Windows 10: Restoring old version of windows during Creator Windows Update

Discus and support Restoring old version of windows during Creator Windows Update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi At the end of the maj windows restore at the previous version (with the media creation tool) : so i run a sfc /scannow --> "Windows Resource... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by vic60400, Aug 7, 2017.

1. vic60400 Win User

Restoring old version of windows during Creator Windows Update

Hi

At the end of the maj windows restore at the previous version (with the media creation tool) :

so i run a sfc /scannow --> "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service"
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth , "Error : 0x80004002"
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /Checkhealth , "irreparable"
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth, "Error 0x80004002 "

My service

:)

vic60400, Aug 7, 2017

2. Windows 10 update from build 1607 to 1709 stuck at 81%

Did you ever find a solution? I have a Gateway All-In-One ZX4971G that won't install the Fall Creators update. During the install the screen goes black and the computer locks up. Forcing a restart the update resumes at 75%, at 81% the spinning dots
    stop and the computer freezes. Forcing it off again and Windows restores the previous version of Windows. Tried formatting the drive and installing Fall Creators update to a clean drive but the same happens except for the restoring previous version of Windows
    because there isn't one. I can't even stop Windows update from trying to install the Fall Creators update.

RoaringMouse, Aug 7, 2017
  3. How can I scrub my Windows 10 hard drive of all my personal information and keep Windows 10?

I need to retain Windows 10 and not have to reinstall. During the last cumulative update, I removed all old versions of Windows 10, so I have nothing to restore.

Robert J.Souders, Aug 7, 2017
  4. Restoring old version of windows during Creator Windows Update

Hi vic60400

I read your problem. Hope you don't mind me placing in my words.

It sounds like you were doing the Creator update which you started from media that you created using the media creation tool. You typed "Setup" and the process kicked off.

Near the end of the update process something failed and the system returned to the previous version, likely 1607.

The restoration process finished and you ran sfc /scannow which gave error you quoted. DISM cannot perform repair.

Is this correct?

Do you have media from for the version you are currently on allowing you to use it as Source? Item 6 in this tutorial.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Strongly recommend going forward you investigate and use a tool like Macrium Reflect. Free, reliable, member approved and a quick way out of a mess.

I did not follow link, please follow this tutorial to post files and images on the site.

How to Upload and Post Screenshots and Files at Ten Forums

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 7, 2017
  5. vic60400 Win User
    Yeah it's correct.

Error 0x80004002 for DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command

vic60400, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Restoring old version of windows during Creator Windows Update

1. Restoring old version of windows during Creator Windows Update - Similar Threads - Restoring old version

2. Windows Fall Creators Update - (Version 1809?)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Fall Creators Update - (Version 1809?): Can any of you kind folks PLEASE tell me whether the latest update has been re-released, or not? When I run "Windows 10 Update Assistant" or manually search for updates in Settings, I get a message "Thank you for updating to the latest version of Windows 10" or "Your device...
  3. Win10 forces update but on restart restores old version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 forces update but on restart restores old version: Bought a brand new ASUS ROG Strix GL502VS-DB71. It downloads updates, installs them then tries to reboot. During reboot it gets stuck on the loading screen. I've plugged in my laptop and left it all night but it never gets into windows just stays frozen, so I manually turn it...
  4. Windows 10 Creator Update freezes during installation

Windows 10 Creator Update freezes during installation: It all began with the Fall Creator Update after a clean Reinstall of Windows 10. Downloading works fine, but when I'm going to restart Windows to update, it works until 33%, then it crashes, after cold restart it continues until 54% and after another restart it continues...
  5. Restore quarantined file, Windows Defender, Creators Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Restore quarantined file, Windows Defender, Creators Update: I can't find the Windows Defender quarantine anymore in Creators Update. 83332
  6. Stuck during installation of Creators Update

Stuck during installation of Creators Update: My computer wanted to install the Creators Update so I started the process. It started updating but the computer got stuck. The screen is now mainly black with one stationary white dot at the bottom. I think it's one of the spinning dots but the computer got stuck before the...
  7. Windows media creator for fall creators update...? Which version?

Windows media creator for fall creators update...? Which version?: Which version do I suppose to get? Right now it's like this: [img] Is it already the good version? Or do I have to wait a day longer (impatient me haha!) And how do I know it's updating to the last version. Oops, so many questions at once, sorry you guys! *Redface...
  8. Windows 10 Creator's update Narrator App Switch to Old version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Creator's update Narrator App Switch to Old version: I had to give up my favorite version of the narrator app. I want to find a way to get that version back without reverting to windows 10 home. I currently had upgraded it to the newest windows 10 creator's update. I have a dell touch screen laptop. 105873
  9. Fall Creators Update v. 1709 Keeps Restoring to Previous Version

Fall Creators Update v. 1709 Keeps Restoring to Previous Version: Hi, I've never had a problem updating my Win 10 Pro up til now. But for some reason, I am unable to go from current version 1703 to latest version 1709. I'm using the Windows 10 Update Assistant - which downloads the files and runs the installation. The computer then signs...
  10. Windows 10 failed to upgrade and not restoring old version

Windows 10 failed to upgrade and not restoring old version: So my computer tried to install new upgrade of Win10 but failed with missing file error. Now it tries to restore the old version but it doesn't. It always says "Restorin your previous version of Windows" and after couple of minutes restarts and thr same message again... Dit...