Windows 10: Restoring Window Defender

Discus and support Restoring Window Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had two antivirus on my laptop Norton and Avast Free Antivirus version 17.1.2286. I was able to remove Norton but not the Avast which is not working.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KathyCash1, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Restoring Window Defender

I had two antivirus on my laptop Norton and Avast Free Antivirus version 17.1.2286. I was able to remove Norton but not the Avast which is not working. I went to programs to uninstall the Avast program but it is not on my list to uninstall the program. I was able to finally go in to Services on my laptop to enable Window Defender but was informed that the following was missing from my programs:

Window Defender Network Inspection System Drive and Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

How can reinstall the above to my laptop so I can activate Windows Defender. I am running Windows 8.1.

:)

KathyCash1, Jul 28, 2018

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Jul 28, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    • Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    • Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    • click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Restoring Window Defender [​IMG]
    • Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    • Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jul 28, 2018
  4. Restoring Window Defender

How can I get my files restored from Windows Defender quarantine?

No, you defend them. Restoring Window Defender :p They're not for Windows 10 and don't address my question.

As I said, I've already clicked Restore and it doesn't restore them. I have also already added them to the Allowed list.

wearenotamused, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

Restoring Window Defender

1. Restoring Window Defender - Similar Threads - Restoring Window Defender

2. Windows Defender preventing restart and restore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender preventing restart and restore.: Defender is preventing my computer from restarting amd restoring. I had a virus message a few months ago that prevented the computer from restarting. I went to safe mode and turned Defender off. Windows restarted. Last month it happened again because Defender was turned on. I...
  3. Restoring Windows Defender Firewall to default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring Windows Defender Firewall to default: I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy Book 2 Pro 360. I was online looking for tips and tricks online. A lot of them recommended getting rid of McAfee Security because of the bloatware, as well as, the nagging pop ups every time you looked around. I followed there directions and...
  4. Windows Defender - Restoring file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender - Restoring file: Hello, I am on Windows 11. Microsoft Defender is my AV.I also use Malwarebytes / Windows malware removal tool MRT.Recently, Defender flagged a file as containing trojan and quarantined it.Defender is not allowing me to open the "infected" subfolder inside.What exactly happens...
  5. Windows Defender: Threat Removed or Restored

Windows Defender: Threat Removed or Restored: About a week or two ago, Windows Defender detected a virus called "Trojan:Win32/Woreflint.A!cl" Details: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker. The virus I'm pretty sure was quarantined but I got a notification of some sort of Windows Defender...
  6. Windows Defender and Backup and Restore interaction

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Defender and Backup and Restore interaction: I went to do a Backup and Restore on a Windows 10 computer, only to have the backup fail with a report of malware being found. But wait!! Windows Defender is running, how does that happen? Discocvered that Defender didn't deal with a number issues, etx. But I'm...
  7. Windows Defender after restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Defender after restore: Ever since a restore on windows 10 my Windows Defender is not working. Windows is asking me to turn on virus protection. When I go to Windows security , device security I have a notice that reads: Standard hardware security not provided. Your device does not meet...
  8. Windows defender threat restored or removed

Windows defender threat restored or removed: so i accidentaly restored and now im worried will the file infect my pc please respond https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-threat-restored-or-removed/a7a6918a-ff73-4426-babe-a02f3a0af00b
  9. How to Restore Windows Defender

How to Restore Windows Defender: I've lost quiken date; spent two hours trying to fix it; they say it's an issue with Defender. How do I restore Defender to factory settings - had no problems until I started to improve my security settings. [Original Title: qUIKEN]...
  10. Restore Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Windows Defender: Few months ago my friend showed me this this guide to remove unnecessary app from windows 10. He being the person that knows more about pc so I blindly follow him cuz muh "privacy". But now he got some ransomware virus that infected his pc and im scared. Is there anything I...