Windows 10: Restoring Your Previous Version of Windows – Stuck or in a Loop

Discus and support Restoring Your Previous Version of Windows – Stuck or in a Loop in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Many a time when Windows 10 Update fails, it tries to restore it to the previous version of Windows to give you back a working Windows 10 PC.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 11, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Restoring Your Previous Version of Windows – Stuck or in a Loop

WinClub, Aug 11, 2018

2. Windows stuck on previous restoring loop

Hi Mandy,

When an update to a newer version of Windows 10 is not successfully installed the device will automatically rollback to the previous version. If the device is stuck in a loop of restoring the previous version of Windows, this could be caused by system files
    that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any other changes made prior to the issue occurring?
    • Were there any error messages that showed up when you saw the restore loop?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you completed?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Aug 11, 2018
  3. Stuck in a restoring your previous version of windows loop

I just updated windows 10 and it restarted the PC and it's stuck in a loop of ”restoring your previous version of windows”. How do i get it to start properly?

Freddie Tan, Aug 11, 2018
  4. RR_13 Win User

Stuck at the restore to previous version loop

When i start upgrading window 8.1 to 10 , after a few says of using window 10 , i having problem with window 10 . Then i wanted to restore back to window 8.1 from 10.It keep stuck at the loop on the "Attempting to restore to previous version" , even when
    i hard shutdown , when i turn on the laptop , it is still looping the same thing over and over again . Please help me T.T . I cant go to safe mode or repair mode , it just keep looping . shutdown also no used.....

RR_13, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Restoring Your Previous Version of Windows – Stuck or in a Loop - Similar Threads - Restoring Previous Version

2. Stuck on an endless loop of "Restoring your previous version of Windows"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on an endless loop of "Restoring your previous version of Windows": Hi, so I accidentally updated my laptop to Windows 11 from Windows 10. So I tried to revert my laptop back to Windows 10, but now it's just stuck on an endless loop of "Restoring your previous version of Windows" screen...
  3. Stuck on an endless loop of "Restoring your previous version of Windows"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on an endless loop of "Restoring your previous version of Windows": Hi, so I accidentally updated my laptop to Windows 11 from Windows 10. So I tried to revert my laptop back to Windows 10, but now it's just stuck on an endless loop of "Restoring your previous version of Windows" screen...
  4. Restoring your previous version of Windows loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring your previous version of Windows loop: Hi Microsoft, I have been facing a problem, which is "restoring your previous version of windows " loop.I am very frustrated with this problem . I can't access my laptop for several days with this I can't do my work.I have tried many things from YouTube but didn't work and I...
  5. Restoring your previous version of Windows loop

Restoring your previous version of Windows loop: Hi Microsoft, I have been facing a problem, which is "restoring your previous version of windows " loop.I am very frustrated with this problem . I can't access my laptop for several days with this I can't do my work.I have tried many things from YouTube but didn't work and I...
  6. Restoring your previous version of Windows loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows stuck in restart loop, "Restoring your previous version of Windows"

Windows stuck in restart loop, "Restoring your previous version of Windows": I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7572 with 500GB SSD containing Windows OS, 1TB HDD containing my dataI tried reverting to Windows 10 from Windows 11 within a week. On doing this my laptop went into a restart loop for 15 hours of "Restoring your previous version of Windows".I...
  8. "Restoring your previous version of Windows" loop

"Restoring your previous version of Windows" loop: To start things off, I do believe that this was my fault. I didn't want wait for my computer to update when I restarted my computer so I held the power button and when I tried to get back in, the loop began. So my boot process will start off with my ASUS splash screen...
  9. stuck in a loop of "restoring your previous version" and restarting

stuck in a loop of "restoring your previous version" and restarting: I can't get access to any tools to allow me to do anything to get back to a previous state. I've tried following instructions to restart from an inserted disk, or starting from command prompt, but it always reverts back to "Restoring your previous version of Windows..." and...
  10. "Restoring your previous version of Windows"loop.

"Restoring your previous version of Windows"loop.: Got force updated to the next windows and now whenever I try to start my computer it says "Restoring your previous version of Windows" and I'm stuck in a loop. I don't understand why we HAVE to update. I have to work on this computer and now I cant. Please help....