Windows 10: Restore thumb drive from Windows Media Creation Tool to 'normal'

Discus and support Restore thumb drive from Windows Media Creation Tool to 'normal' in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings, I usually resolve this type of issue via a Google search but I wasn't exactly sure how to phrase my question. 1. I have a Sandisk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by The Pool Man, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Restore thumb drive from Windows Media Creation Tool to 'normal'

Greetings,

I usually resolve this type of issue via a Google search but I wasn't exactly sure how to phrase my question.

1. I have a Sandisk Ultra Fit thumb drive (recommend, by the by)
    2. I had to reformat it as a bootable Windows Media Creation drive (so that I could install Windows on a laptop from it)
    3. I now wish to restore the thumb drive back to 'normal' but in Windows there seems to be various format choices. I want the formatting that allows me to remove the drive from PC and plug into my TV (so that my TV can read the pictures, video, what have you)

And so what format should I reformat to is really my question? And if you know of a handy webpage that explains the process in Windows 10 please she URL and save yourself the bother of typing it out.

Thank you

:)

The Pool Man, Nov 28, 2016
  2. InsGadget Win User

[SOLVED] Windows 10 "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE"

Huh. I've always had good results with their phone support people. Well, now that you have a thumb drive, download (from another working PC) the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool from

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install
    . Choose "Create installation media for another PC", choose thumb drive, and create your recovery media. Then plug that into your afflicted PC, make sure it is set to boot
    from USB, and reinstall Windows. Should work, I just recovered my Surface 3 using that procedure.

InsGadget, Nov 28, 2016
  3. InsGadget Win User
    [SOLVED] Windows 10 "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE"

Get a 16 GB thumb drive, and plug it into another working PC. Download and run the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool from

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install
    . Choose "Create installation media for another PC", choose thumb drive, and create your recovery media. Then plug that into your afflicted
    PC, make sure it is set to boot from USB, and reinstall Windows. Should work, I just recovered my Surface 3 using that procedure.

InsGadget, Nov 28, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Restore thumb drive from Windows Media Creation Tool to 'normal'

FAT32 and change the allocation size to default will be the most compatible

NavyLCDR, Nov 28, 2016
  5. mrgeek Win User
    If you want to use on your TV, FAT32 is the best format. Plug in thumb drive. This PC/r-click drive letter/Properties. If not already FAT32, r-click drive letter to get screen shot window. Format/Change File System to FAT32, default allocation size/check Quick format. DONE

Restore thumb drive from Windows Media Creation Tool to 'normal' [​IMG]

mrgeek, Nov 28, 2016
  6. Oh damn. It's always something with Windows. Sheesh. (I know, human error, I've just been having weeks of nothing working on the first try.)

Following these directions cleared and renamed the drive but now this 128GB drive thinks it's only 32 gigs. Ahem.

I'm trying a tutorial on YouTube right now.

The Pool Man, Nov 29, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Just change the FAT32 to NTFS, everything else is the same.

NavyLCDR, Nov 29, 2016
  8. Restore thumb drive from Windows Media Creation Tool to 'normal'

It turns out I was in this position -- needing to remove a partition --

Remove Partition from USB or SD Card - YouTube

complicated but it worked

THANKS for help

The Pool Man, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Restore thumb drive from Windows Media Creation Tool to 'normal'

1. Restore thumb drive from Windows Media Creation Tool to 'normal' - Similar Threads - Restore thumb drive

2. media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media creation tool: how do i fix media creation tool it keeps crashing when i open it without any error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool/3740294e-2b85-48de-a678-e7f03ee46369
  3. Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool: I'm having an issue with the media creation tool where it won't install or even give me a list of usb drives at all. Even if I tried running it from inside the usb flash drive it still says the same thing "you need 8 gb of available space on Windows :C". I'm having this issue...
  4. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool: I figured out what the tool was, and I didn't like it. You made it sound sooooooo exiting in the license terms, but when I found out what it really was, I was not impressed. Way to go Microsoft. Way to go. You ripped me off of thinking it was something cool, but instead you...
  5. Media creation tool.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool.: Yes, I have successfully downloaded the tool and Windows 10. All I did was click on a link that someone posted and BAM the media creation tool and Windows 10 were downloaded! Thanks! *^^*...
  6. windows 10 media creation tool is only working once per thumb drive, if rewritten, the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 media creation tool is only working once per thumb drive, if rewritten, the...: Hello, I am having a problem with windows 10 media creation tool where it only works once per thumb drive? to explain it better, I have two 8gb thumb drives, here i'm installing 32 bit windows 10 on an old tablet pc.so, the first drive, I used media creation tool to write,...
  7. windows 10 media creation tool is only working once per thumb drive, if rewritten, the...

windows 10 media creation tool is only working once per thumb drive, if rewritten, the...: Hello, I am having a problem with windows 10 media creation tool where it only works once per thumb drive? to explain it better, I have two 8gb thumb drives, here i'm installing 32 bit windows 10 on an old tablet pc.so, the first drive, I used media creation tool to write,...
  8. windows 10 media creation tool is only working once per thumb drive, if rewritten, the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media creation tool: So i know i can use this tool to update my pc to latest but will i keep all my settings and preferences? Havent updated my pc in 3 years so figured this is a better way to do it. submitted by /u/AwesomePicMan [link] [comments]...
  10. Bootable thumb drive created with Media Creation Tool not recognized

Bootable thumb drive created with Media Creation Tool not recognized: Using my old Windows 7 x64 Ultimate machine, I have created a bootable thumb drive using the Media Creation Tool but the thumb drive is not being recognized by the new (target) PC where I want to install Windows 10, which is running a Gigabyte GA-Z270M-D3H motherboard with...