Windows 10: Retrieving automatically saved forum text

Discus and support Retrieving automatically saved forum text in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I see that my posts are saved progressively as I work on a message, but I cannot see how to retrieve the saved text. There does not seem to be a button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by clayto, Dec 6, 2015.

1. clayto Win User

Retrieving automatically saved forum text

I see that my posts are saved progressively as I work on a message, but I cannot see how to retrieve the saved text. There does not seem to be a button for it. Can someone explain, please?

:)

clayto, Dec 6, 2015

2. retrieving saved text messages

Hi,

Have you tried using Nokia PC Suite to make a backup of your 6230 phone's contents and then transferring this to your new 6230i?

Would think this would copy all your saved text message, but any which you have recieved since you got your new phone would be deleted. I think.

nasty_nick---01, Dec 6, 2015
  3. ch20 Win User
    retrieving saved text messages

I have just upgraded from the 6230 to a 6230i ... i have managed to move all my text messages, address books and images onto my new phone (via the sim card and/or memory card), but can't work out how to move the text messages I had previously put into
    the "saved text messages" folder. the only "move to" option I have is to move to "templates", but this doesn't help as this is still saved on the phone memory rather than the sim card.

I really don't want to lose the messages, so any tips about how to get them onto the sim card would be very welcomed.

please help!!

thanks

ch20, Dec 6, 2015
  4. Retrieving automatically saved forum text

I don't know if the forum has its own way to retrieve it, but I use Lazarus automatic form save for Firefox to get back text if I lose the connection or the text gets deleted somehow.

If there is a way without using a browser AddOn I would be curious to know how to do it also.

MilesAhead, Dec 6, 2015
  5. lx07 Win User
    If you write something at some point it saves it. If you then browse away to another page (or lose connection or restart your PC) when you come back to that thread you'll see this button in the bottom left of the "quick reply" box as shown here.

Retrieving automatically saved forum text [​IMG]

Clicking on it will restore up to the last save point. The button is only shown if there is some text to retrieve.

I don't know if there is another way...

lx07, Dec 6, 2015
  6. Now that I see the screen shot I remember that button. It may be a good idea if you are a FF user to check out the Lazarus AddOn as it seems to save several versions of the text and works with most sites. Although it can cause FF to bog sometimes. But lately FF seems to have no trouble bogging on its own. *Smile

MilesAhead, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Retrieving automatically saved forum text

1. Retrieving automatically saved forum text - Similar Threads - Retrieving automatically saved

2. Retrieving notepad text file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieving notepad text file: how can I retrieve my text file at note pad?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieving-notepad-text-file/9577e673-5811-4a8a-b42a-6ceb8ac0870e
  3. Retrieving notepad text file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Retrieving notepad text file: how can I retrieve my text file at note pad?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieving-notepad-text-file/9577e673-5811-4a8a-b42a-6ceb8ac0870e
  4. forum

forum: HiIs there a forum for my MSN Hotmail outlook All my important mail is being routed to junk email bypassing the inbox ?Thank youTIMMY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forum/8ffc6768-456c-48e0-ac90-568557a75688
  5. How to retrieve the data saved in PC drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to retrieve the data saved in PC drive?: I saved my personal data over pc drive using microsoft account now i want to transfer it to my laptop. Any guidence? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-retrieve-the-data-saved-in-pc-drive/476eae6c-9fa9-47d0-958e-7fce18e8e655
  6. Can I retrieve the file saved in these situations?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I retrieve the file saved in these situations?: Q1 If I insert my thumb drive and I download a file directly to my thumb drive save into my thumb drive (save as and selected removable thumb drive) and remove my thumb drive, is the file completely remove from my pc? Can I still retrieve the file? Q2 If I download a file...
  7. How to retrieve UWP game saves

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to retrieve UWP game saves: I'm pretty pissed right now since I screwed up my Windows install (my fault) and now on top of that I can't access any of my minecraft saves because they have a lock on them. Minecraft was originally installed on a separate drive, but while I can see the saves, they all have...
  8. Able enter text in Int' Explorer but not in Firefox on this forum

in Windows 10 Support
    Able enter text in Int' Explorer but not in Firefox on this forum: Odd one this, for a few days I have been posting on my thread on this laptop using FireFox. This morning I found the reply 'Title' box was available and I could see the smiley set on the right. For a millisecond the reply text appeared then disappeared. I mentioned this on my...
  9. save image as goes to a save as screen and save as text document

in Windows 10 Customization
    save image as goes to a save as screen and save as text document: when click on a picture and save image as it goes to save as screen but only option is save as text document and cant change it, it started doing this about 2 weeks ago, before that everything worked fine with pics, am using google chrome, am older guy and not computer...
  10. SAVE TEXT FILE

SAVE TEXT FILE: HOW DO I SAVE A NEW TEXT FILE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/save-text-file/01f023b9-60d7-41a5-8f09-5291aae54c07