Windows 10: Restore profile permissions to user profile folder

Discus and support Restore profile permissions to user profile folder in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm not sure why but sometimes when i port a profile over(make new profile, move all files/folder to temp folder, move old profile folder/files in then... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ZippyDSMlee, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Restore profile permissions to user profile folder

I'm not sure why but sometimes when i port a profile over(make new profile, move all files/folder to temp folder, move old profile folder/files in then move the new profile over it) edge and the start menu break. Take ownership seems to miss alot of things and using the security feature in properties seem to make things worse. Going to safe mode and back fixed the start menu but alot of other persimmons are broken. I assume tweaking.com repair tool can fix it but that's alot of down time to have it have its way with the system. Is there anything else that will ensure persimmons for installer,ect and the admin user profile to work like it was all setup out of the box and everything reinstalled fresh?

edit
    ...oy...spellcheck...uhg....

:)

ZippyDSMlee, Jan 12, 2017

2. User profile permissions

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better I would like to know whether this issue persist in Microsoft account or local account.

I suggest you to sign out from the current account, restart the computer and log in with Microsoft Account and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 12, 2017
  3. User profile permissions

Each day I have to reset my files to Full Access through the %userprofile% method and each new day it reverts back to No Access.

How stupid is that?

I want to terminate the Microsoft Cloud nonsense which I think is doing this, how do I cancel it and get out of it?

Please Help!

Original Title:OK I'm sick of this....

StewWilcox, Jan 12, 2017
  4. Restore profile permissions to user profile folder

Taking ownership is not quite enough, you have to also grant permissions, I do it like this:
    Code: takeown /f "%SystemDrive%\Users\defaultuser0" /a /r /d y icacls "%SystemDrive%\Users\defaultuser0" /inheritance:r /grant:r AdministratorsRestore profile permissions to user profile folder :(OI)(CI)F /t /c[/quote] You can reset permission using Windows commands or you can try this utility with GUI.

Resetting NTFS files permission in Windows – Graphical Utility | lallous' lab

TairikuOkami, Jan 20, 2017
  5. Thanks I'll give it a go next time I fight profile stuff!!

ZippyDSMlee, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Restore profile permissions to user profile folder

1. Restore profile permissions to user profile folder - Similar Threads - Restore profile permissions

2. User accounts with differnt profile and profile folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User accounts with differnt profile and profile folders: Hi toghether, my name is Matthias. I got a question about user profiels.we are creating a new AD structure for our company. We work with sensitive data that must be protected by law. Only some of the employees work with the sensitive data. Currently we have two domains. One...
  3. User accounts with differnt profile and profile folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    User accounts with differnt profile and profile folders: Hi toghether, my name is Matthias. I got a question about user profiels.we are creating a new AD structure for our company. We work with sensitive data that must be protected by law. Only some of the employees work with the sensitive data. Currently we have two domains. One...
  4. User accounts with differnt profile and profile folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. User Profile Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Profile Folders: In Windows 11, some folders like Documents, 3D Objects, Contacts, Desktop, Downloads, One Drive, Pictures are understood in the user profile, but apart from this there are some folders whose functions and usages are not understood like - Favorites, Links, Music, Saved Games,...
  6. User Profile Folders

User Profile Folders: In Windows 11, some folders like Documents, 3D Objects, Contacts, Desktop, Downloads, One Drive, Pictures are understood in the user profile, but apart from this there are some folders whose functions and usages are not understood like - Favorites, Links, Music, Saved Games,...
  7. Users folder and Profile folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Users folder and Profile folder: Hello,What are the advantages and disadvantages of deleting the Users main folder and User Folder?I have heard that it will delete viruses or that kind of things!Sorry if it sounds a dumb questionGreetings...
  8. Users folder and Profile folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Users folder and Profile folder: Hello,What are the advantages and disadvantages of deleting the Users main folder and User Folder?I have heard that it will delete viruses or that kind of things!Sorry if it sounds a dumb questionGreetings...
  9. Users folder and Profile folder

10. Restoring Users or Profile folders

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring Users or Profile folders: Currently on Windows 10 x64 Pro v2004 build 19041.572 Problem occurs also in v1909 In February in setup my new system with the system drive on an SSD and the Users folder on a HDD following Kari's wonderful tutorial. No problems there. All working splendidly. However after a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore user profile permissions windows 10