Windows 10: Restoring accidentally deleted file resulting in 30+ Events logged that need resolution

Discus and support Restoring accidentally deleted file resulting in 30+ Events logged that need resolution in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor -I had to restore a huge file that was accidentally deleted and there are 30+ Events logged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LeiLeiTawni, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Restoring accidentally deleted file resulting in 30+ Events logged that need resolution

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor -I had to restore a huge file that was accidentally deleted and there are 30+ Events logged stating: Directory was not backed up because it is a reparse point: C:\Users\User\OneDrive\~*FILE NAME* If you want it to be protected, remove the reparse point. How do I resolve this? Thank you.

:)

LeiLeiTawni, Nov 29, 2023
  2. M3cael Win User

Only write one number to log file and delete old ones?

Hey,

I'm trying to have some software read from a .text file a number (GPU Temp) but the software will only the first number in a list (Or the first anything)

Is there a way to have to log file delete the previous entries and write the new number in it's place without any headers?

EDIT:

Sorry I'll try again.

I have some webcam software that can read a number (or whatever) from a text file and then it displays the number as an overlay.

See here: http://10.244.193.13:8081/

I was trying to use GPU-z to do this but as it logs as a list the webcam software can't update properly (also it reads the headings of the file and displays them instead)

Is there anyway to alter the logging to only output just the number (GPU Temp) and to delete the old numbers so the new value is the only value in the file.

M3cael, Nov 29, 2023
  3. 95Viper Win User
    I Think CCleaner Deleted My AsusSetup Log File

Is your system misbehaving or programs crashing/not starting, then no... don't worry about a log file.

However, you keep calling it an inii file... do you mean it is an .ini file; if so, run the program the file is for, open the options menu, set the options, save the options... it will probably re-wite the .ini file.

If, it won't start, then try a repair on the program or re-install the program affected.

CCleaner deleted it,because it is set to delete log files, temp files, etc. as default.
    It is a program, you must set its options and tell it what to do and not to do.

Quote from Recuva's documentation page:
    Spoiler
    And, same info here: Recuva File Recovery

95Viper, Nov 29, 2023
  4. Restoring accidentally deleted file resulting in 30+ Events logged that need resolution

Is there any event logged when deleting restore points ?

Restore points are deleted under these conditions:

• By the system, to create free space
    • By automatic updates
    • By users with admin privileges
    None are registered by the event viewer.

Frederik Long, Nov 29, 2023
Thema:

Restoring accidentally deleted file resulting in 30+ Events logged that need resolution

1. Restoring accidentally deleted file resulting in 30+ Events logged that need resolution - Similar Threads - Restoring accidentally deleted

2. Restoring accidentally deleted file resulting in 30+ Events logged that need resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring accidentally deleted file resulting in 30+ Events logged that need resolution: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor -I had to restore a huge file that was accidentally deleted and there are 30+ Events logged stating: Directory was not backed up because it is a reparse point: C:\Users\User\OneDrive\~*FILE NAME* If you want it to be...
  3. Restoring accidentally deleted file resulting in 30+ Events logged that need resolution

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring accidentally deleted file resulting in 30+ Events logged that need resolution: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor -I had to restore a huge file that was accidentally deleted and there are 30+ Events logged stating: Directory was not backed up because it is a reparse point: C:\Users\User\OneDrive\~*FILE NAME* If you want it to be...
  4. why there is a need to delete event logs?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why there is a need to delete event logs?: Hello, I wanted to know for what this code was written@echo off FOR /F "tokens=1,2*" %%V IN 'bcdedit' DO SET adminTest=%%V IF %adminTest%==Access goto noAdmin for /F "tokens=*" %%G in 'wevtutil.exe el' DO call :do_clear "%%G" echo. echo goto theEnd :do_clear echo clearing %1...
  5. why there is a need to delete event logs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why there is a need to delete event logs?: Hello, I wanted to know for what this code was written@echo off FOR /F "tokens=1,2*" %%V IN 'bcdedit' DO SET adminTest=%%V IF %adminTest%==Access goto noAdmin for /F "tokens=*" %%G in 'wevtutil.exe el' DO call :do_clear "%%G" echo. echo goto theEnd :do_clear echo clearing %1...
  6. why there is a need to delete event logs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. restore event viewer log files

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    restore event viewer log files: [img] I checked these 2 log files. A part of records were deleted by someone. How to do restore lost records? TerminalServices-LocalSessionManager (Operational File) TerminalServices-RemoteConnectionManager (Operation File) 171577
  8. Cant Delete event log file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant Delete event log file: Hi I've been trying to delete appsanywhere so that I can reinstall it however it won't give me the option to reinstall. I think that this is because there are still two files from the software on my PC. These files are "AppsAnywhereExternalUpdater.evtx"...
  9. Restoring Files that i accidentally deleted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Restoring Files that i accidentally deleted: Tonight, I received a message from Windows Defender Antivirus that there were threats on my laptop and i just pressed to go in action got it deleted. I want those files to be restored and I really need an answer because the files that were accidentally deleted are very...
  10. Is there any event logged when deleting restore points ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there any event logged when deleting restore points ?: Hi, I was wondering if there was an event ID linked to restore points being deleted. I would like to generate an alert if something or someone deleted those, which is why I need the correct event ID. Best regards, Kenza...