of the restore point will install all the apps of WindowsApps.
    are windowsapps system files?
    or is it not right the restoration of the restore point will install the deleted windowsapps?

louis14, Apr 13, 2017
  6. lx07 Win User
    Yes, restore points save program objects, and yes, if you uninstall a program and then restore back to an earlier checkpoint the program will be reinstated.

Restore points contain a backup of .exe objects (wherever they are, even in My Documents).

Source

The list of object types included in a system restore (in addition to the Windows directory) is here: Monitored File Name Extensions (Windows)

7. All that being said, I would not rely on system restore for anything other than system files. If you are concerned about your apps or data, I would take a system image. The thing to be aware of is the system image wipes out the entire C drive and restores it in its entirety from the system image.

TexasBandit, Apr 13, 2017
  8. lx07 Win User

9. A system restore takes about 5 minutes on my machine. I just prefer system image myself, but a lot of folks on this forum really like Macrium. I just am not one of them. Have a good weekend ...

TexasBandit, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. restore point uninstalled applications - Similar Threads - restore point uninstalled

2. restore point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restore point: doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-point/46cf77d1-39a5-45ac-9ced-4bd077a90a6c
  3. Restore Points

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Points: My PC with Windows 10 used to set up a Restore Point after every Windows 10 daily Update, now it does not. How can I change that back to an automatic Restore Point after every Windows 10 daily Update?...
  4. Restore Point

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Point: hello everyone, I created a restore point before installing some display driver and now i think i need to go to old drivers.... i wanted to know if i used that restore point will i lose any packages that i installed after that restore point like opencv ,kera etc submitted by...
  5. Restore Point

Restore Point: Hi, I have win 10 pro installed and want to make a restore point but when I try to acess the app it says something like "windows cannot access the device, path of specific file. The user may not have the necessary permissions to access that item". Sorry, but I have the...
  6. restore point

restore point: restore to two months ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-point/b75193ce-d3b2-41ed-9f91-31bc2f3fe5fc
  7. Restore Points

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restore Points: -in- sI find no restore points and the configure window shows some thing is using that space all the time. I did a manual restore point and it was over written in a very short time.There is no name shown for this use.of the restore space. An others similar HP All-in-one...
  8. Cannot create a restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a restore point: I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but when I go to create a restore point I get a message: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The writer experienced a transient error. If the backup process is retired, the error might not reoccur. Please try...
  9. Uninstall Application Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall Application Error: When I try to uninstall a software [Magellan vantage point], I receive the following error message "ERROR 1905.MODULE C:\\WINDOWS\SYSWOW64\INFOCARDAPI.DLL FAILED TO UNREGISTER. HRESULT -2147220472".
  10. restore points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    restore points: I keep regular images with Macrium Reflect, free. I create one manually with each new cumulative update. I also make a restore point each week. Due to their poor reliability record, would you say I am wasting my time with these restore points and to just rely upon Macrium?...