Windows 10: Restoring previous version of Windows loop

Discus and support Restoring previous version of Windows loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After an update, my laptop restarted and got stuck on a loop trying to restore tge previous version of windows. I have already made extensive research... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alexandrevan der Struijk, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Restoring previous version of Windows loop

After an update, my laptop restarted and got stuck on a loop trying to restore tge previous version of windows. I have already made extensive research and all methods failed to fix my issue. I cannot access my desktop or sign in screen. I cannot access safe mode, as it just sends me back to the Recovery Environment page. I have tried using the Command Prompt, I have tried to restore the system, and I have also tried tthe Startup repair.Literally nothing works. As a final attempt, I decided to get a bootable usb stick with windows 10 in it and start a custom installation, as it is essential that i do not lose the data I have in my laptop. Even that failed, and i got the following message and error:

"The operating system couldnt be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors."

File: \Windows\System32\drivers\atapi.sys

Error code: 0xc0000185

:)

Alexandrevan der Struijk, Jul 24, 2018

2. Windows stuck on previous restoring loop

Hi Mandy,

When an update to a newer version of Windows 10 is not successfully installed the device will automatically rollback to the previous version. If the device is stuck in a loop of restoring the previous version of Windows, this could be caused by system files
    that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any other changes made prior to the issue occurring?
    • Were there any error messages that showed up when you saw the restore loop?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you completed?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Oct 13, 2018
  3. jag53 Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade looping with restoring to previous windows version

I have attempted to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1. It's looping with "restoring your previous version of Windows..." I had to put an external drive attached due to limited space on the internal hd when doing the upgrade. Any suggestions to
    get out of this loop?

jag53, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Restoring previous version of Windows loop

Windows is stuck at restoring previous version loop

Hi Milan,

Based on the details that you have shared, the restore to previous version loop may be due to corrupted boot file or operating system files. In order for us to provide the proper solution to your concern, we would like to request for additional details.

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you running?
    • Have you made any recent changes or installed updates prior to the issue?
    • Are you also getting an error code?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Restoring previous version of Windows loop

1. Restoring previous version of Windows loop - Similar Threads - Restoring previous version

2. restoring previous windows versions blue screen loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restoring previous windows versions blue screen loop: I had accidentally upgraded to windows 11, so I looked up a way to go back to windows 10 and now it is restoring my pervasive version of windows but it blue screens every time. how do I fix this?...
  3. Windows boot loop "Restoring previous version of Windows"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows boot loop "Restoring previous version of Windows": since my game was freezing in windows 11 i was going back to windows 10. and now its stuck in a boot loop"Restoring previous version of Windows" and after some time a blue screen error and its the same thing again "Restoring your previous version of WIndows ".In the blue...
  4. Windows boot loop "Restoring previous version of Windows"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows boot loop "Restoring previous version of Windows": since my game was freezing in windows 11 i was going back to windows 10. and now its stuck in a boot loop"Restoring previous version of Windows" and after some time a blue screen error and its the same thing again "Restoring your previous version of WIndows ".In the blue...
  5. Restoring your previous version of Windows loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring your previous version of Windows loop: Hi Microsoft, I have been facing a problem, which is "restoring your previous version of windows " loop.I am very frustrated with this problem . I can't access my laptop for several days with this I can't do my work.I have tried many things from YouTube but didn't work and I...
  6. Restoring your previous version of Windows loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restoring your previous version of Windows loop: Hi Microsoft, I have been facing a problem, which is "restoring your previous version of windows " loop.I am very frustrated with this problem . I can't access my laptop for several days with this I can't do my work.I have tried many things from YouTube but didn't work and I...
  7. Restoring your previous version of Windows loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Restoring your previous version of windows restart loop.

Restoring your previous version of windows restart loop.: I decided to switch back to windows 10 from 11, and when I did, it restarted my computer, and says restoring your previous version of windows. it then restarts again, says the same thing, rinse and repeat for over an hour now. There is no way to access settings or anything to...
  9. "Restoring your previous version of Windows" loop

"Restoring your previous version of Windows" loop: To start things off, I do believe that this was my fault. I didn't want wait for my computer to update when I restarted my computer so I held the power button and when I tried to get back in, the loop began. So my boot process will start off with my ASUS splash screen...
  10. "Restoring your previous version of Windows"loop.

"Restoring your previous version of Windows"loop.: Got force updated to the next windows and now whenever I try to start my computer it says "Restoring your previous version of Windows" and I'm stuck in a loop. I don't understand why we HAVE to update. I have to work on this computer and now I cant. Please help....