Windows 10: Restore shift+double click to resize all columns in Details view?

Discus and support Restore shift+double click to resize all columns in Details view? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; To resize all columns to fit in Details view in Explorer the fastest way used to be putting the cursor on one division then holding Shift and double... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Galane, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Galane Win User

Restore shift+double click to resize all columns in Details view?

To resize all columns to fit in Details view in Explorer the fastest way used to be putting the cursor on one division then holding Shift and double clicking.

But some Windows version back, Microsoft took that away. *Mad

Any way to get it back in 10 and other versions without it?

:)

Galane, Apr 24, 2018

2. Maintain Explorer Column Sizing

Okay, when I said, This doesn't work .." I was referring to a global fix for folders and subfolders ... Unless i did something wrong.

Your step-by-step instructions seems to have worked, on a per folder basis (I had been using Right click on name column and "Size all Columns to fit" Perhaps there is a difference in manually resizing the column at the dividing line ... but it still doesn't
    resize all sub folders and files globally. If I click on one of the folders in the group I resized, the files in that folder have to be resized also ...

I mean, I guess if this fix works, I can resize the name column of every file folder as I click on them but better would be to resize the Documents file, double click it, click Excel and have all the worksheet file names already sized to fit ...

FredVavrek, Apr 24, 2018
  3. Windows Script Host access is disabled

The script file name is not visible. Pls expand the Command line column by double-clicking the resize pane near the column header, and post a fresh screenshot.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Apr 24, 2018
Thema:

Restore shift+double click to resize all columns in Details view?

1. Restore shift+double click to resize all columns in Details view? - Similar Threads - Restore shift+double click

2. Double Click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Double Click: Hello, can somebody tell me how can i get rid off a double click it always makes me an issue. Thanks whoever responds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click/a7d1d883-46d8-4a60-a144-19b78ce96c19
  3. Double Click

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Double Click: Hello, can somebody tell me how can i get rid off a double click it always makes me an issue. Thanks whoever responds. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click/a7d1d883-46d8-4a60-a144-19b78ce96c19
  4. How to put all File Explorer screen in Details view with the same column order?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to put all File Explorer screen in Details view with the same column order?: I would like to make Windows File Explorer open every folder, regardless of contents, in Details view with these columns in this order: Size Date Modified Name Type If I add a column later or rearrange them, I want to be able to propagate that layout all folders. Is...
  5. double click on the double headed arrow will not resize window

in Windows 10 Customization
    double click on the double headed arrow will not resize window: double click on the double headed arrow will not resize window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-click-on-the-double-headed-arrow-will-not/9f5fce8f-6909-4816-8498-917b43777936
  6. Undo clicking the "size all columns to fit"

Undo clicking the "size all columns to fit": I was recently in Windows Explorer organizing some files, and suddenly I clicked "size all columns to fit". I don't like this view because it makes the text look compact. The OCD side of me didn't want to drag the columns around because then they wouldn't match the rest of...
  7. View details of quarantined items all at once?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    View details of quarantined items all at once?: I restored an old drive that has many EXE files, which are self-running presentations from old CD-ROM projects of mine, and I'm attempting to copy them over using a third party back up app, however Windows 10 has snagged a whole bunch them all at once in rapid fire and sent...
  8. Details view columns doesnt open!

in Cortana
    Details view columns doesnt open!: 1st Q after opening a search results in details view then clicking the arrow beside columns to choose filters it does not open in most cases & for other open but give infinite computing status so once i click away from the pop up it closes then i can not scroll up/dn the...
  9. Details view truncating columns

Details view truncating columns: After a recent Windows 10 update columns in the details view optimized for music are truncated to 26 characters. Stretching out the column does no good. Limited to 26 characters. Makes it impossible to see complete song and/or album titles in many case. What happened?...
  10. Change the details view right click option list?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the details view right click option list?: In details view, when right clicking the header to add columns, is there a way to add Frame Width and Frame Height to that popup menu? Better yet would be making it automatically add those columns for folders with videos files, with Frame Width to the left of Frame Height?...