Windows 10: Restoring W7 backups

Discus and support Restoring W7 backups in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Everyone. Just prior to upgrading my W7 Home 32 bit OS to W10, I had to reinstall W7 to another HDD due to the original disc malfunctioning but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bernie, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Bernie Win User

Restoring W7 backups

Hi Everyone.

Just prior to upgrading my W7 Home 32 bit OS to W10, I had to reinstall W7 to another HDD due to the original disc malfunctioning but without thinking, I then upgraded the newly installed W7 to W10 before restoring my backup. My question is:- Can I now restore my backedup files to W10 via Easus To Do Backup?

Thank you.

:)

Bernie, Jul 2, 2016
  2. Vagulus Win User

W7 version of Backup and Restore is running on my machine after upgrading to W10 and stalls completely ,while backup is in process

Original title: Does Backup and Restore (W7 on a W10 machine) lock the hard drive?

The W7 version of Backup and Restore is still running on my machine after upgrading to W10. I notice that the machine stalls almost completely - it's hard to get anything done - while backup is in process.

Is that normal or do I have some weird setting?

Thanks

Vagulus, Jul 2, 2016
  3. FordLadd Win User
    Please confirm whether W10 keeps W7 Backup and Restore feature. This is critical. Thank you.

I am afraid we may not be talking about the same thing.

It is all my data files that I need to preserve in Windows 7 Backup and Restore, not the system configuration.

File History does not allow a computer to restore files from another computer's File History without altering the backup file. Windows 7 Backup and Restore does allow a computer to restore data files form another computer's backup files without changing
    the backup file. This is mission critical to me. It is why I am reinstalling W7 into my primary laptops.

I had that feature with W10 initially, but it stopped working.

I need to know if W10 disables W7 Backup and Restore.

FordLadd, Jul 2, 2016
Thema:

Restoring W7 backups

1. Restoring W7 backups - Similar Threads - Restoring backups

2. How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?: I have taken a system image backup from my windows 11 laptop. Now I am trying to restore it but getting the prompt to create repair disc. How can I restore without creating the disc? Image has been attached for reference....
  3. How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore windows 11 from system image backup without creating repair disc?: I have taken a system image backup from my windows 11 laptop. Now I am trying to restore it but getting the prompt to create repair disc. How can I restore without creating the disc? Image has been attached for reference....
  4. Why is Backup and Restore Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Backup and Restore Windows 7?: This is something that's been bothering me for a while. I've noticed that in the Control Panel the option to back up and restore is Windows 7. It doesn't matter if you're running Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or Windows 11 the option is seemingly always for Windows 7. I...
  5. Why is Backup and Restore Windows 7?

Why is Backup and Restore Windows 7?: This is something that's been bothering me for a while. I've noticed that in the Control Panel the option to back up and restore is Windows 7. It doesn't matter if you're running Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or Windows 11 the option is seemingly always for Windows 7. I...
  6. Does 'Restore & Backup Windows 7' Feature Require the External Backup to be Double the Main...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does 'Restore & Backup Windows 7' Feature Require the External Backup to be Double the Main...: Hello Windows and Microsoft friends.My Windows 11 Pro 23H2 build internal drive's capacity is 500GB but only about 260GB's filled up. The USB external drive is 500GB and is set to do the backup up, using the 'Backup and Restore Windows 7' feature, once a week. Whenever I...
  7. Does 'Restore & Backup Windows 7' Feature Require the External Backup to be Double the Main...

Does 'Restore & Backup Windows 7' Feature Require the External Backup to be Double the Main...: Hello Windows and Microsoft friends.My Windows 11 Pro 23H2 build internal drive's capacity is 500GB but only about 260GB's filled up. The USB external drive is 500GB and is set to do the backup up, using the 'Backup and Restore Windows 7' feature, once a week. Whenever I...
  8. I ran a Backup & Restore on my Windows 10. Now it became Windows 8.1 and I cannot login...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I ran a Backup & Restore on my Windows 10. Now it became Windows 8.1 and I cannot login...: I was running a quick scan and all of a sudden backup and restore started running. After the cycle completed, the Windows reverted back to Windows 8.1. Then it forced me to create a local account. I tried to login using my old microsoft account that had been working. I got...
  9. I ran a Backup & Restore on my Windows 10. Now it became Windows 8.1 and I cannot login...

I ran a Backup & Restore on my Windows 10. Now it became Windows 8.1 and I cannot login...: I was running a quick scan and all of a sudden backup and restore started running. After the cycle completed, the Windows reverted back to Windows 8.1. Then it forced me to create a local account. I tried to login using my old microsoft account that had been working. I got...
  10. If I Uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, Would That Make It the Same as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I Uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, Would That Make It the Same as...: Hi Microsoft friends. I have a 500GB internal drive with Windows 11 installed and 500GB USB external backup drive. If I uncheck 'Create an Image' in the Backup & Restore Tool, would that make it the same as File History both restore the program, you have to reininstall them...