Windows 10: Restricting User control over power settings

Discus and support Restricting User control over power settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I asked this in General Support, but up to now no one has offered a solution. Maybe it's not possible. *Sad I need to prevent standard users, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Snowshed, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Snowshed Win User

Restricting User control over power settings

I asked this in General Support, but up to now no one has offered a solution. Maybe it's not possible. *Sad

I need to prevent standard users, or users individually if necessary, from changing the power settings on their computers.

Is this possible?

:)

Snowshed, Aug 7, 2016
  2. Ethan B. Win User

User Account Control restricting Lotus 123

Hey, Brian!

I'm not sure how UAC picked up on Lotus123, but there is a way to circumvent this. First, go to the Lotus123 icon. Right click it, and go to Properties. In the General tab, you should see an Unblock button on the bottom right. Let me know if you don't see this,
    otherwise I hope this helps!

Ethan B., Aug 7, 2016
  3. Brian4882 Win User
    User Account Control restricting Lotus 123

Why has Lotus123 when run started showing User Account Control popup asking 'Do you want to allow an app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device' referring to 123w.exe ? It used to just start.

This is on my PC running Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Brian4882, Aug 7, 2016
Thema:

Restricting User control over power settings

1. Restricting User control over power settings - Similar Threads - Restricting User control

2. Control Panel and Settings locked due to Restrictions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Panel and Settings locked due to Restrictions: I have tried multiple things by doing sfc /scannow. And a lot through the commandpromt but a have all lead to the same thing I have done a fresh install of windows 10 twice and upgraded to windows 11 from what I had before. I am unable to get the restrictions lifted from my...
  3. Control Panel and Settings locked due to Restrictions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Control Panel and Settings locked due to Restrictions: I have tried multiple things by doing sfc /scannow. And a lot through the commandpromt but a have all lead to the same thing I have done a fresh install of windows 10 twice and upgraded to windows 11 from what I had before. I am unable to get the restrictions lifted from my...
  4. GPO. Restricted Groups or Control Panel Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPO. Restricted Groups or Control Panel Settings: Dear Expert, I have some problems that I don't understand, our previous system admin deployed the GPO to grant the group the Built in/ administrators. GPO_1: It was using Restricted Groups, and as I understand this GPO will restrict the group only can have members by this GPO...
  5. GPO. Restricted Groups or Control Panel Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPO. Restricted Groups or Control Panel Settings: Dear Expert, I have some problems that I don't understand, our previous system admin deployed the GPO to grant the group the Built in/ administrators. GPO_1: It was using Restricted Groups, and as I understand this GPO will restrict the group only can have members by this GPO...
  6. User Account Control Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Account Control Settings: I am unable to change my user account control settings back to administrator. How can I get back in the settings to change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-control-settings/eb1b86cd-121d-415b-8195-a756286bd930
  7. Parental Controls restricting on other users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Parental Controls restricting on other users: So my parents let me use an account without parental controls after I proved to them that I can use my computer responsibly so they let me create an account without parental controls. The problem was, every time I try to do something that makes changes to my computer, it...
  8. Restricting Settings and Control Panel for specific login

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restricting Settings and Control Panel for specific login: I have local admin rights on all of our PC’s. The one account most people use we named “Logon” how can i restrict anyone using this username from accessing control panel and settings but still allow any other username regular access? They all are running the latest version of...
  9. User restrictions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User restrictions: How can I restrict a user profile from downloading programs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-restrictions/701495f4-6697-427d-ad20-16d961188fa1"
  10. User control the settings that

in Windows 10 Customization
    User control the settings that: When will the User control the settings that will make MY computer EASIER for ME to USE MY COMPUTER. This is really bad of windows 10 I DON"T like it and that's putting it mildly!!!! The scroll bar and other user options have been taken away it is hard to use!! BAD BAD...