Windows 10: Restore recent files for programs

Discus and support Restore recent files for programs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I dunno what I did to disable it but I tried restoring recent folders,ect but it never re enabled the recent list for each program in their context... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZippyDSMlee, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Restore recent files for programs

I dunno what I did to disable it but I tried restoring recent folders,ect but it never re enabled the recent list for each program in their context menu on the task bar. Is there an easy registry file thing available to re enable it? Running creators update thats fully up to date. Thanks for any help.

:)

ZippyDSMlee, Jun 4, 2017
  2. Maria Fab Win User

Recent file list for programs pinned to start gone in Win 10 AU

Hi John,

For better assistance, I would like to ask a few questions:

• Aside from the update, have you made any changes to the settings of your PC or restored it to default?
    • Have you tried
      pinning the apps manually
      ?

Regards.

Maria Fab, Jun 4, 2017
  3. Maria Fab Win User
    Recent file list for programs pinned to start gone in Win 10 AU

You might want to try this
    link
    to find lost files after the update to Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Maria Fab, Jun 4, 2017
  4. Restore recent files for programs

Hi ZippyDSMlee

Do you know what happened to cause these to be deleted?

Did you initiate any cleanup or are you using any products like cc cleaner?

If you open a file does your recent list at least show that item for the applicable app?

Caledon Ken, Jun 5, 2017
  5. It was either turning off recent files in folder options or turning them off for quick access but I re turned all that back on and it did not turn them back on the programs.

ZippyDSMlee, Jun 5, 2017
  6. So when you open a file, use it and save it is not added to list?

Caledon Ken, Jun 5, 2017
  7. It was either turning off recent files in folder options or turning them off for quick access but I re turned all that back on and it did not turn them back on the programs.

ZippyDSMlee, Jun 5, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Restore recent files for programs

The individual lists of recent files for each app can be seen by right-clicking on the app in Start or on the Taskbar. These are called 'jump lists'. You can turn this feature on or off in Settings, as in Option One of this tutorial....

Turn On or Off Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10

Turning 'recent items' off then back on again clears the jump lists for all apps I'm afraid. With the feature turned back on again you won't see anything in the jump lists until you have opened a few files. The lists are empty and will gradually rebuild as you use your PC and have some new 'recent items' to report.

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Restore recent files for programs

1. Restore recent files for programs - Similar Threads - Restore recent files

2. Restore control of Program Files folder on D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore control of Program Files folder on D drive: Hello,I recently installed the Minecraft launcher and specified that minecraft should be installed on my D:\ drive. On my D:\ drive, I had previously created a folder named "Program Files", and all of my programs are installed there. My understanding is that when a UWP app is...
  3. Restore control of Program Files folder on D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore control of Program Files folder on D drive: Hello,I recently installed the Minecraft launcher and specified that minecraft should be installed on my D:\ drive. On my D:\ drive, I had previously created a folder named "Program Files", and all of my programs are installed there. My understanding is that when a UWP app is...
  4. Restore control of Program Files folder on D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop restored windows recently

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Laptop restored windows recently: here's the problem I get Explorer EXE- the group or resources is not in the correct state to perform te requested operation, also laptop very slow , https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-restored-windows-recently/1bbaac39-885d-43cf-9250-aa0d2908e4f0
  6. Restoring Programs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Restoring Programs: I got a partition drive error that told me to restore the computer. it restored it to Windows 7. Against all odds I was able to download and reinstall Windows 10. I backed up all of my programs on another drive before the recovery process. The question - How do I get them...
  7. Backup program restored files that I can't find

in Browsers and Email
    Backup program restored files that I can't find: The bottom line: Files backed up, then restored from HP's built-in backup/restore recovery partition program can't be searched or seen or found after a restore. ====================================== I used HP backup utility built in to the recovery partition on an 8 month...
  8. Backup program restored files that I can't find

in Windows 10 Support
    Backup program restored files that I can't find: The bottom line: Files backed up, then restored from HP's built-in backup/restore recovery partition program can't be searched or seen or found after a restore. ====================================== I used HP backup utility built in to the recovery partition on an 8 month...
  9. Restoring Program Files folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring Program Files folder: Hello, So if i were to uninstall a program via add or remove programs and then deleted the application folder that windows 10 leaves behind after uninstalling the application in the program files or the program files (x86) folder, would system restore revert those changes as...
  10. Minimize programs and restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Minimize programs and restore: Another problem I'm finding with 10 is as follows. With 7 it was easy to minimize an open program. It disappeared to Explorer and could be clicked on and restored. Under 10 you can minimize, but only the first one is recognized. If you minimized a second program it supplants...