Windows 10: Restoring point will it work for Program any more

Discus and support Restoring point will it work for Program any more in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I need to set up a laptop to recover installed programs I have put on a laptop and subsequently uninstalled by my son, the same goes for settings. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by billz, Jun 19, 2018.

1. billz Win User

Restoring point will it work for Program any more

I need to set up a laptop to recover installed programs I have put on a laptop and subsequently uninstalled by my son, the same goes for settings.
    I cannot stop my handicapped son age 35 exploring His ACER laptop, until I am presented with it not working, then I have to find out what has gone wrong and why.

It would be useful to deny Windows Updates and other Pop Ups seeking instructions,
    Until I needed to install them. He uses "You tube" and "Google" and makes lists.

Currently there is no Administrator. This will have to be me.

I need to be directed, to Ten Forums previous help - I would really like to be able to sign in as administrator and simply restore any problem to the previous restored position.

:)

billz, Jun 19, 2018
  2. BJM
    bjm Win User

System restore point automatic create not working....need help.

Were you seeing CAPI2 errors with Macrium & System Restore.

And after enabling system protection.
    1) Does System Protection automatically create and populate checkpoints to list.
    Does System Protection create restore points when called by a program and populate checkpoints to list.

2) I'd like to confirm whether my issue is unique to me or common.
    My issue is that I can manually create restore points okay and those manual created will populate to my list.
    Automatic restore points do not populate to my list. Albeit, Task Scheduler shows Last Run time change.
    Automatic restore points do not populate to my list e.g., with Windows Updates.
    When create restore point is called by a program. I see activity that suggest restore point is being created ...but, again the activity does not translate to an entry in my list.

Restoring point will it work for Program any more [​IMG]

3. BJM
    bjm Win User
    System restore point automatic create not working....need help.

Update: Event Viewer seems to suggest >

Successfully created restore point (Process = C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe; Description = O&O ShutUp10).
    Successfully created restore point (Process = C:\Program Files\HitmanPro\HitmanPro.exe Files\HitmanPro\HitmanPro.exe" ; Description = Checkpoint by HitmanPro).

Successfully created (if true) is not populating to Restore your computer to the state... list.

I'm also seeing Error VSS & Error CAP12

Most of Event Viewer is over-my-pay-grade.

4. Brink Win User

Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10  

Hello ma3ino, *Smile

Please double check using the screenshots under step 11 to verify if the restore point is listed there.

Brink, Jun 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Restoring point will it work for Program any more - Similar Threads - Restoring point Program

2. Restore Point

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Point: hello everyone, I created a restore point before installing some display driver and now i think i need to go to old drivers.... i wanted to know if i used that restore point will i lose any packages that i installed after that restore point like opencv ,kera etc submitted by...
  3. Restore Point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Point: Hi, I have win 10 pro installed and want to make a restore point but when I try to acess the app it says something like "windows cannot access the device, path of specific file. The user may not have the necessary permissions to access that item". Sorry, but I have the...
  4. Restore down command does not work for any program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore down command does not work for any program: I tried updating all drivers but restore down will not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-down-command-does-not-work-for-any-program/784e78d3-5e6e-44cc-b986-3b2844a8e188
  5. Cannot create a restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a restore point: I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but when I go to create a restore point I get a message: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The writer experienced a transient error. If the backup process is retired, the error might not reoccur. Please try...
  6. Restoring point will it work for Programs.

in Windows 10 Support
    Restoring point will it work for Programs.: I need to set up a laptop to recover installed programs I have put on a laptop and subsequently uninstalled by my son, the same goes for settings. I cannot stop my handicapped son age 35 exploring His ACER laptop, until I am presented with it not working, then I have to find...
  7. Restore Point - how to make a bootable DVD from working restore point?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Restore Point - how to make a bootable DVD from working restore point?: Windows 10 automatics updates did not end up looping until 17 January 2017 and system restore point were made regularly also taking backup from those parts of system Windows10 does not save to restore points because they are not MS products but from other vendors such as...
  8. More Restore Points please

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    More Restore Points please: A couple of months ago I increased the amount of memory available for Restore Points but now see that Current Usage is 222 MB and the Max Usage is at the default of 1% (18 GB) which seems ample for more Points to be stored. In System Properties > System Protection ,...
  9. Never any System Restore Points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Never any System Restore Points: Whenever I check there are NEVER any system restore points. I seem to have had this for years and years over many variants of windows. From what I read Windows should regularly save some. Of course when I desperately need one when I have a problem there is rarely one there....
  10. Never More Than 3 System Restore Points

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Never More Than 3 System Restore Points: Using Win 10 Pro AU 64bit. It seems to me that since installing Win 10 Pro on this system I never have more than 3 System Restore Points. I have over 700GB of free space on the system disk. System restore is set to use up to about 100GB. System Restore claims it is currently...