Windows 10: restoring a laptop to good use

Discus and support restoring a laptop to good use in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been given two HP Pavilion Laptops. Both have Windows 7 Home Premium and both work. I would like to install the latest version of Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnColemanJW, Jul 8, 2018.

1. restoring a laptop to good use

I have been given two HP Pavilion Laptops. Both have Windows 7 Home Premium and both work. I would like to install the latest version of Windows 10 from a disc that would reinstall Windows and wipe out all the other data on the hard drive. One of my questions is whether or not Microsoft is still selling discs to install Windows. If there is an easier way, please let me know.

I can purchase Windows 10, one for each machine if the disc or solution I get works in the way I want it to.

Both of these machines will be donated to a local library who will in turn distribute them to people in need.

:)

JohnColemanJW, Jul 8, 2018
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Jul 8, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

restoring a laptop to good use

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    • Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    • Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    • click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

restoring a laptop to good use [​IMG]
    • Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    • Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

restoring a laptop to good use

1. restoring a laptop to good use - Similar Threads - restoring laptop

2. After updating many drivers I had to restore my laptop f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updating many drivers I had to restore my laptop f: I had to restore from prev save after errors after updating many drivers on my laptop. While restoring my laptop died. After plugging charger and restarting, my screen is black and regardless of key combos, restore, restart, etc. it remains black. In other words, at no point...
  3. After updating many drivers I had to restore my laptop f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After updating many drivers I had to restore my laptop f: I had to restore from prev save after errors after updating many drivers on my laptop. While restoring my laptop died. After plugging charger and restarting, my screen is black and regardless of key combos, restore, restart, etc. it remains black. In other words, at no point...
  4. Set up of new laptop restore or new??

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Set up of new laptop restore or new??: I purchased a new laptop. Currently in set up. Screen question asking me how I’d like to set it up, two options, restore from a windows 10 PC or set up as a new PC? Not sure which to choose. I have things in One Drive. Will they come over with either option? I used my sign in...
  5. Set up of new laptop restore or new??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set up of new laptop restore or new??: I purchased a new laptop. Currently in set up. Screen question asking me how I’d like to set it up, two options, restore from a windows 10 PC or set up as a new PC? Not sure which to choose. I have things in One Drive. Will they come over with either option? I used my sign in...
  6. Set up of new laptop restore or new??

7. My hp laptop is on the blink and I am trying to restore it back to Windows 10 because I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hp laptop is on the blink and I am trying to restore it back to Windows 10 because I...: I am trying to get my HP laptop back to its natural state with Windows 10 and I am having lots of issues. I can't get it to restore to it original store and I have been trying for a while. Can I get assistance to fix my issue to restore my HP to operational status? I reaching...
  8. My hp laptop is on the blink and I am trying to restore it back to Windows 10 because I...

My hp laptop is on the blink and I am trying to restore it back to Windows 10 because I...: I am trying to get my HP laptop back to its natural state with Windows 10 and I am having lots of issues. I can't get it to restore to it original store and I have been trying for a while. Can I get assistance to fix my issue to restore my HP to operational status? I reaching...
  9. My hp laptop is on the blink and I am trying to restore it back to Windows 10 because I...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Why did my old laptop restore all of the info from a different laptop without my request?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my old laptop restore all of the info from a different laptop without my request?: I have a six year old Dell laptop that had windows 10 on it computer 1. I do not use this computer often maybe twice a year. My main laptop was a Lenovo Yoga C940 computer 2. I was using this laptop as my daily laptop for school and work until one day it never turned on...