Windows 10: Restoring location

Discus and support Restoring location in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How does one restore 'location ON' to user account, please? 49074 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Montague, May 2, 2016.

1. Montague Win User

Restoring location

How does one restore 'location ON' to user account, please?

:)

Montague, May 2, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Location of Restore Point?

Restore Points are stored inside a hidden folder called System Volume Information. Windows keeps track of your restore points - you cannot do this separately - and you don't delete them when you make a new one.

It seems you may be confusing a restore point with a backup. They are two different things. A backup is stored wherever you choose for it to be stored - the best place is anywhere that's not inside your computer - and you can manually delete them as you
    make new ones, although most people let their backup software do this automatically.

A restore point, by contrast, is a copy of certain key system files are registry keys at a point in time, that are chosen to give you back access to the UI as well as the basic functionality of Windows, in case you run into trouble. The original idea was
    that if you have the use of the Windows GUI, you can use Windows' own tools to (hopefully) work your way out of the problem.

Restore points can still be useful, but with the wider availability of image backups, it's usually easier to simply restore a known-good image rather than try to figure out what's wrong and fix it.

BulldogXX, May 2, 2016
  3. Restore point - Location

Thanks Martin V. That was the answer I was looking for ! Restoring location :)

todortsvetkov, May 2, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Restoring location

Not sure what you are asking, so I'll "assume" ..................

Left click at Start button > left side, settings > Privacy > left side, click Location > under Location, turn it to On.

Restoring location [​IMG]

davidhk, May 2, 2016
  5. Montague Win User
    Thank you, but clearly I didn't explain properly. The problem is 'some settings are managed by your organisation' at the top. Ergo, I can't hit 'change' cos it doesn't work. I guess that I set this when I set up Win 10. My laptop is ok.

Montague, May 2, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    OK. No guarantees. Try this................
    Back to Privacy page > scroll down to Feedback & diagnostics > under Diagnostic and usage data, click the pointer and select Enhanced or Full (Recommended).

Go back to Privacy > General page...................
    Does the red message " some settings are managed by your organisation " disappear ?
    If yes, can you make the change now ?

davidhk, May 2, 2016
  7. Montague Win User
    Thanks, David, that was about the only thing I hadn't tried. No Joy though, I'm afraid, and it was already on "Full (Recommended)".
    It's simply a niggle and not very important and only seems to matter when I try to switch on the BT Sport App cos that won't operate without location.
    Other Location stuff is ok because browser related mostly and that's ok.

Montague, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Restoring location

1. Restoring location - Similar Threads - Restoring location

2. I cant restore the Documents file to correct location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cant restore the Documents file to correct location: I have sent the documents file to my d hard drive thinking i would free up my storage but however i came back today and when i clicked on chrome it showed saying "it might have been removed, renamed or deleted Do you want to remove this file " and i want to restore it back...
  3. I cant restore the Documents file to correct location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant restore the Documents file to correct location: I have sent the documents file to my d hard drive thinking i would free up my storage but however i came back today and when i clicked on chrome it showed saying "it might have been removed, renamed or deleted Do you want to remove this file " and i want to restore it back...
  4. I cant restore the Documents file to correct location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I restore Default Gamebar Capture location?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I restore Default Gamebar Capture location?: I deleted the captures file where my screen recordings used to be stored. Now the recordings are being saved in C:\Users\sara3\AppData\Local\Temp along with other folders and random DAT files and text documents. It's very inconvenient. I tried to follow this method:Press...
  6. How do I restore Default Gamebar Capture location?

How do I restore Default Gamebar Capture location?: I deleted the captures file where my screen recordings used to be stored. Now the recordings are being saved in C:\Users\sara3\AppData\Local\Temp along with other folders and random DAT files and text documents. It's very inconvenient. I tried to follow this method:Press...
  7. I accidently shifted my download folder location to my D drive and now could not restore...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidently shifted my download folder location to my D drive and now could not restore...: I shifted my downloads by relocating it but accidentally shifted it to D drive. Now my D Drive folder and download folder are the same and when i click on properties it shows the properties of the D Drive folder and I cannot restore its location.Pls help,...
  8. I accidently shifted my download folder location to my D drive and now could not restore...

I accidently shifted my download folder location to my D drive and now could not restore...: I shifted my downloads by relocating it but accidentally shifted it to D drive. Now my D Drive folder and download folder are the same and when i click on properties it shows the properties of the D Drive folder and I cannot restore its location.Pls help,...
  9. Documents and Pictures location is in OneDrive folder and i cant restore them to default...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents and Pictures location is in OneDrive folder and i cant restore them to default...: I set up OneDrive because i thought it would be useful, discovered that it only has 5gb of Free Space, all of my folders and files in documents and pictures have a small icon beside them and the thumbnails arent loading, its annoying and i dont like it so i unlink OneDrive...
  10. Documents and Pictures location is in OneDrive folder and i cant restore them to default...

Documents and Pictures location is in OneDrive folder and i cant restore them to default...: I set up OneDrive because i thought it would be useful, discovered that it only has 5gb of Free Space, all of my folders and files in documents and pictures have a small icon beside them and the thumbnails arent loading, its annoying and i dont like it so i unlink OneDrive...