Windows 10: Return thumbnails after deleting default app?

Discus and support Return thumbnails after deleting default app? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; im on windows 10 So I accidentally chose a default app for .cur files and then I set the default app to nothing but the thumbnails for the .cur files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jafarsadagghe, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Return thumbnails after deleting default app?

im on windows 10 So I accidentally chose a default app for .cur files and then I set the default app to nothing but the thumbnails for the .cur files don't show up anymore. How do I fix this? it just shows the blank page icon now.

:)

jafarsadagghe, Dec 5, 2023
  2. Dgo47 Win User

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Dec 5, 2023
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Return thumbnails after deleting default app? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Dec 5, 2023
  4. Peels Win User

Return thumbnails after deleting default app?

No thumbnail for .JPG file, while thumbnail shows up for .jpg file

Hello Andre,

Thank you for the suggestions.

Unfortunately, I have followed all your steps but the thumbnails still do not appear.

This is really frustrating since I can see the thumbnail for a split second before it reverts to the default photo icon.

Peels, Dec 5, 2023
Thema:

Return thumbnails after deleting default app?

1. Return thumbnails after deleting default app? - Similar Threads - Return thumbnails deleting

2. Return thumbnails after deleting default app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Return thumbnails after deleting default app?: im on windows 10 So I accidentally chose a default app for .cur files and then I set the default app to nothing but the thumbnails for the .cur files don't show up anymore. How do I fix this? it just shows the blank page icon now....
  3. Return thumbnails after deleting default app?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Return thumbnails after deleting default app?: im on windows 10 So I accidentally chose a default app for .cur files and then I set the default app to nothing but the thumbnails for the .cur files don't show up anymore. How do I fix this? it just shows the blank page icon now....
  4. How to return to default colors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to return to default colors?: My brand-new HP laptop with Windows 10 displays Web pages with white text on a black background and "washed out" pictures. How can I revert to what used to be the default setting: black text on a white background? I know this question has been asked a thousand times, but I...
  5. How to return to default colors?

How to return to default colors?: My brand-new HP laptop with Windows 10 displays Web pages with white text on a black background and "washed out" pictures. How can I revert to what used to be the default setting: black text on a white background? I know this question has been asked a thousand times, but I...
  6. How to return to default colors?

7. Returning Deleted Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Returning Deleted Folder: Hi I have a folder which despite everything I have tried bar registry which I have no intention of even touching keeps returning after attempted deletion The folder is called Phone and inside is a folder named 1 then within this there are numerous others how can I delete...
  8. cursor returns to default

cursor returns to default: hi every time after restart or boot the cursor returns to default instead of what I had before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-returns-to-default/151e0e64-169a-407e-aa83-a686b5ab53c1
  9. Default Apps all deleted

Default Apps all deleted: All my default apps for MP3, MP4, WAV etc have suddenly and I mean within an hour!! changed to Windows Media Player and I cannot change them to what I want it defaults all the time back to Windows Media Player!! Is there a fix for this as it's no use to me the way it is I...
  10. How to return to default user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to return to default user: I bought a new ACER a few months back and after taking it home I just used the default account it was set up with (so this default account had all my files). Today I tried to create a guest account for my partner to use for ITunes, after doing so it now asks for a password on...