Windows 10: Restore start menu apps to default

Discus and support Restore start menu apps to default in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I unpinned a lot of the apps from the Start menu, now I'd like to restore it to it's installation default. Any way to do this? 7765 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Ztruker, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Ztruker Win User

Restore start menu apps to default

I unpinned a lot of the apps from the Start menu, now I'd like to restore it to it's installation default.
    Any way to do this?

:)

Ztruker, Jul 3, 2015
  2. Dikma Win User

How to restore to default start menu windows 10

My problem fixed by reinstall all windows app again from How to fix your Windows 10 Start Menu

rather than i create new local account one. cause sfc /scannow not detect any problem.

Dikma, Jul 3, 2015
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    How to restore to default start menu windows 10

Hi,

This might be caused by system conflicts or corrupted system files. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest running the System File Checker (SFC) tool and Deployment Image Servicing Management (DISM) scan to scan and repair for corrupted and damaged
    system files. Refer to this forum article created by one of our MVPs,
    ZigZag3143, to know how to run the SFC scan and DISM.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Anne Ros, Jul 3, 2015
Thema:

Restore start menu apps to default

1. Restore start menu apps to default - Similar Threads - Restore start menu

2. Need help restoring apps to start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help restoring apps to start menu: Hi, I was having trouble launching the new Microsoft launcher for Minecraft the other day so I searched and found a solution here on the community board and I did what it said. It didn't fix the problem for anyone in the thread, including myself, and instead seems to have...
  3. Need help restoring apps to start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help restoring apps to start menu: Hi, I was having trouble launching the new Microsoft launcher for Minecraft the other day so I searched and found a solution here on the community board and I did what it said. It didn't fix the problem for anyone in the thread, including myself, and instead seems to have...
  4. Icon for Default Apps in Start Menu Disappear

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon for Default Apps in Start Menu Disappear: Hi, after several exchanges with tech support. I finally found out what caused the problem of the icons disappearing and deleted the file which was C:\Users\MyAccount\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Search_cw5n1h2txyewy, after which I deleted the account and copied...
  5. default start menu

default start menu: how do i return to the default start menu. I guess I hit something and it changed. I want to go back to default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-start-menu/65c75367-a7af-48fb-8d3c-48e3ed9fa838
  6. Restore default start menu and task bar?

Restore default start menu and task bar?: How to restore default start menu and task bar? I don't like the apps set as "tiles" and I cant seem to find how to bring the default start menu and task bar....
  7. Windows 10 start menu and default apps

Windows 10 start menu and default apps: Everytime when i change order or unpin some of default preseted apps on start menu and restart my PC, windows restore start menu order and if i delete those apps he even install them again! How to stop this ? I can't pin any app or to re-oragnize start menu[ATTACH]...
  8. Default/Stock Start Menu Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default/Stock Start Menu Apps: Apologies if this is the wrong area to post this question. Here is the two .bat app removers that I use. One is for the apps on my account and one is for the apps on all accounts. apps.batapp packages.bat I just reinstalled Windows 10 Pro 64-bit and I guess with this new...
  9. Restore points breaking start menu apps

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore points breaking start menu apps: Does anyone else have the problem of restoring from a restore point causing the Start Menu Apps to crash? After restoring from a restore point, every time apps such as Weather, Sports, any Store app requiring communication, crashes. I've been having this problem since build...
  10. Start Menu default showing all apps?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu default showing all apps?: I recently installed windows 10 on an old notebook and for some reason the start menu looks like this: [img] I don't want it to show the alphabetical list of all the apps by default. On all my other computers the start menu looks more like this one....