Windows 10: Retail version of 10 pro

Discus and support Retail version of 10 pro in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've noticed that retail versions of 10 are available, do the purchasers have the same rights to chop and change as was possible with older Windows?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tinmar49, Feb 22, 2016.

1. tinmar49 Win User

Retail version of 10 pro

I've noticed that retail versions of 10 are available, do the purchasers have the same rights to chop and change as was possible with older Windows?

:)

tinmar49, Feb 22, 2016

2. Retail version of Home to Pro upgrade use same key?

I was wondering, If I buy the retail version of Windows 10 Home, Then upgrade to Pro version view the Microsoft App Store, Will the product key from the Home retail version become a Pro product key?

I asked this because the retail version of Windows 10 Home would allow you to activate on a new system you might built in the future, so theoretically the Pro Upgrade should carry over and install on the new system as well?

TigerClaw., Feb 22, 2016
  3. Upgrading from Vista Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro

Will the retail version of Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Vista Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro? Is there a compatibility tool for Windows 10 Pro?

ScottTran1, Feb 22, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Retail version of 10 pro

You'll have to elaborate on what you mean by "rights to chop and change..."
    As of this moment, there is no difference whatsoever between an upgrade W10 and a retail W10, with the exception that you may install a retail version on any capable machine you wish, whereas, the upgrade version is limited to the machine it was upgraded from.

Edwin, Feb 22, 2016
Thema:

Retail version of 10 pro

1. Retail version of 10 pro - Similar Threads - Retail version pro

2. BAD RETAIL VERSION OF WINDOWS 10 PRO FROM RETAILER

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BAD RETAIL VERSION OF WINDOWS 10 PRO FROM RETAILER: I bought a full copy of Windows 10 Pro from newegg, not an OEM copy. After trying to tech the new build for 3 weekends, thinking it was a bad CPU or memory stick, I took it to the local repair shop. He tried to install from the USB and got the same blue screen I was getting...
  3. Can a retail Version of Windows 10 pro Retail. Upgrade a Windows 7 pro OEM?

Can a retail Version of Windows 10 pro Retail. Upgrade a Windows 7 pro OEM?: Because the recent windows 10 update my computer became unusable. I couldn't access the computer because the sign in prompt disappeared and trying to do an update rollback or repair or recovery through safe mode failed. So I had to reinstall my old windows 7 pro just...
  4. Windows 10 Retail Version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Retail Version: Can I Install Windows 10 Retail Version(Purchased) in multiple PC at a time? If so, how many times can I do that and how to install that product to another laptop with the same product key?...
  5. Windows 10 Pro Full Pack Original Retail Version.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Full Pack Original Retail Version.: To All The MVPs, Need your expert advice / guide point wise on listed below questions on above subject: I am in the process of buying Windows 10 Professional Full Pack Original Retail Version 1. How can I ensure it is Original Retail Version before installation as well...
  6. Windows 10 pro retail box version number

Windows 10 pro retail box version number: How do you determine what version of Windows 10 Pro comes in a retail box. The last update crashed my computer with hardware incompatibilities. It was an upgrade from Windows 7 Pro that was installed from retail purchase. However, during a move the Windows 7 Pro got lost. I...
  7. Tranfer Retail Version of Windows 10 Pro

Tranfer Retail Version of Windows 10 Pro: I have a retail version of Windows 10 pro. I have previously upgraded my motherboard to my current board and I will be getting a new board soon. Will I be able to transfer the license to another new motherboard? If not how much is it going to cost me to get a working version...
  8. Corel Paint Shop Pro X - retail version - work with Win 10 Pro ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corel Paint Shop Pro X - retail version - work with Win 10 Pro ?: I own several graphics editing software packages but my favorite is this older program. I am currently using it with Windows 7Pro. Can anyone tell me if it will work with windows 10 Pro? My thanks, Mary 104795
  9. Purchased Win 10 Pro off Ebay, but it was not Retail version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Purchased Win 10 Pro off Ebay, but it was not Retail version: Ok, so I purchased Win 10 Pro off of Ebay because I was looking for it somewhere cheaper. This is the link: Microsoft Window 10 Pro USB 3.0 32/64 Bit Full Version FQC-08788 Retail Sealed 885370903904 | eBay I checked the product key with ShowKeyPlus and it showed Win 10 RTM...
  10. windows 10 retail version

windows 10 retail version: hi, please can some one help me i have a retail copy of windows 10 that i purchased at a pc store its still unopened . the question i have is its been on my shelf about a year, will i still be able to use it at some point? thank you, *Smile 94340