Windows 10: Restoring image of updated version of Windows 10 from older version

Discus and support Restoring image of updated version of Windows 10 from older version in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Microsoft Fall update messed up my Windows 10 by, in particular, creating a second user account. I went to Microsoft support for assistance. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Ron Barker27, May 28, 2018.

1. Restoring image of updated version of Windows 10 from older version

Microsoft Fall update messed up my Windows 10 by, in particular, creating a second user account. I went to Microsoft support for assistance. After going through 5 Microsoft 'technicians' I ended up with 10 user accounts! During the process one of the 'techs', after me stating several times NO ROLLBACKS/RESETS attempted to fix the problem by rolling back my Windows 10. I would like to use the Recovery Boot Menu to restore my computer to the state it was in just prior to when I contacted Microsoft Help Desk. I am concerned that because one of the agents rolled back my Windows 10 the PE extracted will not match. Is there anything that I can do? Many thanks.

:)

Ron Barker27, May 28, 2018

2. Windows 10 Version 1511 Update Failed

Well you might have to.

• The highest minds of the community do not recommend using Norton with Windows 10.Rather, Windows 10 comes with a built in Antivirus.

I suggest you to take an Image of your existing build 10240, update to 10586 using the Link I provided and if any condition arises, restore the image from the system Image backup.

I can provide you steps if you wish.

Sumit Dhiman2, May 29, 2018
  3. older versions Office

Pre-requisite Task

When making significant changes to your computer such as updating the operating system, you should always backup.
    See links to resources about backing up by clicking the link for the respective version of Windows you are running:

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7
    Windows 8/8.1

Which versions of Microsoft Office work on Windows 10?

The following versions of Microsoft Office with the latest Service Packs have been confirmed to be compatible with Windows 10:

• Office 2016 Preview
    • Office 2013/Office 365
    • Office 2010 with exception Office Starter 2010
    • Office 2007
    Older versions of Office such as Office 2000, Office 2003 and Office XP are not certified compatible with Windows 10 but might work using compatibility mode.

Resources: A
    look at running older versions of Microsoft Office on Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Restoring image of updated version of Windows 10 from older version

1. Restoring image of updated version of Windows 10 from older version - Similar Threads - Restoring image updated

2. Windows 10 older versions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 older versions: Hello!I would like to know if there is any official way to get any of the previous windows 10 versions from microsoft as I am very worried at the thought of downloading any disk images from 3rd party websites. My reasoning for this is because I have an older PC that is...
  3. Windows 10 older versions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 older versions: Hello!I would like to know if there is any official way to get any of the previous windows 10 versions from microsoft as I am very worried at the thought of downloading any disk images from 3rd party websites. My reasoning for this is because I have an older PC that is...
  4. Windows 10 older versions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 older version

Windows 10 older version: Hey! My laptop is working slowly when I updated it to latest version. Previously it was on 1709 version. I had directly updated it to latest 21H2 version. But since update my laptop has become slow. Actually my laptop has small specs, so that's why I want to downgrade it to...
  6. Windows 10 older version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 older version: Hey! My laptop is working slowly when I updated it to latest version. Previously it was on 1709 version. I had directly updated it to latest 21H2 version. But since update my laptop has become slow. Actually my laptop has small specs, so that's why I want to downgrade it to...
  7. Windows 10 older version

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Older Windows Version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Windows Version: If having older windows version, can I be able to update genshin or install genshin impact while becomes vulnerable to security risk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/older-windows-version/b4091c31-5366-4243-8aa6-53a5d776fe2b
  9. Older "version" of windows 10

Older "version" of windows 10: When I first upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 7 using Microsoft media creation tool, windows 10 that was installed was the newest versionwith microsoft edge, white search bar and cortana on the task bar and all. After sometime that version was corruptedlagging a lot...
  10. Restoring of older version of Windows 10

Restoring of older version of Windows 10: I have bought a laptop through online with activated Windows 10 and i have installed a new version of Windows 10. My older files are stored in Windows.old after installing. I need to go to older version. But , there is no rollback options showing in my pc. What i should...