Windows 10: restore point

Discus and support restore point in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I can not get a game to load. need to set system restore point to earlier date.. when I do that it automatically shows present date? 61373 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by char178, Aug 23, 2016.

1. char178 Win User

restore point

I can not get a game to load. need to set system restore point to earlier date.. when I do that it automatically shows present date?

:)

char178, Aug 23, 2016
  2. MizzCj Win User

Windows 10 Restore point issues (Restore point missing)

Still no reply???

MizzCj, Aug 23, 2016
  3. Amos Xiao Win User
    Windows 10 Restore point issues (Restore point missing)

Hello Nachappa,

Thanks for your reply. But it was not helpful at all (sorry being frank).

You seem only read my post title, didn't read my post content. Can you please read it again?

As you said:

- You run out of disk space on the system drive or on any one of the available non-system drives, and System Restore stops responding and stops monitoring your system.

AMOS: NO, I have 184GB free space

restore point [​IMG]

- You manually turn System Restore off.

AMOS: NO, it always on, I never turn System Restore off.

restore point [​IMG]

- A restore point reaches an age of 90 days. The restore point is then deleted because 90 days is the default time to live.

AMOS: NO, the restore points I created on Feb 15, 2016, they disappeared on Feb 28, 2016, and some of others disappear in earlier of March 2016. I've contacted with Microsoft "AnswerDesk" online chatting service several time, they couldn't figure it out.

Nachappa, can you read my post carefully? And let me know if you have any solution.

I'm looking forward to your reply. Thanks.

Amos

Amos Xiao, Aug 23, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

restore point

You can't set a restore point to an earlier date without time travel.

You can restore using a system restore point that already exists and so was previously created.

Your game may not run because of compatibility reasons, corruption, driver problems, applying the anniversary upgrade.. many possibilities. No guarantee using a system restore point will fix this, unless you are confident you know what's happened.

dalchina, Aug 23, 2016
  5. EdTittel Win User
    Good one, Dalchina! If you get that time travel thing figured out, please let us know. I'd have used it repeatedly on several of my systems already...or maybe I already did?
    Thanks!
    ---Ed---

EdTittel, Aug 24, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    *Thumbs I used to use Time Travel until I became more confused than I already will be.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

restore point

1. restore point - Similar Threads - restore point

2. I cannot create restore point!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cannot create restore point!: Hello, I have a question! When i try to create restore point, first it shows and error 0x81000203 and after that in System properties / System Protection i cannot create restore point and it cannot find any available drivers! Pls help!...
  3. windows update deleted all of my restore points, made vscode stop workin, and glitched the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update deleted all of my restore points, made vscode stop workin, and glitched the...: First of all, i hate windows update to the bones. second of all, the title. installed the update because i had no choice this is the update ->...
  4. windows update deleted all of my restore points, made vscode stop workin, and glitched the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update deleted all of my restore points, made vscode stop workin, and glitched the...: First of all, i hate windows update to the bones. second of all, the title. installed the update because i had no choice this is the update ->...
  5. windows update deleted all of my restore points, made vscode stop workin, and glitched the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. System Restore Point Questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Point Questions: This system has a C: boot drive and a D: data drive. In the System Protection dialog, selecting Confiture for D: brings up "System Protection for Data Drive D:." Does turning protection on for D: just use space on D: to store restore points for the whole system? Or does it...
  7. System Restore Point Questions

System Restore Point Questions: This system has a C: boot drive and a D: data drive. In the System Protection dialog, selecting Confiture for D: brings up "System Protection for Data Drive D:." Does turning protection on for D: just use space on D: to store restore points for the whole system? Or does it...
  8. System Restore Point Questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How to change Windows restore point to go back before the automatic restore point set by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Windows restore point to go back before the automatic restore point set by...: Hi, I have a Windows 11 Laptop. I accidentally deleted some downloaded system files. I want to restore to a previous date, but Windows won't let me go beyond the automatic system restore point. How can I go back, bypassing the system restore point by days or even weeks?...
  10. How to change Windows restore point to go back before the automatic restore point set by...

How to change Windows restore point to go back before the automatic restore point set by...: Hi, I have a Windows 11 Laptop. I accidentally deleted some downloaded system files. I want to restore to a previous date, but Windows won't let me go beyond the automatic system restore point. How can I go back, bypassing the system restore point by days or even weeks?...