Windows 10: Restricting time usage for adult accounts on MY computer

Discus and support Restricting time usage for adult accounts on MY computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Has there been any updates to this situation? I have other adults in my household that I want to restrict how many hours they are on my computer. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlexandersMom, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Restricting time usage for adult accounts on MY computer

Has there been any updates to this situation? I have other adults in my household that I want to restrict how many hours they are on my computer. I can't create a child account for them because I can't delete their adult account. All of their files will be deleted unless I can find and copy all of their data. I can't guarantee that I can find/copy all of their files. I need a simple way for the administrator to select how many hours, what time of day and what days of the week ANY user can have access to my computer.

:)

AlexandersMom, Jul 22, 2018
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Olivia G. Win User
    Removing web browsing restrictions on adult account

I put web browsing safety restrictions on my adult account but it is blocking too much. How do I remove it?

Olivia G., Jul 22, 2018
  4. Restricting time usage for adult accounts on MY computer

Changing Adult Account to Child Account

Hi Peter,

To rectify your issue in converting an account from child/teen to an adult, we suggest that you try these steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family and other users on the left pane.
    • Select the adult account and click Change account type.

In addition you may also check this
    Forum article
    to know more details about Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

Restricting time usage for adult accounts on MY computer

1. Restricting time usage for adult accounts on MY computer - Similar Threads - Restricting usage adult

2. Child account for an Adult

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child account for an Adult: I was an idiot in 2018 when I created my Microsoft account and put my date of birth as the year I bought the laptop instead of the year of my actual birth in my haste to log into my pc. Now with the family settings and my account as a child account I cannot use it. My partner...
  3. Child account for an Adult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child account for an Adult: I was an idiot in 2018 when I created my Microsoft account and put my date of birth as the year I bought the laptop instead of the year of my actual birth in my haste to log into my pc. Now with the family settings and my account as a child account I cannot use it. My partner...
  4. Child account for an Adult

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Child time limit applies to adult Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child time limit applies to adult Microsoft account: Hi,I seem to have made a terrible mistake this evening...Earlier this evening I played Minecraft with my son using my daughter’s account We have two separate licences of Minecraft for our kids. When she wanted her computer back I thought I just logged in to her account on my...
  6. Child time limit applies to adult Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Child time limit applies to adult Microsoft account: Hi,I seem to have made a terrible mistake this evening...Earlier this evening I played Minecraft with my son using my daughter’s account We have two separate licences of Minecraft for our kids. When she wanted her computer back I thought I just logged in to her account on my...
  7. Child time limit applies to adult Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Age Restriction But I am an Adult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Age Restriction But I am an Adult: My Game Tag tells me the Game I am trying to download is above my grade and to ask an adult to log in. I am the adult, so why am I being asked this silly question? Did I accidentally have the wrong age attached to my game tag? I don't know how to check and alter it if I did...
  9. Child account to Adult?

Child account to Adult?: Hi, I am trying to attach my Xbox account to my Epic Games account for my Rocket League rewards, but it won't let me. After contacting Rocket League's support team, they told me the error code I am receiving is related to my account being a child account. My birthday is...
  10. How To Change Adult Account to Child Account - Need To Set Restrictions

How To Change Adult Account to Child Account - Need To Set Restrictions: Right this is now stressing us out I have had my own Microsoft Account for years. However when we got our son his XBOX One we used my Microsoft Account which of course is the Adult Account to set him up on his new XBOX One and away he went. Now he is getting older he is...