Windows 10: Restore specific backup date to get rid of malware

Discus and support Restore specific backup date to get rid of malware in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have malware that has infested my Chrome browser with Yahoo and I cannot get rid of it. I want to restore my system back to August 20, 2018 to see if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SherylRobinson2, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Restore specific backup date to get rid of malware

I have malware that has infested my Chrome browser with Yahoo and I cannot get rid of it. I want to restore my system back to August 20, 2018 to see if that will get rid of it. None of the malware software programs has had any effect whatsoever. Help Me!!

:)

SherylRobinson2, Aug 27, 2018
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Aug 28, 2018
  3. Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Aug 28, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restore specific backup date to get rid of malware

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    • Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    • Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    • click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Restore specific backup date to get rid of malware [​IMG]
    • Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    • Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

Restore specific backup date to get rid of malware

1. Restore specific backup date to get rid of malware - Similar Threads - Restore specific backup

2. How to get rid of malware in OneDriveTemp?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of malware in OneDriveTemp?: Hello,My antivirus repeatedly identifies the file below as malware. Unfortunately, I don't know how to get rid of the file, because even if I delete it it's a hidden file, after working with OneDrive for a while, it reappears and downloads to the computer where I have...
  3. How to get rid of malware in OneDriveTemp?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of malware in OneDriveTemp?: Hello,My antivirus repeatedly identifies the file below as malware. Unfortunately, I don't know how to get rid of the file, because even if I delete it it's a hidden file, after working with OneDrive for a while, it reappears and downloads to the computer where I have...
  4. How to get rid of a polymorphic malware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of a polymorphic malware?: I found a "Generic.Application.HackTool.KMS.A.DD98CF7E" location is c:\windows\setup\scripts\hwid_activation_aio.cmdMy company's security consultant reached out to me saying that my passwords are for sale on the dark web. I ran a deep scan with a bitdefender total security...
  5. How to get rid of a polymorphic malware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of a polymorphic malware?: I found a "Generic.Application.HackTool.KMS.A.DD98CF7E" location is c:\windows\setup\scripts\hwid_activation_aio.cmdMy company's security consultant reached out to me saying that my passwords are for sale on the dark web. I ran a deep scan with a bitdefender total security...
  6. Can I do a 'system restore' to get rid of virus / malware?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I do a 'system restore' to get rid of virus / malware?: Hi, My computer may have gotten a virus/ bug / malware. If it did, could I use "system restore" to go back to a point before the malware? And then would the malware be gone / problem solved? I see that I can go back to Jan 26 before the possible infection. I am willing to...
  7. Create A Restore Point with a specific date

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create A Restore Point with a specific date: i have a video that i made a day ago. But it got corrupted! I need help. Can someone help me solve the problem by telling me how to make a restore point with a specific date, or tell me something else that will solve the case? submitted by /u/FyreBoyeYT [link] [comments]...
  8. get rid of these date tabs

in Windows 10 Support
    get rid of these date tabs: By the way, any idea how can i get rid of these "date" tabs? Marked in red boxes. [ATTACH] 137962
  9. Need help getting rid of a malware

Need help getting rid of a malware: Good afternoon! Yesterday I saw a weird thing happening on my computer... A software was installing and I didn't remember giving it permission, it was One System Care, but this was solved easily using Add or Remove Programs. But I started to pay attention to my computer...
  10. Why cant I get rid of these malwares?

Why cant I get rid of these malwares?: I use Malwarebytes to remove these malwares, but after I open Chrome, they come back again. please help https://content.screencast.com/users...8b9ea129/1.png 98560

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Back up date

2. backu with date