Windows 10: Retail Win 7 to Win 10

Discus and support Retail Win 7 to Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Just wondering if you get to download 32 & 64 bit versions of win 10?, as at the minute is have 32 bit installed but was planning to install 64 bit win... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bjproc, Jun 3, 2015.

1. bjproc Win User

Retail Win 7 to Win 10

Just wondering if you get to download 32 & 64 bit versions of win 10?, as at the minute is have 32 bit installed but was planning to install 64 bit win 7, but with this upgrade being offered I'd hope to get the chance to either use 32 or 64 bit

:)

bjproc, Jun 3, 2015

2. Upgrading from Windows 8.1. Professional retail product key to Windows 10 -- what happens to your product key and right to reinstall?

I feel the same way; the reply is contradictory.

It either carries retail rights with upgrade or it doesn't!?

I have a retail win7 ultimate; I may want to move it to another computer/mother board

Does that mean my win 10 upgrade will be lost and can't be transferred with my retail 7 (after 1 year)?

I presume my win 7 can be transferred without the win 10 upgrade; correct?

Do I lose my win 7 retail if I upgrade and then cannot reinstall win 7 retail after upgrade?

DansMedia(2), Jun 3, 2015
  3. G 1
    G 1 Win User
    Upgrade to Win 10 from Win 7 retail - still retail?

I don't think it should change the state of license, but we might have to wait for an official information.

4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Retail Win 7 to Win 10

Hello BJ,

If you currently have a 32-bit Windows 7 installed, then you would only be able to upgrade to a 32-bit Windows 10.

If you wanted a 64-bit Windows 10 installed, you may need to clean install the 64-bit Windows 10 instead. You would just need to download a 64-bit Windows 10 ISO to use to do so though.

Brink, Jun 3, 2015
  5. bjproc Win User
    thanks Brink,

i'm hoping that due to having a retail copy i will have the option of 32 & 64 bit on the upgrade.

do you have any idea with the serial, will we just use our existing serial or will there be one provided?

bjproc, Jun 3, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're supposed to be able to use the Windows 7 key to activate the upgrade with. We shall see though.

Brink, Jun 3, 2015
  7. If you have the retail version of Windows 7, you have access to either 32 or 64 bit versions.

The scheme seems to authenticate your Win7 key, and if its available it will start the upgrade. Else once you have it installed it should automatically activate depending on your hardware.

Windows Sniper, Jun 3, 2015
  8. bjproc Win User

Retail Win 7 to Win 10

sounds good to me, hopefully this is right, if not, i'll have to swap out the HDD and install 64bit then get the upgrade

i've a SSD waiting for win 10

bjproc, Jun 3, 2015
  9. One complication is that if you "reserve" win10 using the current 32-bit Win7, then it will preload your PC with 32-bit upgrade packages prior to the end of July. You won't then be able to use them to "upgrade" to 64-bit Win10. So, if you want to do the upgrade that way, you need to replace your 32-bit Win7 with 64-bit soon.

Mark Phelps, Jun 4, 2015
  10. Quite right,

I do wonder however, if the option for x32 or x64 bit installations apply to the free clean installations from the one key?

Windows Sniper, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Retail Win 7 to Win 10

1. Retail Win 7 to Win 10 - Similar Threads - Retail

2. Microsoft selling oem or Retail keys on their website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft selling oem or Retail keys on their website: I have seen some people saying that on the Microsoft website they sell retail keys for windows 11 and i just wanted to check if this was the case. also if i replaced my motherboard would a retail key still be usable on the new motherboard?...
  3. Microsoft selling oem or Retail keys on their website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft selling oem or Retail keys on their website: I have seen some people saying that on the Microsoft website they sell retail keys for windows 11 and i just wanted to check if this was the case. also if i replaced my motherboard would a retail key still be usable on the new motherboard?...
  4. Removed my old devicewith RETAIL channel windows home licensefrom Microsoft account before...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removed my old devicewith RETAIL channel windows home licensefrom Microsoft account before...: I decided to transfer my windows 10 home RETAIL channel license to a new laptop, 1. before I bought a new laptop I removed my old device from my Microsoft account and uninstalled windows from the old laptop. The activation status on the old laptop showed that license was...
  5. Removed my old devicewith RETAIL channel windows home licensefrom Microsoft account before...

Removed my old devicewith RETAIL channel windows home licensefrom Microsoft account before...: I decided to transfer my windows 10 home RETAIL channel license to a new laptop, 1. before I bought a new laptop I removed my old device from my Microsoft account and uninstalled windows from the old laptop. The activation status on the old laptop showed that license was...
  6. Removed my old devicewith RETAIL channel windows home licensefrom Microsoft account before...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. use owned retail pro license on device with oem home license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    use owned retail pro license on device with oem home license: I try to transfer my windows 10 PRO RETAIL license to new laptop with no luck.the problem:I have old laptop with activated windows 10 PRO digital license - when checking lsmgr it claims that is RETAIL license and I have now new laptop which comes with windows 11 HOME OEM...
  8. use owned retail pro license on device with oem home license

use owned retail pro license on device with oem home license: I try to transfer my windows 10 PRO RETAIL license to new laptop with no luck.the problem:I have old laptop with activated windows 10 PRO digital license - when checking lsmgr it claims that is RETAIL license and I have now new laptop which comes with windows 11 HOME OEM...
  9. Is there a way to see if my 64-bit W10 Pro. retail key was registered in my MS account online?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is there a way to see if my 64-bit W10 Pro. retail key was registered in my MS account online?: I don't see it any where even in my device list shouldn't my custom built PC be listed? online. I want to be sure it matches what I see on my PC with its "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account" MS account and "Windows is activated with a...
  10. Is there a way to see if my 64-bit W10 Pro. retail key was registered in my MS account online?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to see if my 64-bit W10 Pro. retail key was registered in my MS account online?: I don't see it any where even in my device list shouldn't my custom built PC be listed? online. I want to be sure it matches what I see on my PC with its "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account" MS account and "Windows is activated with a...