Windows 10: restore points

Discus and support restore points in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I keep regular images with Macrium Reflect, free. I create one manually with each new cumulative update. I also make a restore point each week. Due to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by maranna, Jul 28, 2018.

1. maranna Win User

restore points

I keep regular images with Macrium Reflect, free. I create one manually with each new cumulative update.
    I also make a restore point each week.
    Due to their poor reliability record, would you say I am wasting my time with these restore points and to just rely upon Macrium?
    Secondly, if I may, I hear about Aomei. Is that the same as Macrium or is it similar to system restore & advisable to use with Macrium?

:)

maranna, Jul 28, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10  

Hello ma3ino, *Smile

Please double check using the screenshots under step 11 to verify if the restore point is listed there.

Brink, Jul 28, 2018
  3. creating a restore point

Hi Anthony,

We understand that you're having an issue with creating a restore point. For us to further assist you, we'd like to gather additional information.

• Have you tried creating system restore point manually?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?

If you haven't created a system restore point manually, you can refer to the article below and follow the instructions given. Disable your antivirus or security software and then try to create a system restore point manually.

Create a system restore point

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Jul 28, 2018
  4. Roan T Win User

restore points

the restore point

Hi Alvaro,

You can save the state of the operating system and your own files by
    creating a restore point, so that if future changes cause a problem, you can
    return them
    to previous versions and settings.

We suggest that you check the article below and follow the
    guidelines and steps under Restore from a system restore point.

Recovery options in Windows 10

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

restore points

1. restore points - Similar Threads - restore points

2. I cannot create restore point!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cannot create restore point!: Hello, I have a question! When i try to create restore point, first it shows and error 0x81000203 and after that in System properties / System Protection i cannot create restore point and it cannot find any available drivers! Pls help!...
  3. windows update deleted all of my restore points, made vscode stop workin, and glitched the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update deleted all of my restore points, made vscode stop workin, and glitched the...: First of all, i hate windows update to the bones. second of all, the title. installed the update because i had no choice this is the update ->...
  4. windows update deleted all of my restore points, made vscode stop workin, and glitched the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update deleted all of my restore points, made vscode stop workin, and glitched the...: First of all, i hate windows update to the bones. second of all, the title. installed the update because i had no choice this is the update ->...
  5. windows update deleted all of my restore points, made vscode stop workin, and glitched the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. System Restore Point Questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Point Questions: This system has a C: boot drive and a D: data drive. In the System Protection dialog, selecting Confiture for D: brings up "System Protection for Data Drive D:." Does turning protection on for D: just use space on D: to store restore points for the whole system? Or does it...
  7. System Restore Point Questions

System Restore Point Questions: This system has a C: boot drive and a D: data drive. In the System Protection dialog, selecting Confiture for D: brings up "System Protection for Data Drive D:." Does turning protection on for D: just use space on D: to store restore points for the whole system? Or does it...
  8. System Restore Point Questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How to change Windows restore point to go back before the automatic restore point set by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change Windows restore point to go back before the automatic restore point set by...: Hi, I have a Windows 11 Laptop. I accidentally deleted some downloaded system files. I want to restore to a previous date, but Windows won't let me go beyond the automatic system restore point. How can I go back, bypassing the system restore point by days or even weeks?...
  10. How to change Windows restore point to go back before the automatic restore point set by...

How to change Windows restore point to go back before the automatic restore point set by...: Hi, I have a Windows 11 Laptop. I accidentally deleted some downloaded system files. I want to restore to a previous date, but Windows won't let me go beyond the automatic system restore point. How can I go back, bypassing the system restore point by days or even weeks?...