Windows 10: Restore settings in games to new Family member accounts

Discus and support Restore settings in games to new Family member accounts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I spent time today adding my son to the Windows 10 Family settings, and when we tried to access his account we learned that all his game settings,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by confusedintz, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Restore settings in games to new Family member accounts

I spent time today adding my son to the Windows 10 Family settings, and when we tried to access his account we learned that all his game settings, skins, standings, etc are all somehow connected to the main administrator account? He can't even access the Steam program or anything? I can't figure out how to set permissions by program. Help anyone?

I'm thinking that because I didn't set these settings and accounts up when we set up the computer he'll lose all the settings, but surely there's a way around this? Hasn't this happened before?

I'm thinking I need to set up a new Admin account and then turn over access to the original one to him?

Please...help?

:)

confusedintz, Apr 25, 2016

2. Parental Control

Hi Yaire,

Any adult in the family can remove a family member on your Xbox One console. If you are using an adult account, you can remove a family member's account from the console by following the steps provided on this link:

How to remove a family member

If you are using a child account and has no access to an adult account, you need to reset the Xbox to factory defaults to reset the settings on the console including the
    Family Settings.

You can visit this
    link
    and follow the steps on how to reset your console.

If you choose Reset and remove everything, the user data, including accounts, saved games, settings, home Xbox associations, and all games and apps will be deleted. However, if you select
    Reset and keep my games & apps, this process
    will reset the Operating System and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to let us know.

Loraine Mon, Apr 25, 2016
  3. Fifa 17, Xbox one s. Why can family member access a downloaded game on the primary account?

We have downloaded FIFA 17 on to new Xbox one S under the primary account. Can anyone advise how family members can access this game

sixthgnat418771, Apr 25, 2016
  4. Restore settings in games to new Family member accounts

I just checked and in fact, he has no access to most anything a computer could be used for - Excel, Word, etc. and only bare bones programs/apps. This doesn't seem to make sense to me.

confusedintz, Apr 25, 2016
Thema:

Restore settings in games to new Family member accounts

1. Restore settings in games to new Family member accounts - Similar Threads - Restore settings games

2. Can't add a new member to Family Safety account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add a new member to Family Safety account: Recently, I'm not able to add a new member account to a Family Safety account. Organizer *** Email address is removed for privacy *** New member account that I can't add *** Email address is removed for privacy *** The error message is Something went wrong on our end. Give it...
  3. Can't add a new member to Family Safety account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't add a new member to Family Safety account: Recently, I'm not able to add a new member account to a Family Safety account. Organizer *** Email address is removed for privacy *** New member account that I can't add *** Email address is removed for privacy *** The error message is Something went wrong on our end. Give it...
  4. Family members

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family members: I have added my wife as a family member and have received a notification that she has been added as a child. How can I correct it to an adult? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-members/88401424-5bce-403a-a5fe-c2dd9ac07f52
  5. Sharing a game with family member

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing a game with family member: I got bought Forza Horizon 4 and I want to let my brother play it in his own account without letting him into mine every time, is it possible? I searched on Google but I can't find a clear answer. My brother is already a family member. submitted by /u/Vaiolo00 [link]...
  6. Problem with family member account

Problem with family member account: I have the following message on a child family members account Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device LAPTOP-%%%%%%5 for family features to work. The fix it says it to start, settings, accounts, family and other people under your family, select...
  7. Trouble setting up a family member's account

Trouble setting up a family member's account: My laptop keeps having an issue when I try to create an account for a family member. Something to do with Microsoft family not being able to connect. My windows 10 is up to date and I'm always connected to the internet whenever I try creating an account. Need some help...
  8. Game sharing with family members

Game sharing with family members: Hi, I have just purchased Froza Horizon 4 Standard edition from Microsoft Store on Windows 10 PC. It downloaded and Installed overnight. Seems to work fine on my account/profile. I want to share it with other Family members who have microsoft accounts and are listed as my...
  9. unable to remove family member account

unable to remove family member account: i just recently added a family member account on my pc and i wanted to delete it so i did the following i went to "manage family members online" andi deleted the account on there. so i went back to see if it was actually deleted and its not so i went back into "manage family...
  10. Family members user accounts

Family members user accounts: For some reason the native photos app has got broken on my wife and sons user accounts (both standard accounts). I cannot fix it. On my own administrator account it works fine. There was a recent photos app update which I think is what screwed it up! Anyway I tested creating...