Windows 10: Restore to previous build.??????

Discus and support Restore to previous build.?????? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm on Version 1607 Build 14905 Initially thought my problem was only Adobe Reader DC not opening. Having many problems that SFC or DISM didn't fix.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cfourkays, Aug 26, 2016.

1. cfourkays Win User

Restore to previous build.??????

I'm on Version 1607 Build 14905
    Initially thought my problem was only Adobe Reader DC not opening.
    Having many problems that SFC or DISM didn't fix.

"Start", "Power" does nothing, just disappears back to desktop (Right click option works)
    Can't open "Windows Update" "Update History". Does same thing. nothing.
    Couple of others.

Exists in Safe Mode
    Ran my Bitdefender 2016, Malwarebytes, Ccleaner,

If I return to the previous build, will that just be to "14901" or does it take me back farther.
    Pete

:)

cfourkays, Aug 26, 2016
  2. Previous Win User

Cursor style inconsistency

Thanks for reply, but do you see how absurd these settings are? They should make change in size or color but it also change your pointer style! There is no warning about it. People can be cofused about it. Look at the picture you posted: even in preview
    pictures pointer is definitely win XP style. So if I change for example size, than I get also pointer style change. With old fashioned hourglass loading instead of modern win 10 style blue ring! What is the point of this settings if there is a proper option
    for make pointer size change in control panel/mouse. Implement it to the settings you posted screenshot from. I understand that for black cursor there will be always change in style unless you create a black win 10 style pointer. Please in meantime implement
    it at least for white pointer. Thank you.

Previous, Aug 26, 2016
  3. Previous Win User
    Cursor style inconsistency

Hello,

if you go to settings/easy of access/mouse you can change your mouse pointer size and color. Why this option only support win XP style of pointer? Even in preview pictures there is win XP pointer. So if you want to have bigger pointer with windows 10 style
    you have to change it in classic mouse properties/pointers.

This is quite stupid, because a lot of people can change their pointer style with this settings in easy of access (even if they only want to change size) and dont know how to change it back to windows 10 style.

I understand that this is probably due to fact that microsoft engineers are so lazy to create black windows 10 style pointer and have black pointer only in win XP style. It would be quite strange if there are two types of styles in easy of access/mouse/pointer
    color. So they probably decides lets make it consisteny in one settings who cares that this is win XP style....

Please change this, because it looks so amateurish. Whole windows 10 looks like beta version even now in 2017!!! Please tell me that you know about that and it is not important bug/incostincy/... for you. Otherwise...

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Previous, Aug 26, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

I "think" the previous version would be 1511, at least that was what it did on the one AU I have problems with. That's been an understanding issue, there are Versions and then there are Builds of the version. In my 20+ years of computing it's always been changing a Version is an Upgrade from the previous Version.

Berton, Aug 26, 2016
  5. cfourkays Win User
    Hi Berton,
    It brought me back to same version, Build 14901, which is what I was hoping for.
    Fixed all the minor problems except fo Adobe Reader which crashes. I installed Foxit and that works with .pdf.

I'm on the Fast Ring so I think I'll just wait for the next build.
    Thanks for your help.
    Pete

cfourkays, Aug 27, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    I should have said I was working with the RTM version, not the Insider Preview version, probably made the difference.

Berton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Restore to previous build.?????? - Similar Threads - Restore previous build

2. Restoring previous windows version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring previous windows version: Restoring previous window version stuck on loop, plss help me, If I cant fix this, I wont be able to be present in our online class https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-previous-windows-version/4f9dd09a-7fad-419a-947c-1e2b92b761bb
  3. How to restore to previous version ?

How to restore to previous version ?: A few days ago windows 10 updated itself to the latest version. I've never had any problems with updates but after this one there are many. I have windows 10 pro Version 1903 18362,388 OS Build. Here are the problems : 1. When my computer goes to sleep mode, after I want to...
  4. Restore previous bootloop

Restore previous bootloop: My machine is stuck in a recurrent boot loop where it tries to restore to my previously installed version of windows. I have given it an hour to try to resolve on its own I have then tried previous solutions to ty to get to safe boot to repair including the 3 successive...
  5. restoring to a previous checkpoint

restoring to a previous checkpoint: What happened to the option to restore the system to an earlier checkpoint? I can't find anything that even remotely resembles it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-to-a-previous-checkpoint/99cc9b23-5ef2-4d35-927e-08a601ffcdad
  6. restore computer to previous date

restore computer to previous date: After syncing cell phone to computer, Total screen change. I want to restore computer to previous date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-computer-to-previous-date/ee18203f-84ef-44b0-8029-90f6d1dfcb27
  7. Restore computer to previous date

Restore computer to previous date: I want to restore my computer to previous date, but there is no restore point at that date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/restore-computer-to-previous-date/9d63db28-b68d-4896-b20c-f1c2ddc4f447
  8. No keyboard or mouse works after restoring previous build

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No keyboard or mouse works after restoring previous build: About a week ago my PC installed the annual update and it ended up hanging on a black screen with the spinning circles so I restored to my last build since I don't have my backups anymore. When I finally restored I got to my login screen but couldn't do anything as both my...
  9. Going back to a previous build

Going back to a previous build: I have a Intel Compute Stick that is running WIN 10 Preview Edition. I would like to go back to the previous install. There are 2 files for old Win10 Installs, windows.old & windows.old (1) When I started to reinstall it gave me a warning "You Must have the password for...
  10. Restoring Previous Version

in Windows 10 Support
    Restoring Previous Version: So I download Windows 10 from here: Windows 10 Whilst I run it, no questions show up, asking anything, but in videos I see questions, asking about Updates and your current PC data. Once it completes, and restarts my PC, it finishes, then goes onto a screen saying...