Windows 10: 'restricted' router problem

Discus and support 'restricted' router problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Problem--everytime I get a new comp , I forget that I had somehow set the last comp as the 'main controller'-'master' or 'parent' to control access to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AmateurITGuy, Aug 10, 2017.

1. 'restricted' router problem

Problem--everytime I get a new comp , I forget that I had somehow set the last comp as the 'main controller'-'master' or 'parent' to control access to my router making it impossible to get to my routers standard network based page- using 192.168.2.1 , without pushing that pin sized full reset on the router- standard power cycle doesn't do it and I don' t necessarily want to , since everything except ' getting the page up' works fine. Question-'How do I make my new comp the 'main controller' without a full router reset, so I can access the page again, only to turn it off so I quit having to mess around everytime I get a new comp. The page is essentially ' restricted ' to the old comp Thanks, IA

p.s. its an old Belkin by the way-802.11g
    Windows 10 Home 1703

:)

AmateurITGuy, Aug 10, 2017

2. web browser closes by itself

Im using my own router which has no restrictions or anything on it. I have no problems when using my laptop so it cant be the router.

vijaygunners, Aug 10, 2017
  3. i am unable to connect my 5800 to my wlan at home,

I had Similar problems until I found that my routers Access restriction list was active.

Turned it off and it works fine.

hawkster---01, Aug 10, 2017
  4. Eagle51 Win User

'restricted' router problem

Hey AmateurITGuy,
    Without the belkin model, I can't tell you where to look, but I think what you're wanting is to Disable the MAC Address Filtering.

Eagle51, Aug 10, 2017
  5. eagle 51, yes if i can remember it had something to do with copying my comps mac address into a field for for allowed access and mac address filtering sounds correct for the tab it was under. I suppose i'd have to do full reset to get back to the page. I was wondering if it could bee done through windows but probably not.. i'll lookup the exact Belkin model, though, its so old I don't think ill find it.. it just says Belkin on th top and small silver square box look. it was common about 10 years ago.. geez I better upgrade! if you can think of anything let me know. this has happened a few times now after comps go bad but its good for security. so secure I cant get in myself. DOOOH! , thanks

6. according to pictures online it looks like its f5D7230-4 and it the 7230 number sounds familiar so, yeahhh , I think that's it. I bought it used for 20 dollars, and I see it now only four dollars and 40 cents used.. that's how old it is. LMAO

7. nix the (dash)-4, that's the dual antennae, its only single antennae.

8. 'restricted' router problem

i'm marking this solved, I think I answered my own question..it can only be done by hard reset through the push pin at which I can then decide to use or not use mac address filtering for the new comp.... which I won't.. its caused me too much trouble. thanks eagle 51 for letting me know how I restricted it in the first place. feel free to let me know if there is a way through registry or something, though..thanks

9. Eagle51 Win User
    Nope, there is no windows registry hack (this has to do with router itself). One you're locked out ... the only fix is the hard reset ... then login and disable the MAC Address Filtering so you don't have the issue again *Smile

Eagle51, Aug 10, 2017
  10. Delphia4 Win User
    I would like to recover my lost router password. How can I do that? Please let me know. I am totally new into this community. Thanks!

Delphia4, Aug 11, 2017
  11. Eagle51 Win User
    Hey Delphia4,
    Check the manufactures documentation for the router make/model. Some have a password recover feature, if you set it up. You can do a hard reset, which sets it back to the factory defaults (you will loose any custom settings, like port forwarding, etc).

There is a reset pin hole on the router, use a paper clip to press and hold the reset for about 10 secs.

Eagle51, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

'restricted' router problem

1. 'restricted' router problem - Similar Threads - 'restricted' router problem

2. Problems with c drive restrictions.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with c drive restrictions.: I was doing everything as usual until one day I got a problem. For some reason half of my games couldn't be saved others wouldn't be even able to launch. I found out that this is happening because they cant use documents folder which means that they are blocked by computer...
  3. Miktrotik router problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Miktrotik router problem: Hallo Have a problem with winbox to configure Miktrotik router. All the buttons in the Navigation pane are not working. is there any help. 166865
  4. Router Ethernet Port problem.

Router Ethernet Port problem.: I have just been supplied with a new router by my fibre optic supplier. The router has 4 Ethernet ports and I have my PC connected to one of them. I also have a set top box for my streaming TV signal, this is connected by cable to another of the Ethernet ports. The PC...
  5. my wifi router name is not showing is it is the problem of my router ?

my wifi router name is not showing is it is the problem of my router ?: After updating my pc it's not showing me the name of my router it is showing all the wifi networks name at my house but it's not showing the name of router . is this the problem of my router because i have already done all the setting that was given by Microsoft .pls pls...
  6. Router Firmware Re-flashing Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Router Firmware Re-flashing Problem: I installed the OpenWRT firmware on my netgear wndr4700 router to see what I could get out of it; I decided to go back to the default netgear firmware, so I tried to follow the instructions here, but its been giving me problems first off, I open the ipv4 settings on my...
  7. Router problem

Router problem: I have Comcast internet I have the modem and I router hooked to the modem do I have to have a wire connected from the router to a PC all the time, if I want to connect devices to the WiFi, I don't use the PC but if I disconnect the hardwire from the PC that hooks to router I...
  8. Suspected router problem

Suspected router problem: Hello, I noticed that when I reset my Verizon router and do a restart, my computer works like brand new. Then after visiting some websites or a day later, it takes to much time to make a connection or when I go to links on the same page. I also noticed that if I single...
  9. Problems with Motorola MG7310 modem/router

Problems with Motorola MG7310 modem/router: Good evening. This may be a simple problem, but I'm not good at troubleshooting by text *Smile My friend was looking for a net modem so I suggested she get the Motorola MG7310 modem/router combo. She originally had a Time Warner modem. She is currently on the 30Mb...
  10. Problems with Youtube's restricted mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Youtube's restricted mode: As the titles suggests, I have been having problems with Youtube's restricted mode ever since upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10. I have tried many things, from taking myself out of the family safety group and making multiple google accounts and microsoft accounts. All...