Windows 10: Returned the ASUS and purchased a Dell

Discus and support Returned the ASUS and purchased a Dell in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was not happy with the ASUS so I returned it and purchased myself a Dell. I am also saving money this way because I was paying monthly for the ASUS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Returned the ASUS and purchased a Dell

I was not happy with the ASUS so I returned it and purchased myself a Dell. I am also saving money this way because I was paying monthly for the ASUS which would end up costing me $1,000 once its finally paid for. The ASUS wasn't even worth $1,000. I purchased the Dell out right from Dell's website. But can someone tell me about Dell? It's a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series. Is the RAM upgradable on it? It only has 4 GB of RAM installed out of the box. It should be here this week or next week.

Thanks! *Smile

:)

Jesse Williams, Feb 19, 2017

2. Nokia 2520 Power Keyboard

I purchased an Asus transformer from Microsoft store on black Friday .Had it for 2.days windows update and unit shut down ! Returned to Microsoft store while waiting for unit to be checked I saw Lumia 2520 .Microsoft rep told me the Asus I purchased with
    keyboard included would have to be sent out for repair!!! Really? I just bought it purchased lumia 2520 returned Asus love Tablet but extremely disappointed have not been able to purchase a red verizon keyboard it is now March !!! Nokia what are you doing

sundance1---01, Feb 19, 2017
  3. Al Conte Win User
    Dell Inspiron 5000 flickers on Windows 10

I did return that Dell, and purchased a different brand.

Al

Al Conte, Feb 19, 2017
  4. fireberd Win User

Returned the ASUS and purchased a Dell

What is the exact 3000 series model. I was going to link you to the Dell documentation for the specific model, but can't.
    Here is the support site and you can access the info for the specific model (this is where you get driver updates, too)
    Support | Dell US
    Dell also has a user help forum, with users familiar with Dell products.
    Dell Community

fireberd, Feb 19, 2017
  5. It's the 3552 model.

6. EdTittel Win User
    EdTittel, Feb 19, 2017
  7. clam1952 Win User
    clam1952, Feb 19, 2017
  8. Returned the ASUS and purchased a Dell

9. fireberd Win User
    According to the Published Dell Spec's, max is 4GB in this model.
    Here is a screenshot of the memory spec's:

Returned the ASUS and purchased a Dell [​IMG]

fireberd, Feb 19, 2017
  10. pparks1 Win User
    If the max memory is really only 4GB, does it even have a 64 bit OS? I haven't seen a relatively modern system that can only take 4GB of RAM.

pparks1, Feb 19, 2017
  11. Yes. It is a 64-bit OS.

12. Berton Win User
    I put the make and model in at Crucial.com - DRAM, solid state drive (SSD) memory upgrades for Dell, Mac, Apple, HP, Compaq, Lenovo, Acer, ASUS to get what it supports, have had only 1 problem since the late '90s and that was only because a Dell Dimension 2350 wasn't exactly like the Dell Dimension 2300 Series, free cross-shipment replacement was correct and speedy.

Some Notebooks/Laptops have only 1 User/Consumer accessible memory slot but may have another on the other side of the motherboard which can be reached only by a complete disassemble of the machine.

Berton, Feb 19, 2017
  13. So if I upgrade the RAM to 8GB, it will mess it up?

14. pparks1 Win User
    It will not mess it up, but unsure if the mobo will support it.

pparks1, Feb 19, 2017
Thema:

Returned the ASUS and purchased a Dell

1. Returned the ASUS and purchased a Dell - Similar Threads - Returned ASUS purchased

2. Asus UX430UAR not returning from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Asus UX430UAR not returning from sleep: I’ve been having problems with my laptop since installing a Windows 10 feature pack last September. It works find during the day and I can switch it on or off using the power button or the lid. However, some mornings the laptop is warm to touch and will not wakeup. There is...
  3. Is it possible to return purchased windows 10 software

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is it possible to return purchased windows 10 software: I have bought two windows 10 software by mistake is there a possibility of returning it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-return-purchased-windows-10/98294e42-23d9-40f9-ae91-2fd80dd0cf85
  4. Return a game purchased accidentally

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Return a game purchased accidentally: How do I return a game I accidentally bought? ***Modified title from: Return*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/return-a-game-purchased-accidentally/8475b070-ad91-4c0d-aed7-4bea24e38872
  5. Returning Purchased Laptop to Store

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Returning Purchased Laptop to Store: I need to return a Dell 15 3000 SSD to the store where I recently purchased it. It is running Windows 10 Home. I have personal data on the system and have used the laptop for work and related activities that need to remain secure. If I go to settings and reset the PC using...
  6. Return purchase of Windows 10

Return purchase of Windows 10: Is there anyway to get my download fee refunded? I was unaware that i could not use windows 10 on a chromebook. ***Modified title from: Download refund***...
  7. Return the purchase of Windows 10 Pro

Return the purchase of Windows 10 Pro: Greg, I just upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft store because there was no sound from my laptop using the Home version and thought that the Pro version might be able to solve the problem. Unfortunately there was no sound from my laptop using...
  8. Return Dell Laptoptofactory settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Return Dell Laptoptofactory settings: Return Dell Laptop to factory specs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/return-dell-laptoptofactory-settings/654ade4d-e7b4-42c8-b72d-c265f888ba7e
  9. returns diggital purchase windows Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    returns diggital purchase windows Pro: I would like to return the purchase of windows Pro it was a digital purchase, and get my refund I bought it and it is not what I wanted. I bought it on December 11, 2018....
  10. Purchased a new Dell Laptop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Purchased a new Dell Laptop.: Hello, I originally signed up for Microsoft 365 a few years back. Added my wife to use additional account. She purchased a new pc yesterday. She used my user account and outlook email, psassword etc.. So the question i have is can i remove my info from her pc and add her...