Windows 10: Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

Discus and support Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; just backup and restore Works fine with me toooo*092 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by steveh69, Oct 14, 2015.

1. DoItJust Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

Works fine with me toooo*092

DoItJust, Oct 15, 2015
  2. steveh69 Win User

Sorry, but you are not understanding I'm not an expert asking for help. You're leaving out lot of steps for making this even more confusing for me. Please forgive me for asking you to elaborate on your suggestions, short of that, this not much help. While I understand what I need to accomplish, the how to part is important or this is not going to work for me. As mentioned, my problem is I have a failing hard drive I need to replace. I would like to save the Win 10 upgrade with all my apps installed. I do have recovery disks made from Win 7 I can fall back on, but you know what I lose in that process and I do not want to go there. Unless you can provide more Basic steps, please refrain from responding to this thread. Please don't take this the wrong way, I do appreciate your suggestions, it's just tough to sort out when we have too many cooks in the kitchen.

I forgot to ask, as a time saving effort, can I copy my saved "good image" to another external drive to avoid not having to create another image later after wiping my new 1 TB drive that you are suggesting creating a bootable MR disk? Doing that part I really have idea how to do, again my apologies for asking basic questions.

steveh69, Oct 15, 2015
  3. DoItJust Win User
    Time to get to it*Cool uhhh

DoItJust, Oct 15, 2015
  4. acmanten Win User

I agree with 'Doitjust', and the above is about as simple as can be started. With a failing HD, Yes, it is scary, but I just went though the same process and had a HD causing problems at the time. Just DO IT, 95+% success. once you get the Macrium dvd bootable made, and the image on a backup drive.. just do the above.. Best 2 U... Cliff M.

acmanten, Oct 15, 2015
  5. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Oops...............That's what you get from burning the midnight oil. *Redface
    Sorry, it should read "disconnect" . My bad.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Oct 15, 2015
  6. steveh69 Win User
    thanks but how do you create the bootable DVD?

steveh69, Oct 15, 2015
  7. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Launch Macrium Reflect, from the menu "Other tasks" select create rescue media.
    Make sure to verify it is bootable before taking further action or you're SOL.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Oct 15, 2015
  8. steveh69 Win User

Thanks, I will do this soon.

steveh69, Oct 15, 2015
  9. acmanten Win User
    ON top right of the program... and once you make it.. check it 2-3 times, and get faamiliar with booting from it, and reaching the data you have on other HD.

acmanten, Oct 15, 2015
  10. steveh69 Win User
    Ok I'm ready to move to my next step fdegrove, can you please give me the instructions to test the Rescue DVD to see if it can boot properly.

Thanks

Steve

steveh69, Oct 15, 2015
  11. DoItJust Win User
    If you created a rescue DVD, set the BIOS to boot from your CD/DVD drive and boot your system

DoItJust, Oct 15, 2015
  12. steveh69 Win User
    OK, I just changed boot settings to boot from CD/DVD. I wanted to test if I can see my image file on 1 TB External Drive. I plugged it in and I cannot see the drive. I shut it down and plugged it in before I booted from DVD and still cannot see the drive. I clicked on the link Browse for an image file... I just don't see my External drive ??

steveh69, Oct 15, 2015
  13. acmanten Win User

Steve
    You may need to go make the dvd again. Before you make the dvd, make sure you have all the devices connected to you system that you will be using when the dvd is make. The 1TB drive, keyboard, mouse or whatever, then make the DVD. Macrium will then be able to go file all the devices, and add the driver to the boot DVD. Maybe you did that already.. but I am adding this info as that is important.. tks.. cliff M.

acmanten, Oct 15, 2015
  14. steveh69 Win User
    Ok I will do that, hook the External Drive up while the new DVD is created. Just another question on this when all tested and I an see my image, the only other factor is the new HD I will be connecting via a SATA to USB connector, I have the new HD but not the SATA to USB connector yet, I won't have it until Sunday evening. Does that have to be connected before making the new DVD for this to work proplerly?

steveh69, Oct 15, 2015
  15. acmanten Win User
    It might find a driver to connect the extra drive, but I believe it it always sbest to have everything connected, and then let the Macrium software go find the drivers that it will need to allow each of the other devices to operate/function at 100%. It only should take a fews seconds/minutes to make a new DVD once you get it all connected. best 2 u Cliff M.

acmanten, Oct 15, 2015
Thema:

1. Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect - Similar Threads - Restoring Image using

2. Restoring Macrium Reflect image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restoring Macrium Reflect image: I really need help. Let me say first that the image I made with MR is about 1.5 yrs old. I see no reason why that should matter. I opened Macrium Reflect and went to the Restore heading. There I browsed to and selected the image I wanted to restore. This is what I see:...
  3. testing Macrium Reflect image restore completely

testing Macrium Reflect image restore completely: I am evaluating Macrium Reflect Free Edition Version 7.2 Build 4473 on Windows 10 Home version 1903 build 18362.388, desktop PC. I've been successfully creating full and differential images the last few days and I'd like to try to test an image restore as if my main drive...
  4. Restoring Image by free Macrium Reflect

Restoring Image by free Macrium Reflect: In the past I was able to restore a Disk Image in the Windows 10 interface without using the Rescue Disk. Lately this is no longer possible and restoration through the Rescue Disk is the only way now. This is not a big hassle but it is an unwelcome nag. Is it possible to go...
  5. Image restore problem using Macrium Reflect

Image restore problem using Macrium Reflect: I made an Image backup of Windows 10 64 Bit the other day using the free version of Macrium Reflect v.7. I am having a spot of trouble on my Dell laptop and decided I would restore the system from Macrium. What I failed to do, I am beginning to understand, was to make the...
  6. Macrium Reflect Restoring a Failed HD Image

Macrium Reflect Restoring a Failed HD Image: I have been finding my way. While I can navigate through my original file tree in the image I am now inferring that I cannot directly extract portions of it, say my User files. Restoring an image is an all or nothing proposition?. Is this correct? If so I am thinking...
  7. Macrium Reflect Restore Error

Macrium Reflect Restore Error: When trying to restore an image of Macrium Reflect I received this error "The handle is invalid" Restore Failed 22 and Read Failed invalid argument 32. I did a Google search on both errors and did not find much. On one thread someone suggested to move the image file to a...
  8. Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable

Restored Macrium Reflect Image not bootable: Good day, I bought a new desktop (Lenovo Gaming IdeaCentre Computer, Y710 Cube-15). It comes with a pitiful 100 GB SSD + 1 TB HD. My existing desktop has a 460GB SSD + 3 TB HD. I'd like to move my existing SSD + HD over to the new Lenovo desktop. It seems that this could...
  9. Macrium Reflect & backups & restore

Macrium Reflect & backups & restore: I threw MACRIUM into the title because I knew it would get Caledon Ken's attention as he keeps recommending it. My problem with any kind of backups is that when you do so, you are copying all existing errors, bugs and other problems that exist, so you're not getting a...
  10. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect: Hello Everybody, I don't understand this line. (see screenshot. I'm going to use O: as my USB drive. So do I create O:\WinPE\rescue\media? Don Cole [img] 106524