Windows 10: Restore/Reset System to defaults

Discus and support Restore/Reset System to defaults in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, I bought a laptop Dell Inspiron 15 5000 5577 model 3 months ago. This was meant to be a temporary machine, as I was waiting for my primary laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Juzwa, May 29, 2018.

1. Juzwa Win User

Restore/Reset System to defaults

Hi,

I bought a laptop Dell Inspiron 15 5000 5577 model 3 months ago. This was meant to be a temporary machine, as I was waiting for my primary laptop machine to be back from the service.

Now Im not using this machine at all and I want to sell it. And for obvious reasons I need to restore/reset the system to forget all personal data and make it as default as possible. Clean all the registry.... and so on, and so on...

But because it didnt come with windows cd/dvd makes it harder, right? This means its OEM version?

How can I do that?

:)

Juzwa, May 29, 2018

2. reset system folder (windows) permission back to default / original state

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type File explorer options,Select it from the options
    • Click on Restore defaults.
    • Click Apply and OK.

Thanks,

Waseemulla S, May 29, 2018
  3. RESETTING THE DEFAULT FONTS?

Hello,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have performed. To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• Did you delete any fonts from the system?
    • Which Windows 10 build are you using?
    • When you say ''Tried the one in the font menu but it didn't work!
      ‘’did you tried the option Restore default fonts settings? If not you can try the below steps.
    Let’s try to restore the default fonts settings and check if this helps.

• Type fonts on the Windows search bar and select
      Fonts.

• Click on Font settings on the left pane and click on
      Restore default fonts settings.

• Click on OK.
    Check if this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Restore/Reset System to defaults

1. Restore/Reset System to defaults - Similar Threads - Restore Reset System

2. System Restore regarding Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore regarding Reset: Hey y’all, I fixed my pc recently and I found that all my files were gone and I tried to go backwards and then I locked myself out because now my PC is unbootable. So, if I were to reset my PC using troubleshoot to reset pc and keep my files, would it delete all my restore...
  3. Reset all settings to system default

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset all settings to system default: Is there a way to reset the system settings to the defaults? I'd like to know if I can do it without completely resetting my system or losing my files. submitted by /u/OsrsHelp8008 [link] [comments]...
  4. restore the system to a point previous to the default options.

restore the system to a point previous to the default options.: Hi community, I want to restore the system to a point previous to the default options, which only go back a couple of months. How do I do that?...
  5. How to restore default System icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to restore default System icons: i tried to delete some font but ended up deleting the default icon pack of windows 10 please help me out [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-default-system-icons/0a5049a9-d01d-41ab-a636-3ccf53fd52b7
  6. How to restore default system fonts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to restore default system fonts?: [ATTACH] Hi all, I'm a designer and recently installed some very bold variants of Helvetica Neue on my PC. It works fine for my purposes but has taken over as the default system font - as you can see in the attached screenshot of a random webpage. Wherever another font is...
  7. System Restore/Reset PC Errors

System Restore/Reset PC Errors: I have been having issues with my laptop when programs like malwarebytes, or quicken try to install updates, where the software wont update and errors out. I have run numerous antivirus scans and malware scans and every time they find nothing. I have even found issues when...
  8. Why is System Restore not automatically activated as default?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Why is System Restore not automatically activated as default?: Is there a reason why system restore is not automatically activated as default in Windows 10? Does it work well or are there alternative solutions? My experience with Windows 7 was that it sometimes worked OK but not all the time and I had problems with recovery system...
  9. Why is system restore not enabled as default?

Why is system restore not enabled as default?: Hey Guys Is there a reason system restore is not enabled as default? Not needed any more/ is there now a better alternative ? Many thanks.... 12126
  10. Why is system restore disabled by default?

Why is system restore disabled by default?: Any ideas? I understand, that 10 relies on reset/refresh, but disabling SR is a bit drastic. *Shock Especially taking into account, how many flaws are in 10 right now, I wonder how it made RTM. 11443