Windows 10: Restricting mouse cursor to selected displays

Discus and support Restricting mouse cursor to selected displays in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have four monitors but I don't use them all, all the time. It's annoying to lose the mouse cursor to a monitor which is turned off so I'd like to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by THX1138, Dec 6, 2017.

1. THX1138 Win User

Restricting mouse cursor to selected displays

I have four monitors but I don't use them all, all the time. It's annoying to lose the mouse cursor to a monitor which is turned off so I'd like to be able to restrict the mouse to the monitors which are in use. There are plenty of solutions to restrict the mouse cursor to any particular single monitor but I want it to be able to move the cursor across multiple monitors and use hotkeys to toggle which displays are included.

:)

THX1138, Dec 6, 2017
  2. ScottyRay Win User

Mouse freeze

Suddenly I'm not able to get mouse to display cursor. Tried restart and effect. Can't find anything in settings that would explain why mouse refuses to display cursor. This is most aggravating.

ScottyRay, Dec 6, 2017
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    pointer

You have a few options.

. * In start menu search for "Ease of Access Center".

. * Select "Make the mouse easier to use.

. * Here you have the option to select larger mouse pointers from a graphical display

Find "Mouse Properties" or "Mouse Settings"

. * in the Mouse Properties dialog

. * click on the Pointers tab

. * you have the option of selecting from a text list

or

. * in the "Customize" window you can single click to select a specific aspect of the mouse image, ie "normal select"

. * then click on the Browse button

. * from this dialog you can select another mouse pointer image.

The cursor image I use come from this page:

http://web.archive.org/web/20130125010851/http:...

Scroll down. For a giggle, download the EnourMouse. Select it in the dialog I described above.

While you are on that page also download the "Chunky Cursors".and optionally the "Bigger cursors".

Personally, I use the red Chunky cursor daily on my 4K monitor. The enourmouse would be a good icebreaker in a classroom or presentation setting.

If you want cute you can use the mmFollow. WAY back, when I was young and foolish we used a kitten animation that chased after the mouse pointer. Good thing the PHB didn't notice.

Google the internet for other cursor images.

Back in the Mouse Properties dialog:

. * click on the "Pointer Options" tab

. * you can turn on/off "Pointer Tails" and "Show location of pointer when I press the CTL key" It displays a shrinking bullseye ring to the mouse pointer.

Rohn007, Dec 6, 2017
  4. Restricting mouse cursor to selected displays

You'll want to use a tool like this which can stop the mouse from leaving the monitor until you want it to:

Dual Monitor Tools - Home

Masterchiefxx17, Dec 8, 2017
  5. THX1138 Win User
    Thanks. Unfortunately, I can only find tools which restrict to a single monitor at a time. I want to be able to restrict to multiple monitors (i.e. any two or three out of the four connected). I envisaged using the Windows Clipcursor function with AutoHotKey but I don't know whether it's possible to define regions spanning more than one monitor at a time.

THX1138, Dec 8, 2017
  6. Well, with the DMT tools you could do a couple of things to make it better like the Sticky option.

Or when in doubt, just turn on Windows cursor finder and press CTRL to find the cursor. *Think

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Restricting mouse cursor to selected displays

1. Restricting mouse cursor to selected displays - Similar Threads - Restricting mouse cursor

2. Mouse cursor disappears on wireless display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor disappears on wireless display: I have a new Win11 desktop, and I've used the Wireless Display option to extend the desktop to an older Win10 laptop. When I move the mouse to the wireless display, the mouse cursor disappears. It's still there, because I can see where it highlights items in the taskbar when...
  3. Mouse cursor disappears on wireless display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor disappears on wireless display: I have a new Win11 desktop, and I've used the Wireless Display option to extend the desktop to an older Win10 laptop. When I move the mouse to the wireless display, the mouse cursor disappears. It's still there, because I can see where it highlights items in the taskbar when...
  4. Mouse cursor displayed without offset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor displayed without offset: When the mouse cursor changes to one that should be displayed with an offset e.g., the hand cursor should be displayed slightly to the left so that the tip of the finger matches the mouse position it is not and instead is drawn with the same position as the default...
  5. Mouse cursor displayed without offset

Mouse cursor displayed without offset: When the mouse cursor changes to one that should be displayed with an offset e.g., the hand cursor should be displayed slightly to the left so that the tip of the finger matches the mouse position it is not and instead is drawn with the same position as the default...
  6. mouse cursor prevents me to select certain icons on taskbar

mouse cursor prevents me to select certain icons on taskbar: hi,when i try select some icons on my taskbar, my mouse wheel starts rotating in a circle, it is ok to select the first four icons on the taskbar from the right, and the start button on win 11, but the mouse cursor starts rotating like a wheel when i try to select other...
  7. mouse cursor selection box

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse cursor selection box: HelloIt's been a few weeks my mouse cursor selection box In the form of the photo below Can you help me get back to normal?Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-cursor-selection-box/56383ae0-6644-44fe-845c-8ff48db90233
  8. What does "alternate select" mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    What does "alternate select" mouse cursor: I installed some custom mouse pointers, and I was curious about the "alternate select." My assumption was that it moves the cursor out of the way or flips the graphic to the left of the cursor instead of the right so you can see the text you're pointing at better. But I...
  9. windows not displaying mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows not displaying mouse cursor: I have a surface pro 6 and a surface 3. Neither one will recognize either of my wireless mice this morning. The surface 3 complains that one of the mice can't be installed. The pro 6 can install both mice but in both cases the mouse cursor doesn't appear. Mice are turned...
  10. desktop problem: mouse hover selection is not under mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop problem: mouse hover selection is not under mouse cursor: I got the Anniversary Update a month or two back. And ever since I have this problem on desktop icons. The mouse hover selection is shifted away from cursor, in a way that the next icon is selected, not the one under cursor. 9bwq07tNFyc When I click, the icon with the...