Windows 10: Restore points; what the hell is W10 doing?

Discus and support Restore points; what the hell is W10 doing? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; What the hell is W10 doing? Yesterday I still had several restore points. Today, I have only one, which is a new one called Scheduled Checkpoint. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by PiKo, Apr 6, 2016.

1. PiKo Win User

Restore points; what the hell is W10 doing?

What the hell is W10 doing?
    Yesterday I still had several restore points.
    Today, I have only one, which is a new one called Scheduled Checkpoint. My own restore points were removed and the Disk Space Usage was diminished.
    In the meantime, no (Windows) updates took place (last one still at March 23), and no further actions from my side could explain this.
    Therefore: What the hell is W10 doing?

:)

PiKo, Apr 6, 2016
  2. Abi99 (2) Win User

what the hell is this!!

Then your firmware update failed. Please, ‘refurbish’ your firmware with a local but official Nokia Care Point. Only those have the tools to refurbish your phone, offically.

Abi99 (2), Apr 6, 2016
  3. palani6 Win User
    what the hell is this!!

File not found

download this .txt file and tell me what the hell is this why this appear in my phone

palani6, Apr 6, 2016
  4. Slippery Win User

Same here. Funny thing for me is, I was on my way in there to delete them anyway. I don't like or use restore points as they screw things up more than help for me. Rather, I use Macrium Reflect and make full system images once a week or as needed if I do anything that changes any files. Works for me.
    Still, this is very curious.

Slippery, Apr 6, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Restore points; what the hell is W10 doing? - Similar Threads - Restore points hell

2. Dual-boot PC - w11 or w10 - Restore PC to a Restore Point in w11 or w10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual-boot PC - w11 or w10 - Restore PC to a Restore Point in w11 or w10: Dual-boot PC - w11 or w10 - Restore PC to a Restore Point in w11 or w10 HOW TO CHOOSE e.g. Windows 10 and PROCEED TO SYSTEM RESTORATION without affecting the other Windows 11????...
  3. Dual-boot PC - w11 or w10 - Restore PC to a Restore Point in w11 or w10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual-boot PC - w11 or w10 - Restore PC to a Restore Point in w11 or w10: Dual-boot PC - w11 or w10 - Restore PC to a Restore Point in w11 or w10 HOW TO CHOOSE e.g. Windows 10 and PROCEED TO SYSTEM RESTORATION without affecting the other Windows 11????...
  4. Dual-boot PC - w11 or w10 - Restore PC to a Restore Point in w11 or w10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What The Hell Is THIS?

in Windows 10 Support
    What The Hell Is THIS?: Friday night, after a day in the salt mines, I came home, awakened computer from a much-deserved slumber, and saw this!: I didn't click on anything. I was able to 'X' out of the ones on the right and left. I clicked on Desktop, and the 2 in the middle disappeared. Does...
  6. What the hell is this?

in Cortana
    What the hell is this?: I press the windows key and type in a search word and there is a giant black screen that blocks everything.What the hell is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-the-hell-is-this/38547366-aad7-48eb-b867-c10885b792f3
  7. what the hell?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what the hell?: Why does windows need my phone number now? I just want to change my Pin from something else, because my little sister knows it. I can't even do that, because I don't have windows hello??????? and also because I don't have the pound key, which is something I apparently need...
  8. what the hell is it doing?

what the hell is it doing?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/cr6sxwastaken [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g3hh3q/what_the_hell_is_it_doing/
  9. What the hell?

What the hell?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/EveningBluebird [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eca09q/what_the_hell/
  10. Restore points in W10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore points in W10: I like to have some kind of safety net - a reinstall is always possible but dull. Restore points are one option but I like to have several options since we know that restore points are very volatile. For the purpose I tried AOMEI OneKey which worked perfectly.. One Key...