Windows 10: Restore quarantined file, Windows Defender, Creators Update

Discus and support Restore quarantined file, Windows Defender, Creators Update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can't find the Windows Defender quarantine anymore in Creators Update. 83332 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by shmu26, May 1, 2017.

1. shmu26 Win User

Restore quarantined file, Windows Defender, Creators Update

I can't find the Windows Defender quarantine anymore in Creators Update.

:)

shmu26, May 1, 2017

2. Where are the files that windows defender quarantines?

Where are the files that Windows Defender quarantines? I turned on the computer and Defender said a file was dangerous. I clicked the option to Allow the file but it was quarantined anyway. In Defender I can see that it was quarantined and I clicked Restore
    but the file was not restored. So I clicked Allow but it still was not restored and now there is no option for restoring the file. In other words Restore and Allow options do not function which is why I am asking this question. Hide hidden files is disabled
    and I am searching with administrator privileges: There is only one folder in C:\Program Files\Windows Defender. And that folder is named en-US and there is nothing in there like a quarantined file. Sorry for posting this other information but this question
    has been asked repeatedly elsewhere but doesn't get answered because too many people for some reason suggest things like use the Restore option etc. I am not asking for that. I need this file badly. I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me where
    Windows Defender stores files that it quarantines? Thank you.

Fred whoever, May 1, 2017
  3. RamiMURR Win User
    Where to restore quarantined items in Windows 10 creator update?

Found Solution!

- Go to C:\Program Files\Windows Defender.

- Open MSASCui.exe

- Go to History Tab

- Choose Quarantined items and click View details

- Choose the quarantined file you want to restore and click Restore

Done!

Hope this helps Restore quarantined file, Windows Defender, Creators Update :)

RamiMURR, May 1, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Windows Defender Security Suite > Virus & threat protection > Scan history

(and there's more detail if you click 'See full history' there)

Bree, May 1, 2017
Thema:

1. Restore quarantined file, Windows Defender, Creators Update - Similar Threads - Restore quarantined file

2. where is the quarantined defender files put?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    where is the quarantined defender files put?: i needed the drive free of some files , so was copying a folder I wanted, and Defender was objecting. So I added an exception, but maybe it did not take cause the file is nowhere to be found. It says e: which was the usb drive, so put in another usb drive, and selected to...
  3. Windows Defender Quarantined files in System32 after update to 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender Quarantined files in System32 after update to 2004: Good day. I have just updated to Version 2004 and after the last restart I got these error messages: RunDLL There was a problem starting winscomrssrv.dll The specified module cannot be found. and: RunDLL There was a problem starting StartupCheckLibrary.dll...
  4. Quarantine Threats in Windows Defender

Quarantine Threats in Windows Defender: I am new to windows 10. I have windows defender. It shows threats were quarantined. I need to know where to go from there. When I click on threat quarantined it asks do you allow changes to this device. [Original Title: windows defender]...
  5. [Urgent] How to restore a quarantined file in Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Urgent] How to restore a quarantined file in Windows Defender?: [repost] Windows Defender on my laptop quarantined steam_api.dll as a false alarm. I thought it's actually a tojan so I clicked on the 'Remove' button. However, I just found out that the file was perfect and I wanna restore it now. It is visible in 'Full History' tab but...
  6. No Quarantine in Windows Defender?

No Quarantine in Windows Defender?: I installed Windows 10 1903 and noticed in the Windows Defender settings that the Quarantine section has been removed. Where would I find the Quarantine within Windows Defender in 1903? 137937
  7. restoring quarantined items

restoring quarantined items: where is the history tab in MSE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/restoring-quarantined-items/bf7f1eef-3b43-4640-b871-7f45da593878
  8. restoring quarantined items

restoring quarantined items: where is the history tab in MSE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_scanning-windows_7/restoring-quarantined-items/bf7f1eef-3b43-4640-b871-7f45da593878
  9. Malwarebytes Quarantine and Windows Defender

Malwarebytes Quarantine and Windows Defender: I accidently clicked on an dubious site looking for info I was told smartscreen wasn't working but the items had been stopped from entering folders . This was great , I ran the free version of Malwarebytes and it found 4 Items , they turned out to be PUPs and were put in...
  10. How to know what files are quarantined by Windows Defender

How to know what files are quarantined by Windows Defender: Like the first photo, sometimes Windows Defender shows which file it detected and quarantined. In this case, it's fine. [img] But, sometimes, it doesn't show what files it detected and quarantined, and shows only perhaps "quarantined" files, and I don't know what...