Windows 10: Restore Users and Program Data Folders to Original Drive

Discus and support Restore Users and Program Data Folders to Original Drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Anyone know how to restore these folders to their original drive after they were moved during sysprep 13181 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by andrew124C41, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Restore Users and Program Data Folders to Original Drive

Anyone know how to restore these folders to their original drive after they were moved during sysprep

:)

andrew124C41, Aug 5, 2015

2. kb4074588 nightmare

After installing kb4074588 i have lost my whole user profile, all of my original program files and program files x86 folders, absolute nightmare. Performed a system restore and still the same. Most of my original folders and now in a windows.old
    folder on each of my 5 hard drives. I now have to set everything up again, install all my programs etc.

gerald1313, Aug 5, 2015
  3. System Recovery - Question

Hi Jerry,

With regard to your query, creating a System Image and backing up a system to recovery drive is different.

If you will back up a system to a recovery drive, it will restore the computer to the original factory condition, but it will not restore user installed programs or user data.

If you will create a System Image, it will allow creating a full hard drive backup to a separate hard drive. It will also allow restoring the complete hard drive back to how it was when the last backup was created. It includes the Operating System and installed
    programs and all user data.

Doing a second recovery depends on the size of your external hard drive but it will not overwrite the first recovery if you have a partition.

Let us know if it answered your query.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Aug 5, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Restore Users and Program Data Folders to Original Drive

Ztruker, Aug 5, 2015
  5. Both the users and program data folders were moved using an answer file.
    The tutorial above is different and does not restore program data.
    Do most people here have two drives, one OS and second for data?

andrew124C41, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Restore Users and Program Data Folders to Original Drive

1. Restore Users and Program Data Folders to Original Drive - Similar Threads - Restore Users Program

2. Restore control of Program Files folder on D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore control of Program Files folder on D drive: Hello,I recently installed the Minecraft launcher and specified that minecraft should be installed on my D:\ drive. On my D:\ drive, I had previously created a folder named "Program Files", and all of my programs are installed there. My understanding is that when a UWP app is...
  3. Restore control of Program Files folder on D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore control of Program Files folder on D drive: Hello,I recently installed the Minecraft launcher and specified that minecraft should be installed on my D:\ drive. On my D:\ drive, I had previously created a folder named "Program Files", and all of my programs are installed there. My understanding is that when a UWP app is...
  4. How to restore Users/User name to original name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore Users/User name to original name?: Hei, I renamed my Users/User folder as I didn't like the nameI simply saw a method where I had to look for my user name on the search bar and the option for renaming it would be available. But I can see that windows still see that folder path with the old user name, so it may...
  5. How to restore Users/User name to original name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore Users/User name to original name?: Hei, I renamed my Users/User folder as I didn't like the nameI simply saw a method where I had to look for my user name on the search bar and the option for renaming it would be available. But I can see that windows still see that folder path with the old user name, so it may...
  6. Program data folder is a ghost folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program data folder is a ghost folder: I came home after a weekend about a month ago to find my computers performance had been much worse than I left it. Since then Id found a few ghost folders in my C: drive that I'd fixed but the only one that can't be fixed with anything I do is the program data folder. I say...
  7. OneDrive - Restore Folders to original locations

OneDrive - Restore Folders to original locations: Win 10 Home How do I remove the default folders from OneDrive and restore to there original location - desktop, documents, pictures, etc? In other words - I do not want C:\users\...\OneDrive\Desktop just C:users\...\Desktop. Thanks, Darryl...
  8. Clone data drive with user folders

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clone data drive with user folders: I have some of my user folders (documents, music, pictures and downloads) on a different drive (D:) than the OS (C:). The D: drive is getting a little cramped and i've bought a bigger drive to replace it. I would like to migrate my data from D: to the new bigger drive and...
  9. DATA Drive (D:) Shared User Folders

DATA Drive (D:) Shared User Folders: Under DATA Drive (D:) is a folder called Users, which has my user folder and my son's user folder. When he logs into his account, he can see my user folder. How can I fix it so he can't see my user folder?...
  10. Restore Users Profiles back to C:\Users without data folders

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Restore Users Profiles back to C:\Users without data folders: I don't remember when, but I availed myself of the free Windows 10 upgrade sometime back. I was using 8.1 and I had, at some point, moved C:\Users and all its associated folders to E:. Everything has worked fine and Win10 didn't have a problem. I did notice that there was...