Windows 10: Restore Problem

Discus and support Restore Problem in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Spent hours trying to fis a problem. Cannot restore because of error code 0x0000043. please help. Thanks 100271 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by shoobee, Dec 13, 2017.

1. shoobee Win User

Restore Problem

Spent hours trying to fis a problem. Cannot restore because of error code 0x0000043.
    please help.
    Thanks

:)

shoobee, Dec 13, 2017

2. Nokia Lumia 920 restore

TomBrad95,I have attempted several times to connect to link provided but get message 'Sorry, the page you requested is not available.' continually.

Does Microsoft not able to associate my cellular number with my Hotmail email address?

Restore-man, Dec 13, 2017
  3. voyager Legend and Lumia 1520, with Denim

I just bought a Plantronics legend BT, the first one, I went on line and updated firmware, this did not go well. Phone paired, but kept falling off connection, Frys replaced with a new one, sweet, but same issue, at times it works fine, then nothing, especially
    when making/ receiving calls, jeeps dropping BT

any suggestions

Restore trust, Dec 13, 2017
  4. Clint Win User

Restore Problem

Have you tried doing it in Safe Mode?

Clint, Dec 13, 2017
  5. Josey Wales, Dec 13, 2017
  6. Try this.

Check your settings.

Control Panel
    Recovery
    Configure Systems Restore
    Configure

Restore Problem [​IMG]

Layback Bear, Dec 13, 2017
  7. cereberus Win User
    I thinks OP is referring to restoring an image not doing a rollback to a previous system restore point.

Why on earth do MS use term restore for two different functions - causes no end of confusion.

OP needs to clarify what he/she is trying to do.

cereberus, Dec 13, 2017
  8. Restore Problem

Your very well might be correct.

Shoobee could you please give us more information?

What method are you trying to use to restore?
    Are you using a 3rd party program to do your restore?

Jack

9. shoobee Win User
    Yes I am using Restore Point Creator. This error 0x0000043 seems to be a very common problem caused by an Win 10 update.

How could I create a manual restore point?

I did run the malware checker GrindinSoft but same problem.

shoobee, Dec 13, 2017
  10. That is a third party app, try using the Real Windows Restore method.

Josey Wales, Dec 13, 2017
  11. cereberus Win User
    I have given up using system restore points. I just use Macrium Reflect to do a full image periodically and just do a differential (or incremental as I have MR Home) periodically, then it is easy to rewind and is more reliable. With Home version, it is incredibly fast due to Rapid Delta Restore.

cereberus, Dec 13, 2017
  12. shoobee Win User
    Tried to do it manually. No joy again?

shoobee, Dec 13, 2017
  13. Restore Problem

I agree Restore points also do not always restore everything. MR does.

Josey Wales, Dec 13, 2017
  14. cereberus Win User
    And it is 100% reversible if forward direction if you choose a later diff/inc. Restore points were always a bit flakey like that.

cereberus, Dec 13, 2017
  15. I do agree that Restore Points don't always work but it's worth a try.

If Restore points work then all is well.
    If they don't work you still have the option to use a Backup/Clone.

That is why I try Restore Points first.

Jack

Thema:

Restore Problem

1. Restore Problem - Similar Threads - Restore Problem

2. problems with one drive. I restored a directory called Pictures all folders and sub...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problems with one drive. I restored a directory called Pictures all folders and sub...: 1. My Pictures Folder was was corrupted by a one drive file that I copied to Pictures to save it incase one drive had more problems. 2. I kept getting the error about the one drive file and it wouldn't open the folder pictures so I deleted the directory entry called C...
  3. problems with one drive. I restored a directory called Pictures all folders and sub...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problems with one drive. I restored a directory called Pictures all folders and sub...: 1. My Pictures Folder was was corrupted by a one drive file that I copied to Pictures to save it incase one drive had more problems. 2. I kept getting the error about the one drive file and it wouldn't open the folder pictures so I deleted the directory entry called C...
  4. problems with one drive. I restored a directory called Pictures all folders and sub...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Attempts to Restore Windows 10 have created a host of problems. Downloading generally,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attempts to Restore Windows 10 have created a host of problems. Downloading generally,...: My HP Laptop suffered a sudden and complete crash a few days ago. Black Screen made any attempt to access Windows, Safe Mode or otherwise impossible and with it any restore point. Managed to do a recover via an HP recovery route and got some semblence of Windows back....
  6. Attempts to Restore Windows 10 have created a host of problems. Downloading generally,...

Attempts to Restore Windows 10 have created a host of problems. Downloading generally,...: My HP Laptop suffered a sudden and complete crash a few days ago. Black Screen made any attempt to access Windows, Safe Mode or otherwise impossible and with it any restore point. Managed to do a recover via an HP recovery route and got some semblence of Windows back....
  7. Attempts to Restore Windows 10 have created a host of problems. Downloading generally,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Can't access Windows 10 Desktop after performing a restore due to bluetooth audio problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access Windows 10 Desktop after performing a restore due to bluetooth audio problems: After attempting to roll back to earlier restore point from 2 weeks prior, in the hopes that a new problem with no audio from my bluetooth device, after updating bluetooth audio drivers, I was still unable to correct the bluetooth audio issue so I restored back to present day...
  9. Can't access Windows 10 Desktop after performing a restore due to bluetooth audio problems

Can't access Windows 10 Desktop after performing a restore due to bluetooth audio problems: After attempting to roll back to earlier restore point from 2 weeks prior, in the hopes that a new problem with no audio from my bluetooth device, after updating bluetooth audio drivers, I was still unable to correct the bluetooth audio issue so I restored back to present day...
  10. Can't access Windows 10 Desktop after performing a restore due to bluetooth audio problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade