Windows 10: Restoring Windows on SSD

Discus and support Restoring Windows on SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have 1 TB sata hard drive, having 100 GB partition for Windows 10 and 2 GB System Reserved. I have macrium reflect backup of these partitions. I want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sam9, Jun 18, 2018.

1. sam9 Win User

Restoring Windows on SSD

I have 1 TB sata hard drive, having 100 GB partition for Windows 10 and 2 GB System Reserved. I have macrium reflect backup of these partitions. I want to restore my backup to 140 GB SSD. I want to know if there will be any problem or benefit and also , is there any benefit if windows is kept on a different hard disk and data on other hard disk.

:)

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Jun 19, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    • Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    • Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    • click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Restoring Windows on SSD [​IMG]
    • Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    • Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jun 19, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows on SSD

Macrium Reflect and SSD drive

Here's an easy way to do it, With your SSD connected.

• If not already done. Create a backup image of your current Windows HD. From Macrium, click on "Create an image of the partition(s) required to backup and restore Windows"
      NOTE: you could actually clone the disk, but create a backup then restore will allow Macrium to correctly align the cluster size and perform trimming on the new SSD.
    • After step 1 is done, click on Restore tab, select the image from step 1 then click on Select different target disk, select the SSD as destination disk then click on Next->Finish. No need to use/boot from Rescue disk. It will be faster and Macrium will also perform trimming on the new SSD.
    • Disconnect the HD and reboot. Windows should boot up with the new SSD.

topgundcp, Jun 19, 2018
Thema:

Restoring Windows on SSD

1. Restoring Windows on SSD - Similar Threads - Restoring SSD

2. I have a 500 GB SSD as my main disk, 200GB free. BUT i get just 2 restore points Why?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have a 500 GB SSD as my main disk, 200GB free. BUT i get just 2 restore points Why?: In Windows 10 with 500 GB Crucial SSD filled with 250 GB> SO i have left another 200 GB minimum. Why is the system restore only shows 2 restore points?Thank You...
  3. I have a 500 GB SSD as my main disk, 200GB free. BUT i get just 2 restore points Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a 500 GB SSD as my main disk, 200GB free. BUT i get just 2 restore points Why?: In Windows 10 with 500 GB Crucial SSD filled with 250 GB> SO i have left another 200 GB minimum. Why is the system restore only shows 2 restore points?Thank You...
  4. I have a 500 GB SSD as my main disk, 200GB free. BUT i get just 2 restore points Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. restore windows 7 image to an SSD when it was made on a Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restore windows 7 image to an SSD when it was made on a Hard Drive: Can I restore a Win7 image made from a hard drive to an SSD same as I would to a hard drive? The hard drive is 1tb the SSD is 1tb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-windows-7-image-to-an-ssd-when-it-was-made/6c2a4ff6-7479-4b5e-96f6-911b705c60ef
  6. restore windows 7 image to an SSD when it was made on a Hard Drive

restore windows 7 image to an SSD when it was made on a Hard Drive: Can I restore a Win7 image made from a hard drive to an SSD same as I would to a hard drive? The hard drive is 1tb the SSD is 1tb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-windows-7-image-to-an-ssd-when-it-was-made/6c2a4ff6-7479-4b5e-96f6-911b705c60ef
  7. Challenge with "mysteriously disappearing NVME SSD unable to contain restored data to its disk"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Challenge with "mysteriously disappearing NVME SSD unable to contain restored data to its disk": For many weeks, an NVME onboard motherboard SSD as set to GPT and having data restored from the backup, have "seen" its data "disappear" from the NVME SSD. In 2411231 on the left, in this example, under Microsoft's Disk Management Service Program, the SSD is set to conversion...
  8. Challenge with "mysteriously disappearing NVME SSD unable to contain restored data to its disk"

Challenge with "mysteriously disappearing NVME SSD unable to contain restored data to its disk": For many weeks, an NVME onboard motherboard SSD as set to GPT and having data restored from the backup, have "seen" its data "disappear" from the NVME SSD. In 2411231 on the left, in this example, under Microsoft's Disk Management Service Program, the SSD is set to conversion...
  9. User-Password Trouble After Full Restore From SSD Failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    User-Password Trouble After Full Restore From SSD Failure: I have several PCs running Windows 10 Pro. The SSD on one failed and I could not repair/restore so I h=downloaded the recovery file from MS to USB and eventually got windows 10 pro installed on new SSD. I selected did not have activation code and answered questions about my...
  10. User-Password Trouble After Full Restore From SSD Failure

User-Password Trouble After Full Restore From SSD Failure: I have several PCs running Windows 10 Pro. The SSD on one failed and I could not repair/restore so I h=downloaded the recovery file from MS to USB and eventually got windows 10 pro installed on new SSD. I selected did not have activation code and answered questions about my...