Windows 10: Restoring Windows 10 from "WindowsBackupImage"

Discus and support Restoring Windows 10 from "WindowsBackupImage" in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, I'm unfamiliar with Windows 10 and also with restoring, so I'll rather ask first before I'll make something wrong *Smile Back story: I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Minjan, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Minjan Win User

Restoring Windows 10 from "WindowsBackupImage"

Hi,

I'm unfamiliar with Windows 10 and also with restoring, so I'll rather ask first before I'll make something wrong *Smile

Back story:
    I have lap, where Win 10 OEM was installed. I wanted to put Win 7 instead, but the manufacturer "betrayed me".
    Before I wiped the disk with W10, I made a backup of whole system (about 30GB of data)
    You can see it here:

Restoring Windows 10 from "WindowsBackupImage" [​IMG]

Restoring Windows 10 from "WindowsBackupImage" [​IMG]

Note that the backup files were stored through network to another PC.

Now,
    how should I restore the system? I can access to UEFI boot/restore and other options, but Im not sure how to launch restoring process.

Thank you for any relevant hints or help *Smile

:)

Minjan, Jul 28, 2016
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Jul 28, 2016
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Restoring Windows 10 from "WindowsBackupImage" :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Restoring Windows 10 from "WindowsBackupImage" :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Restoring Windows 10 from "WindowsBackupImage" :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Restoring Windows 10 from "WindowsBackupImage" :)

musum, Jul 28, 2016
  4. Stevekir Win User

Have a look here:

How to create an image backup in Windows 10 and restore it, if need be | PCWorld

There are several choices which you need to make, such as where to save the backup (it will be in a file "windowsimagebackup"which will be at the root of a disc, and you will need to specify that disc when setting up the backup routine. That file (on my machine at least) has a file size of 260 GB.

I suggest you read several help files on the Internet (reputable sites like PC World or CNet or Microsoft).

EDIT: I am fairly sure that the backup routine includes your programs as well as the system.

Stevekir, Jul 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Restoring Windows 10 from "WindowsBackupImage" - Similar Threads - Restoring WindowsBackupImage

2. Why I cannot reinstall google chrome after doing the system restore? please enlighten me of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why I cannot reinstall google chrome after doing the system restore? please enlighten me of...: I already tried installing google chrome too many times and watched videos on how to install too many times. i read the instructions and the same thing doesnt happen to me....
  3. Why I cannot reinstall google chrome after doing the system restore? please enlighten me of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why I cannot reinstall google chrome after doing the system restore? please enlighten me of...: I already tried installing google chrome too many times and watched videos on how to install too many times. i read the instructions and the same thing doesnt happen to me....
  4. How to backup and restore the Windows 11 registry?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to backup and restore the Windows 11 registry?: I'm new to Windows 11 I'm running 23H2, 22631.3447. I would like to install a piece of software namely, Winaero Tweaker that will likely make changes to the Windows 11 registry. I would like to backup the registry in case problems arise. How do I perform a one-time backup of...
  5. How to backup and restore the Windows 11 registry?

How to backup and restore the Windows 11 registry?: I'm new to Windows 11 I'm running 23H2, 22631.3447. I would like to install a piece of software namely, Winaero Tweaker that will likely make changes to the Windows 11 registry. I would like to backup the registry in case problems arise. How do I perform a one-time backup of...
  6. Google Chrome won't install after system restore .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome won't install after system restore .: Hello. I have Windows 10 and my default browser was Google Chrome. There was some issue with my computer so i did a system restore. After system restore, clicking Google Chrome icon fails to open chrome. Now, i'm trying to re-install Chrome using first Edge and then Firefox...
  7. Google Chrome won't install after system restore .

Google Chrome won't install after system restore .: Hello. I have Windows 10 and my default browser was Google Chrome. There was some issue with my computer so i did a system restore. After system restore, clicking Google Chrome icon fails to open chrome. Now, i'm trying to re-install Chrome using first Edge and then Firefox...
  8. Google Chrome won't install after system restore .

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. PC frozen on blue restart screen but password won't work so I can't use system restore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC frozen on blue restart screen but password won't work so I can't use system restore.: I installed Windows 11 but it was very glitchy so I clicked the button to go back to Windows 10. After the reboot, I got the blue screen saying my PC couldn't restart. I tried the Startup option but f4, f5, or any of the other function keys for that matter didn't work. Every...
  10. PC frozen on blue restart screen but password won't work so I can't use system restore.

PC frozen on blue restart screen but password won't work so I can't use system restore.: I installed Windows 11 but it was very glitchy so I clicked the button to go back to Windows 10. After the reboot, I got the blue screen saying my PC couldn't restart. I tried the Startup option but f4, f5, or any of the other function keys for that matter didn't work. Every...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restoring all files from windowsbackupimage