Windows 10: Restoring Old Back to a new Laptop!

Discus and support Restoring Old Back to a new Laptop! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey! My laptop was recently stolen and I've since purchased a new one. My laptop automatically backed up a few days before hand, and I am wondering If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DanielleDeMerchant, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Restoring Old Back to a new Laptop!

Hey! My laptop was recently stolen and I've since purchased a new one. My laptop automatically backed up a few days before hand, and I am wondering If there is any way to locate that back up and restore on my new pc. I have no idea where it backed up to, one drive maybe? I don't really know. I can still log in to my Microsoft account and see it on there, but I'm thinking the culprit must have wiped it before connecting it online because it hasn't been online since. Any help would be great! thanks Restoring Old Back to a new Laptop! :)

:)

DanielleDeMerchant, Jul 16, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    • Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    • Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    • click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Restoring Old Back to a new Laptop! [​IMG]
    • Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    • Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    can't restore files to a new laptop using file history.

Hi John,

The path of the drive may differ from the new laptop to the old laptop. It depends on where you plugged in the external hard drive. At this point, we'd like to ask the following to assist you better:

• Was the hard drive before a storage drive only or a main hard drive of a computer?
    • What type of files were you trying to restore?
    • Can you please send screenshots of how you restore your files? Blur any personal information for your security.
    • To avoid repetition, can you provide us with all the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?

Erika Aro, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Restoring Old Back to a new Laptop!

What to do with old laptop

If you actually read the thread it is a spare old laptop.

Nordic, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

Restoring Old Back to a new Laptop!

1. Restoring Old Back to a new Laptop! - Similar Threads - Restoring Old Laptop

2. Restoring Documents from Old Computer's Back-Up Drive to New Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring Documents from Old Computer's Back-Up Drive to New Computer: My Old Windows 10 computer died. Fortunately, I had been using File History to back-up the Documents, Pictures, and Videos onto an external hard drive.I bought a new Windows 11 computer and wanted to restore my Documents, Pictures, and Videos. When I turned on File History on...
  3. Restoring Documents from Old Computer's Back-Up Drive to New Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring Documents from Old Computer's Back-Up Drive to New Computer: My Old Windows 10 computer died. Fortunately, I had been using File History to back-up the Documents, Pictures, and Videos onto an external hard drive.I bought a new Windows 11 computer and wanted to restore my Documents, Pictures, and Videos. When I turned on File History on...
  4. creating new restore point after restoring from old restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    creating new restore point after restoring from old restore point: I recently had to restore my computer from a previous restore point. That went well but i have attempted to create a new restore point and i get the following message. 0x800423f4 the writer experienced a non-transient error. I looked for some help but not sure about answer....
  5. creating new restore point after restoring from old restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    creating new restore point after restoring from old restore point: I recently had to restore my computer from a previous restore point. That went well but i have attempted to create a new restore point and i get the following message. 0x800423f4 the writer experienced a non-transient error. I looked for some help but not sure about answer....
  6. Restoring back the sound of my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restoring back the sound of my laptop: hey, how do i fix the sound of my laptop which goes off just like that, i tried troubleshooting still yet to rectify the problem. i'm using windows 11 pro. Thank you....
  7. The old laptop I took back .

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The old laptop I took back .: I cannot get an old laptop off my devices I took it back and do not own it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-old-laptop-i-took-back/f5e0fe96-67c5-401c-9996-d2ff23b873c9
  8. Back up and restore to a new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back up and restore to a new computer: Good afternoon, I just purchased a new computer and would like to back up my present one and transfer it all to the new computer -- transferring as much as I can, such as all files and folders, apps and programs if possible etc. Can I use the back up (backing up on an...
  9. Unable to Restore New Laptop from Backup of Old Laptop

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable to Restore New Laptop from Backup of Old Laptop: I was having keyboard problems with my Lenovo Flex 5. It was still under warranty so I sent the laptop back to Lenovo at their request. Before I sent it to them I ran a backup to an external hard drive. The files are located in a file labeled "File History". They sent me a...
  10. Clone old laptop to new Laptop?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clone old laptop to new Laptop?: Question: Could I with Data Migration clone my old laptop (win 10 installed & updated), and install it in a new laptop I am thinking of buying? As always your thoughts most appreciated. 54283

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i backup files on old computer to restore on new windows 10 computer