Windows 10: Restoring from backup not working?

Discus and support Restoring from backup not working? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to use this to restore my laptop to an older version, but whenever I right click and select "Restore Options" nothing happens. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sharpy_YT, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Sharpy_YT Win User

Restoring from backup not working?

Hi, I am trying to use this to restore my laptop to an older version, but whenever I right click and select "Restore Options" nothing happens. I have tried various ways to restore using this file but I just cannot find one or it doesn't work. Please help Restoring from backup not working? :)

:)

Sharpy_YT, Jul 29, 2018
  2. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Free hard drive backup/restore program?

Obviously you're looking for something besides your Xp Pro utility that does this?

thoughtdisorder, Jul 29, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    • Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    • Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    • click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Restoring from backup not working? [​IMG]
    • Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    • Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Restoring from backup not working? - Similar Threads - Restoring backup working

2. Restore From Windows Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore From Windows Backup: Greetings,A new app appeared on my programs list Recently Added section called Windows Backup.I have run a backup. Now, how do I restore a file from OneDrive?Also, I can't find any documentation for Windows Backup. If anyone knows of help articles, it would be...
  3. Restore From Windows Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore From Windows Backup: Greetings,A new app appeared on my programs list Recently Added section called Windows Backup.I have run a backup. Now, how do I restore a file from OneDrive?Also, I can't find any documentation for Windows Backup. If anyone knows of help articles, it would be...
  4. Restore Files from Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Files from Backup: Hi I have some files on an external HDD which I would like to check to see what they are so when I click on the HDD a box appears asking if I want to restore files from this backup, my question is where will these files go & how do I access them. Also below in the same box it...
  5. Restoring from a windows backup

Restoring from a windows backup: I have one question, I didn't make so many backups alongside the years so I don't know exactly how that backup works and I want to know if I make a full backup of drive C plus a windows image copy and reinstall windows and try to restore from that backup it will give me all...
  6. Restoring from a windows backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring from a windows backup: I have one question, I didn't make so many backups alongside the years so I don't know exactly how that backup works and I want to know if I make a full backup of drive C plus a windows image copy and reinstall windows and try to restore from that backup it will give me all...
  7. How to restore a backup from iTunes not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to restore a backup from iTunes not working: Hello, I recently got a new Iphone 11, before going to the apple store I backed up my Iphone 7plus to iTunes it's important to note that this version of iTunes was downloaded from the Microsoft store, not apple. I made sure that my computer, iTunes, and my 7plus were all up...
  8. Problem restoring from backup

Problem restoring from backup: In order to fix an issue with my windows update on windows 10 I was advised through my virtual agent to make a backup of my computer on an external hard drive and then reset my computer keeping nothing. I was able to successfully wipe my computer but I am now having trouble...
  9. Difficulty Restoring from Backup

Difficulty Restoring from Backup: Please be sympathetic with my lack of knowledge. But I will try my best to explain my issues. I have an old Lenovo Y580 laptop, which has been progressively slowing down each time a Windows update is issued. I know it is old, but I only do some basic computing (eg tax...
  10. Backup and Restore not working

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and Restore not working: I am using pre rtm build with all updates installed. I can't get backup and restore to complete a system image. It fails with message about failure in preparing the backup. Does it work for anyone? 9128