Windows 10: Restore with disk image

Discus and support Restore with disk image in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I reinstall Windows 10 from a USB Disk Image 17737 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Yves, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Yves Win User

Restore with disk image

How do I reinstall Windows 10 from a USB Disk Image

:)

2. BulldogXX Win User

windows 10 Recovery

I don't know what's on your flash drive or external drive.

When you make a disk image with imagining software you are copying everything on the disk, including the boot sector. When you restore the image, you also restore the boot sector of the imaged disk.

Depending on the particular imaging application, you can also elect to restore a generic boot sector, instead of the imaged boot sector. You would do this if you suspect that the boot sector on the imaged disk is corrupted.

When you boot from your imaging application's recovery media, you can restore an image that is stored on an external drive. Just browse to the image.

One thing to be very careful of: Make very sure you are restoring the image that you really want to restore, and that you're restoring to the correct partition.

BulldogXX, Aug 19, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    PROBLEM WIPING PC FOR FRESH INSTALL

You can fix this: Posting in caps in a community forum is considered shouting and therefore rude.

You cannot copy system folders from one computer to another. Image the old disk and restore the image to the new disk. You'll need an image application that can restore to dissimilar hardware.

If you're not familiar with disk imaging, reinstall Windows on the new disk.

BulldogXX, Aug 19, 2015
  4. AddRAM Win User

Restore with disk image

Settings, Update & Security, Recovery

AddRAM, Aug 19, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    How did you create the USB disk image?

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Restore with disk image

1. Restore with disk image - Similar Threads - Restore disk image

2. System Image restore to original disk finds the disk too small!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Image restore to original disk finds the disk too small!: I am trying to restore system image to the original drive on original hardware and it fails to complete with errors about the disk being too small.^The disk that is set as active in bios is too small to recover the original disk error 0x80042407."This is the original disk,...
  3. System Image restore to original disk finds the disk too small!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Image restore to original disk finds the disk too small!: I am trying to restore system image to the original drive on original hardware and it fails to complete with errors about the disk being too small.^The disk that is set as active in bios is too small to recover the original disk error 0x80042407."This is the original disk,...
  4. System Image restore to original disk finds the disk too small!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disk Image and Restore Bitlocker encrypted C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Image and Restore Bitlocker encrypted C drive: I have a Dell XPS 13, Windows 10 Pro. Bitlocker enabled on C drive.I used Windows backup to make a full disk image of all partitions.Also made a backup of all my data on C, just in case.Dell is replacing the System Board which has soldered SSD drive chips, so I am getting a...
  6. Disk Image and Restore Bitlocker encrypted C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Image and Restore Bitlocker encrypted C drive: I have a Dell XPS 13, Windows 10 Pro. Bitlocker enabled on C drive.I used Windows backup to make a full disk image of all partitions.Also made a backup of all my data on C, just in case.Dell is replacing the System Board which has soldered SSD drive chips, so I am getting a...
  7. Can't restore Windows from disk image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't restore Windows from disk image: I can't boot Windows. Created installation media on USB. Automatic repair doesn't work. I have a disk image on an external hard drive and 2 backups. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Screenshots taken on different device. Windows can't find the image. When trying to point to the...
  8. Create / restore disk image in windows7

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create / restore disk image in windows7: I have an issue when i was trying to restore a previous disk image mage by windows 10 os. As i have a dual booted partition on my 240gb ssd drive with the other one being Windows 7 os. I was expecting the other one being restored as well. Instead i got a blank partition where...
  9. Restore a windows 10 disk image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore a windows 10 disk image: Hello, I made a windows 10 disk image with the built in tool as i had to send my surface pro back to CS. Now that it it bask I want to restore it. The problem is when I want to do recover it it finds correclty my backup on my external hard drive but after selecting it it...
  10. Image restore to different hard disk doesn't boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Image restore to different hard disk doesn't boot.: I've been swapping out Windows 10 and Windows 7 on my desktop using Macrium Reflect (free version) image backups and restores to the same disk for more than a year without any problem. However, today I restored the last saved Windows 10 backup image to a newly acquired disk...