Windows 10: Restrict Background Data - Settings Button Broken?

Discus and support Restrict Background Data - Settings Button Broken? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo T450s with a 4G card and a data plan through T-Mobile. Since I pay per GB, I'd like to limit data usage. Under Settings->Network and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by snap, May 4, 2016.

1. snap Win User

Restrict Background Data - Settings Button Broken?

I have a Lenovo T450s with a 4G card and a data plan through T-Mobile. Since I pay per GB, I'd like to limit data usage.

Under Settings->Network and Internet->Data Usage->Edit, there is a "Restrict Background Data" with the option Always, When I'm Near My Limit, and Never.

I changed this to "Always", close the settings, and reopened the settings.

It always switches back to "Never".

Why can't I change this?

Restrict Background Data - Settings Button Broken? [​IMG]

PS - I'd really like to easily control what software can talk to the internet. I opened Atom text editor and it auto downloaded a 160MB update. Someone uploaded files to a shared Google Drive folder and it downloaded 500MB of files.

:)

snap, May 4, 2016

2. Lumia 625 - Error Code 800704CF

Go to data sense

In settings deselect

Restrict background data usage

&

Restrict background data usage when roaming

Balaji Jeyaprakash, May 4, 2016
  3. Error 80040153 - how to solve this problem?

Go to data sense

IN settings deselect

Restrict background data usage

&

Restrict background data usage while roaming

The problem will be solved

Balaji Jeyaprakash, May 4, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, To control per program access to the internet, you need a good firewall, perhaps a commercial one.

Here's what Comodo says (random choice of supplier), but in this list:
    Best Free Firewall Protection | Gizmo's FreewareHow does a firewall help out?

A good personal firewall will

• Block all unauthorized inbound or outbound connection attempts on your computer
    • Allow you to specify exactly which programs are permitted to access the internet
    • Stealth the ports on your computer so hackers cannot locate and attack you
    • Let you specify parental controls to filter out inappropriate websites
    • Maintain detailed activity and connection logs so you can troubleshoot issues
    • Isolate your internet browser in a virtual container so online threats cannot access your private data

You may already have set this.. if not, it may be relevant (uploading updates to others):

Restrict Background Data - Settings Button Broken? [​IMG]

Data Usage->Edit - I don't have that setting, perhaps 'cos I've not set something to specify I've a data limit or it's not a mobile device.

dalchina, May 4, 2016
Thema:

1. Restrict Background Data - Settings Button Broken? - Similar Threads - Restrict Background Data

2. Data Usage Tab Corrupted/Broken In Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data Usage Tab Corrupted/Broken In Settings: Hey, So I needed to make a hotspot because my network needs troubleshooting and when I tried to set a data limit Settings looks like thisand it makes me unable to set any data limit, I have tried the following thingsCMD: sfc /scannowHere are the logs:...
  3. Data Usage Tab Corrupted/Broken In Settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data Usage Tab Corrupted/Broken In Settings: Hey, So I needed to make a hotspot because my network needs troubleshooting and when I tried to set a data limit Settings looks like thisand it makes me unable to set any data limit, I have tried the following thingsCMD: sfc /scannowHere are the logs:...
  4. Data Usage Tab Corrupted/Broken In Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Broken button?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Broken button?: when press my printscreen button it launched file explorer,what went wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-button/3945f2ff-09c6-4536-8f6a-62cdccb2ab7b
  6. My Background Is Broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Background Is Broken: [ATTACH]i just booted up my pc and this happened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-background-is-broken/f1a9333c-6cee-4511-93eb-5c260e7702ed
  7. In settings, What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    In settings, What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps...: In settings, What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows features" limit? Does it limit or does it prevent data? What exact things is it limiting? What Windows features exactly is this talking about? submitted by...
  8. What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows...: What exact data does "Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows features" limit? Does it limit or does it prevent data? What exact things is it limiting? What Windows features exactly is this talking about? submitted by /u/happypuppy100 [link]...
  9. Broken button?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Broken button?: Inside of app and browser control where it says check apps and files, I try setting it to Warn, but whenever I change it and confirm I want to do it, it sets it back to Block. I don't know why. Please help. -Kyle...
  10. Restrict Background Data Usage for Wi-Fi and Ethernet in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restrict Background Data Usage for Wi-Fi and Ethernet in Windows 10: How to: Restrict Background Data Usage for Wi-Fi and Ethernet in Windows 10 [img] Information Starting with metered ethernet network connection, tailor your data usage to your budget and needs. Restricting background data will limit what Store apps and Windows features...