Windows 10: Reusing windows retail key does not work

Discus and support Reusing windows retail key does not work in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have tried to reuse retail key, which I have previously saved into a text file, on another machine, but I got an error. The old PC that had the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by K. Andrej, Jul 10, 2024.

1. K. Andrej Win User

Reusing windows retail key does not work

I have tried to reuse retail key, which I have previously saved into a text file, on another machine, but I got an error. The old PC that had the license originally on it is broken and its harddrive was formatted. It was not linked to my Microsoft account, so I am stuck. Any advice in how to be able to use the retail product key again?

:)

K. Andrej, Jul 10, 2024

2. windows 7 key reuse

I'm asking the second thing, if I can reuse my windows 7 key on another machine without any problems. (sorry, I see I forgot to mention it in the original post ^^)

CounterZeus, Jul 10, 2024
  3. Reusing windows 10 retail product key from broken pc

Soon after windows 8 first came out I downloaded it and purchased the product key which I used to upgrade from windows XP. There was a special offer at the time which meant it cost only about £15.00 but it is a genuine retail key not OEM. I later upgraded
    to windows 10 using that product key. After some months the computer, which was really quite old, broke down completely. I now have a new windows 10 computer. However this only has windows 10 home installed and the key for the old computer is the pro version.
    I have read that you can deactivate a product key on one machine and reuse it on a new one. However, as the old computer does not work I cannot do this. Is there any other way to deactivate and reuse the old product key on my new computer?

AnthonyCrossland, Jul 10, 2024
  4. Reusing windows retail key does not work

Reuse key

Good evening (morning night or whatever).

I want to upgrade my old vista PC to windows 10 (but as a fresh install) and I am wondering if I will be able to reuse my vista ultimate key (retail box copy).

Wafflezbit, Jul 10, 2024
Thema:

Reusing windows retail key does not work

1. Reusing windows retail key does not work - Similar Threads - Reusing retail key

2. Reuse windows key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reuse windows key: I bought a cheap computer to use for samba running Linux. It has USB 3 ports but is a cheap Celeron mini PC. I don't windows would work well anyway. It comes with windows pre installed win 10 pro I think. Would I be able to use that key for a virtual machine once I wipe that...
  3. Reuse windows key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reuse windows key: I bought a cheap computer to use for samba running Linux. It has USB 3 ports but is a cheap Celeron mini PC. I don't windows would work well anyway. It comes with windows pre installed win 10 pro I think. Would I be able to use that key for a virtual machine once I wipe that...
  4. Reuse windows key

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Reusing windows retail key does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reusing windows retail key does not work: I have tried to reuse retail key, which I have previously saved into a text file, on another machine, but I got an error. The old PC that had the license originally on it is broken and its harddrive was formatted. It was not linked to my Microsoft account, so I am stuck. Any...
  6. Reusing windows retail key does not work

Reusing windows retail key does not work: I have tried to reuse retail key, which I have previously saved into a text file, on another machine, but I got an error. The old PC that had the license originally on it is broken and its harddrive was formatted. It was not linked to my Microsoft account, so I am stuck. Any...
  7. Windows key reuse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows key reuse: hello, I bought a laptop lenovo y530 with windows. and I plan to reinstall Windows through Microsoft, can I use the same key for activation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-key-reuse/75cc892c-42fe-4259-afb3-e241b460502d
  8. Windows key reuse

Windows key reuse: hello, I bought a laptop lenovo y530 with windows. and I plan to reinstall Windows through Microsoft, can I use the same key for activation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-key-reuse/75cc892c-42fe-4259-afb3-e241b460502d
  9. Reuse key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reuse key: Good evening morning night or whatever.I want to upgrade my old vista PC to windows 10 but as a fresh install and I am wondering if I will be able to reuse my vista ultimate key retail box copy....
  10. Reuse Retail Windows Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reuse Retail Windows Key: Hi, I purchased a windows 10 key online back in 2018 because at that time I tried to install windows 10 for my MacBook, but I finally gave up and I deleted windows OS. However, recently I started building custom PC and I wonder if I can directly reuse that license key to...