Windows 10: Restore Windows 8-style Bootloader after Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Restore Windows 8-style Bootloader after Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For whatever reason after upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 10 last night, my dual boot disappeared and I had to use EasyBCD to get back my dual boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rogerwilco91, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Restore Windows 8-style Bootloader after Windows 10 upgrade

For whatever reason after upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 10 last night, my dual boot disappeared and I had to use EasyBCD to get back my dual boot option (for dual booting between Windows 10 Insider Preview and now, the recently upgraded Windows 10 OS).

When I used EasyBCD, instead of the calming blue/modern-style Bootloader of Windows 8 which we are familiar with, I had the archaic Windows XP-style/black on white text bootloader with my 2 options:

Restore Windows 8-style Bootloader after Windows 10 upgrade [​IMG]

How do I go about getting back the modern version of the bootloader?

Edit: Fixed! Followed the directions posted over at neosmart forums to fix my issue! Below are the steps I followed to fix my issue:

:)

rogerwilco91, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Linney Win User

Boot manager on startup is black, but mouse cursor is still present. Everything functions except for visuals.

If you have upgraded from 8.1 to Windows 10 you might not be exactly complying with any Microsoft Licensing Agreement. You can upgrade for free but not then keep the operating system that you upgraded from. But I am not a Lawyer, and am not connected with
    Microsoft in any way say it is of no concern to me.

See what these offer you in getting your Boot Options to display.

How To Fix The Windows Bootloader

How To Fix The Windows Bootloader - TweakHound

Fixing the Windows Bootloader via the setup DVD

How to restore windows 8 GUI boot-loader after installing windows 7?

How to restore windows 8 GUI boot-loader after installing windows 7?

Microsoft License Terms

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Useterms/Retail/Windows/10/UseTerms_Retail_Windows_10_English.htm

Microsoft License Terms

Microsoft License Terms

Windows 10

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Useterms/Retail/Windows/10/UseTerms_Retail_Windows_10_English.htm

Google these

Find End User License Terms for Microsoft Software Licensed by Microsoft or the Computer Manufacturer

Find End User License Terms for Microsoft Software Licensed by Microsoft or the Computer Manufacturer

Linney, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Linney Win User
    windows 10 upgrade failed, no bootable device

This is the English Language Forum. Do the above (English) solutions assist you? If not you ought to try the French Language Forum.

How To Fix The Windows Bootloader

How To Fix The Windows Bootloader - TweakHound

How to repair the EFI Bootloader in Windows 8

How to repair the EFI Bootloader in Windows 8 - fixedByVonnie

Repairing Windows in UEFI mode

http://hydra.geht.net/tino/howto/uefi/winrepair/

Windows and (U)EFI

http://hydra.geht.net/tino/howto/uefi/windows/

Fix Windows 8 bootloader after converting MBR disc to GPT

Fix Windows 8 bootloader after converting MBR disc to GPT

"Windows can only boot from GPT on UEFI-based computers running 64-bit versions of Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, and corresponding server versions. All versions of Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, and Vista can read GPT drives and use them for data — they just can’t
    boot from them without UEFI".

What’s the Difference Between GPT and MBR When Partitioning a Drive?

http://www.howtogeek.com/193669/whats-the-difference-between-gpt-and-mbr-when-partitioning-a-drive/

Choose the appropriate Language via link at the bottom of this Page.

Résultats dans Windows - Microsoft Community

Linney, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Restore Windows 8-style Bootloader after Windows 10 upgrade

1. Restore Windows 8-style Bootloader after Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Restore style Bootloader

2. Restore Windows 10 Bootloader SOLUTION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Windows 10 Bootloader SOLUTION: Open an admin prompt.Enter "bootsect /nt60 sys".Done.Entered here as all threads relating appear to be locked and I don't feel like searching for a live thread....
  3. Restore Windows 10 Bootloader SOLUTION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore Windows 10 Bootloader SOLUTION: Open an admin prompt.Enter "bootsect /nt60 sys".Done.Entered here as all threads relating appear to be locked and I don't feel like searching for a live thread....
  4. Restore Windows 10 Bootloader SOLUTION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 8-style Start Screen in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8-style Start Screen in Windows 11: Hello, I'm just wondering if there's any way to enable the full screen Start Screen that was once available in Windows 10's Start Menu settings. Windows 11 doesn't seem to have said option....
  6. Windows 8-style Start Screen in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 8-style Start Screen in Windows 11: Hello, I'm just wondering if there's any way to enable the full screen Start Screen that was once available in Windows 10's Start Menu settings. Windows 11 doesn't seem to have said option....
  7. Windows 8 Start Menu STYLE in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 8 Start Menu STYLE in Windows 10: Dear all, On my Asus UX305, I kept my Windows 8.1, because I actually like the Start Menu. I know that it is possible to have a similar setup in Windows 10, but it definitely does not look the same. Is there a way that I can edit the background of the Start Menu in...
  8. Restore to Windows 8 style Start Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore to Windows 8 style Start Screen: Hi, Is there any way of restoring to the older Windows 8 style start screen? I was able to do this in the previous iteration of the preview, but unable to do it on the current 9926. Thanks 4238
  9. No Bootloader for windows 10

No Bootloader for windows 10: Hello! Alright i desperately need help. When i installed windows 10 I had a separate drive attached with an installment of Windows 7. Now that i want to return that drive to the original owner my drive with Windows 10 installed on it refuses to boot because my motherboard...
  10. Reinstall Windows 8 after 10 upgrade

Reinstall Windows 8 after 10 upgrade: I am trying to remember.. After a machine has been upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8, let us say a year later, will the license key allow you to download, create a Windows 8 iso and reinstall that. Someone has a Surface Pro 2 (I think thats what it is) that was...