Windows 10: Restrict program access and startup for second user?

Discus and support Restrict program access and startup for second user? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Is there any easy way to restrict program access and startup for second user? I need to share my pc for a short time, and would want to restrict... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Cixoos, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Cixoos Win User

Restrict program access and startup for second user?

Is there any easy way to restrict program access and startup for second user?

I need to share my pc for a short time, and would want to restrict what programs show in startmenu and start at boot. Tried a new local account and new family member, but dont see any program restriction controls.

Was looking also for some software that maybe can control this?

:)

Cixoos, Nov 18, 2015

2. Restrict access to a program

Hi Sue,

Thank you for posting back.

I suggest you to refer the following Windows Help article on how to set restrictions on apps and games.

Set the right limits for your child (Applies to Windows 10)

Post us back if you need further assistance. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Nov 18, 2015
  3. Restrict access to a program

Hi Sue,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

You can restrict and set time limits to your child account by adding the members to your family. This will help to keep your kids safe online and build trust and understanding about appropriate websites, time limits, apps, and games. You can see everyone
    in your family and edit settings for the kids in your family at
    account.microsoft.com/family

For more information, refer the following Help articles.

Set up family features on Windows 10

Help with Family safety.

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

Hope this will help you. Post us back if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Nov 18, 2015
Thema:

Restrict program access and startup for second user?

1. Restrict program access and startup for second user? - Similar Threads - Restrict program access

2. Restrict Hide access to programs by user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restrict Hide access to programs by user: We recently installed several new Win10 computers one of which will be shared by several users. More a matter of limited space than anything else.There are a couple programs on the one unit we do NOT want other users to have access to, let alone see in the start menu or as a...
  3. User access restriction to only user profile

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User access restriction to only user profile: Hi Team,How can I restrict a user to only access his profile C:\Users\exampleuser1.Rest everything should be locked such as folders in C drive the user shouldn't be able to create any folders in C drive or any. Standard read or write access to Program Files or Windows should...
  4. Restrict access to programs until certain time

Restrict access to programs until certain time: Greetings, Is there a way to restrict access to programs for myself, the administrator, until certain time? I want to restrict some programs until afternoon, so I can only be allowed to use programs for college for most of the day....
  5. Restricting user access to a drive on my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restricting user access to a drive on my PC: I have multiple users that log in to a single Win 10 PC and on that PC there is a drive E: that I'd like to give access to some users Jim and Joe and restrict access to others Mike and Mary. All users log in using their Microsoft accounts for authentication e.g. no guest...
  6. Guest User Restriction

Guest User Restriction: Hello. I want to restrict access to a drive by a local user account. With my admin account I did Properties > Security > Remove all access for that user account. And when I switch to the other account it just shows NTFS drive and inaccessible. But within that account when I...
  7. how to restrict users ability to install programs

how to restrict users ability to install programs: Windows 10 Pro - Have normal user ( NOT administrator). while logged in as a normal user and installing Chrome, get pop-up that says you must be administrator to install, and then get a sign in screen for an administrator user. If I close the pop-up screen without...
  8. User restrictions

User restrictions: How can I restrict a user profile from downloading programs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-restrictions/701495f4-6697-427d-ad20-16d961188fa1"
  9. Cannot access some programs because of family restrictions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot access some programs because of family restrictions: I removed myself from a Microsoft Family and tried to log into my Microsoft account on a new computer. Previously I was registered as a child but I currently cannot download some software because of the family restrictions. I double checked, I really removed myself from the...
  10. How to restrict standard user access to folders

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to restrict standard user access to folders: On my secondary hard drive, I have some folders that I don't want standard users to see or access. How can I go about doing this? Thanks! 17727

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restricting startup programs from a user