Windows 10: Restoring System Image with Macirum Issue

Discus and support Restoring System Image with Macirum Issue in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi All Lately been having minor system issues, know if I do restore my image, it's basically doing a clean install correct? only problem last time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by AMDMan2016, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Restoring System Image with Macirum Issue

Hi All

Lately been having minor system issues, know if I do restore my image, it's basically doing a clean install correct? only problem last time I restored the image, desktop wouldn't activate, as it somehow pickup my Windows 8.1 key in bios, and therefore setup Windows 10 Home, and Not Pro Version I bought from Microsoft store. So I ended up having to do a clean install anyways then.

So whats the point of doing an Image, if I have to do a clean install anyhow to get it to activate? unless I did something wrong, but I don't think I did, then was first time I restored an image ever, so not sure.

:)

AMDMan2016, Aug 7, 2017

2. Issues with restoring from system image.

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if operating system needs to be repaired.

In order to help you better, please provide the information:

When you say that "Drive fixed", have you changed the hard drive?

Refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform startup repair of the Computer.

First, i would suggest you to download the ISO file of Windows 10 from below Microsoft Help Article and create a Media Installation Disk.

Then try to perform the below methods and check if it helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/home

Boot the Computer with the Windows Installation Media:

1. Start (or boot) your computer from the installation media. Insert the DVD or USB flash drive and restart your computer.

2. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so.

3. When you see the Install Windows page, tap or click on Repair your computer
    to start the Windows Recovery Mode.

4. In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click on
    Troubleshoot.

5. Click on Advanced Options.

6. Then on click on Startup Repair.

Step 2: Then try to restore with System image disk on Windows 10.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 7, 2017
  3. Issues with restoring from system image.

Original Title: tzd

I created a Windows 10 system image and a repair disk. Hard drive failed. Drive fixed but I cannot restore from the system image.

When I boot from the repair disc is says not a proper disc. Any help will be appreciated.

Thomas Donovan, Aug 7, 2017
  4. sml156 Win User

Restoring System Image with Macirum Issue

When you restore the image using Macrium it will still be registered.

You are trying to restore a Windows 10 image that you created and not an old Windows 8 images.

sml156, Aug 7, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    A restored image puts pc back to exact state it was at point of making image.

It cannot change versions etc.

If it was activated as Pro, it will remain activated as Pro.

You have done something wrong.

cereberus, Aug 7, 2017
  6. Yeah I was afraid I did something wrong, and not sure how I did something wrong lol, Used the Rescue Disc, selected Restore the WIndows 10 Image I made, (unless at the time I made it wasn't on Windows 10 Pro, and I didn't notice it then lol. My options for fixing the minor issues are just either restoring Image again now, or just waiting for Fall Creators update, and doing clean install then.

Issue #1 Movies & Tv app won't play any videos, displays black screen, despite a clean install of video drivers with display driver uninstaller

sfc /scannow no errors found
    dism same

so if I just wait til Fall Creators update won't really matter

I've been switching between Avast Free Antivirus and Defender for last 2 months, trying to decide which to use, I know not a good thing at all

AMDMan2016, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Restoring System Image with Macirum Issue

1. Restoring System Image with Macirum Issue - Similar Threads - Restoring System Image

2. System Image Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Image Restore: I am trying to restore a System Image created two weeks ago on an external hdd and everything seems to go well until it begins the restore process at which point I get an error stating the operating systems are different BIOS vs EFI. How do I correct this so that I can use...
  3. Restoring System Image When System Image Restore Fails?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring System Image When System Image Restore Fails?: Hi guys, Bear with me on this little odyssey. It's a bit of a ramble, and more just me moaning than asking an actual question, but if anyone can help me figure out where I was going wrong I can sleep a bit easier. I was working on a project to deploy a custom Windows image...
  4. System restore and system image

System restore and system image: So I regularly create backups on my computer using the windows 7 restore tool from the control panel. There comes an option for creating the system image for drive C which is an SSD. I have heard that if the windows goes corrupt or is accidentally reset I can restore the...
  5. System image restore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System image restore?: Hi everyone, I hope you'll be able to help me. I have a win 10 PC and a NAS, and I've made backups of it, both in the "file history backup" and with "advanced backup from win 7". I wasn't quite sure which one was the best, so I just did both. My pc went in for repairs...
  6. restoring a system image

restoring a system image: how do i restore a system image in windows 10 which is from a previous release of windows 10 using the system repair disc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-a-system-image/89bdc83a-e7f5-4964-be07-26faba859f22
  7. System Restore image ?????

System Restore image ?????: I have just installed windows 10 home instead of the pro version which I installed by mistake then I restored my system image and everything was perfect as before !...….however on closer inspection I discovered windows 10 pro had be installed again !!!!! arrrrrrrrgh...
  8. System Image restore issue.

System Image restore issue.: Upon getting my computer back from repair, I tried to restore my system image. The ssd and HDD are still the same. But when I run the system image, I get a "inaccessible boot device" Stop code. I've discovered that the problem is, the system image is restoring the SSD...
  9. System Image not Restoring.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image not Restoring.: Hi guys, so i reset my Toshiba laptop to its original factory settings and it came with windows 10 home. Then i had to clean install the windows on my laptop again because i was having some trouble with the touchpad drivers, so i wiped C. drive fully and installed window 10...
  10. system restore and imaging.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    system restore and imaging.: Hello I have a one T external drive I image to and it recently showed that 2 - 23 or 30 GB images were filling the drive. A friend, using Treesize, explained that this is due to the restore points taking up space. I changed the scale from 2% to 1 and then created one point....