Windows 10: Restore recent folders to quick access, including list of 4 recent

Discus and support Restore recent folders to quick access, including list of 4 recent in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, The recent folders have disappeared from my quick access menu. I came across some threads that explain how to restore the recent folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wolf145, Jul 5, 2017.

1. wolf145 Win User

Restore recent folders to quick access, including list of 4 recent

Hello,
    The recent folders have disappeared from my quick access menu. I came across some threads that explain how to restore the recent folders shortcut to the quick access menu - this worked. However, before it disappeared, there was a list of the 4 most recent folders appearing below the 'Recent Folders' shortcut. They do not appear now. I would appreciate someone's help with solving this.
    Thanks.

:)

wolf145, Jul 5, 2017

2. File explorer - how many recently used folders in quick access

Hi, in Windows 10, File explorer there is a new Quick access area with pinned folder and Recently/frequent used folders - the question is, can it be more than 4 recently used folder in this list?

Tnx,

T.

TomFly_108, Jul 5, 2017
  3. mharran Win User
    Windows 10 replaced Recent Folders with Quick Access. how to change 10 to 20?

For anyone still struggling with this, here is a step by step guide to

• Adding Recent Folders back to Quick Access (easy)
    • Getting Recent Folders to appear in Save As dialogs (tricky, needs registry modifactions, not to attempted unless you are comfortable modifying the Registry)
    Restoring Recent Folders (Dragonblogger.com)

mharran, Jul 5, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Welcome to TenForums @wolf145

You don't say where you found these threads, but we have some tutorials here on TenForums on that subject which probably cover the steps you took.

Turn On or Off Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10
    Reset and Clear Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10

Note that the second one on 'how to clear the lists' basically says turn it off then on again. I'm afraid your lists may well have been cleared by now. The frequent places in your quick access will rebuild its list as you use the PC, but there's no way to retrieve an old list. You'll have to recreate it by revisiting those places I'm afraid.

If you have been relying on these quick access links as your primary way to find places you want, then once you have rebuilt the list you can right-click on the important ones and choose 'Pin to Quick access' to make them permanent.

Bree, Jul 5, 2017
Thema:

1. Restore recent folders to quick access, including list of 4 recent - Similar Threads - Restore recent folders

2. Quick Access & Recent files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access & Recent files: Hi i want to increase the number of "recent files" shown in the quick access function to more than 20, ideally 50. I don't want workarounds or rely on me pinning things, I just want to see more than 20 recent files. The current limit is a hindrance to my work as 20 files...
  3. Recent files and folders not showing in Quick access

Recent files and folders not showing in Quick access: The files do not show in quick access! whatever I try to go back to normal, it fails : Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealthand press Enter. Restart the PC. ---> does not work. Whether I click or use "defaut parameters" the ticK will disappear...
  4. Enabling the Quick Access Recent Documents List

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabling the Quick Access Recent Documents List: My list of Recent Documents is not showing up in either my Task Bar or Start Menu. I have opened Word Options / Advanced, and selected to display 10 recent documents, but they're not showing up. They used to show up, but suddenly not anymore. My Excel still shows its...
  5. Increase number of recent folders in quick access

Increase number of recent folders in quick access: This seems to have been done to death over the years but the interest in pressing MS for an update has waned by the looks of it. I would encourage all interested users to post more regularly about this becasue for those who are file and folder users, this is an important...
  6. Recent folders / frequent folders / recent files / quick access

Recent folders / frequent folders / recent files / quick access: Ok, this is driving me mad. Until recently there was a fantastic feature in Windows called Recent Places (or something like that). It's no longer available and this must cost me 5 minutes per hour (for which I will invoice Microsoft.) Now there is the Quick Access menu,...
  7. recent files and folders, quick access

recent files and folders, quick access: hello all, just wondering if this is a setting that i have missed. but i really like the recent files and folders feature, I.E; recent files opened are displayed when right clicking Adobe PDF, Word, Excel, ect ect on task-bar and also recent folders shown by right...
  8. Recent files and folders not showing in Quick access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent files and folders not showing in Quick access: Hello after recent problems with my windows updates my qucik access got all weird. My recently opened/frequently used files or not showing on the left side unless pinned (which I don't want to do with some). I do have activated the "show recent files" as you can see in my...
  9. Recent file or folders in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent file or folders in Quick Access: I have browsed through Add or Remove Frequent folders from Quick access in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials However it is not clear to me, how I may keep only the normal items, but not continually add "recent" items. Sorry if this seems a stupid thread, but...
  10. Recent items not showing in quick access or start list

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent items not showing in quick access or start list: Hi there, I've only just upgraded to windows 10, so still getting to grips. I have the recent items option enabled in both the quick access panel and jump lists, but they're appearing in neither. Does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks 31689