Windows 10: Reverse clicks on touchpad

Discus and support Reverse clicks on touchpad in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is it possible to reverse the right and left clicks on the touchpad? I see how to do it on a mouse but not for touchpad. Thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RosemaryPalladino, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Reverse clicks on touchpad

Is it possible to reverse the right and left clicks on the touchpad? I see how to do it on a mouse but not for touchpad. Thanks.

:)

RosemaryPalladino, Aug 18, 2018

2. Why does action center keep poping up when I click the touchpad?

Hi Andrew,

To assist you better regarding your concern with the action center, we suggest that you follow these steps and see if it'll help resolves the concern:

• Right the Windows icon.

• Select Device Manager.

• Right click on Touchpad, then select Disable.

• Confirm selection - touchpad is disabled

• Repeat the steps, this time select Enable Touchpad.
    Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Aug 18, 2018
  3. Upgraded to Windows 10, now all single left clicks on my touchpad are double clicks.

Hi Mark,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

This issue may occur due to corrupted or incompatible drivers, missing updates, incorrect device settings or hardware problems.

Method 1:

Let's first run hardware and troubleshooter and check.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting “in the search box and hit
      enter.
    • Click on Hardware and sound.
    • Click on Hardware and device and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Method 2:

If the issue is not resolved, I would suggest you to un-install and re-install touchpad driver from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Un-install the drivers:

Follow these steps:

• Click on Start icon.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Right click on the
      touchpad drivers and select “Uninstall”.
    • Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.
    Step 2:

I would suggest you to install latest touchpad driver from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Aug 18, 2018
  4. Reverse clicks on touchpad

Fast click on touchpad does't work/

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

As I understand that you were unable to fast click on the touchpad, we regret for the inconvenience.

For better assistance could you please let us know more information about the issue:

1. What is the model number of the system?

2. Are you referring to the right-click button on the touchpad or two finger right-click tap?

3. Are you aware of any changes made on the PC prior to this issue?

This issue may occur if the touchpad drivers are outdated or corrupted.

Follow these methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices troubleshooter :

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Press Windows Key + R, type Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar, click on Troubleshooting.

• Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the steps from the wizard to run the Troubleshooter.

Method 2: Update the Touchpad Driver:

You may check with the touchpad settings to see if that helps. Then I suggest you to update the drivers to check if that helps.

Update the Touchpad Driver.

• Press Windows + x
      key together and select Device Manager.

• Locate the Touchpad Driver.

• Right click on the
      Touchpad Driver
      icon and click on “Update Driver Software”.

• Click on “Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software” option.
    Please refer to the below article “How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10”by Mr. Andre Da Costa to update the drivers:

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Method 3: Uninstall and reinstall the driver:

If that does not help, uninstall and reinstall the touchpad drivers and check.

Follow these steps to update the drivers for Touchpad. You may also check for drivers using Windows Update. If issue still persists, download touchpad drivers from the manufacture’s website.

You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps.

• Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X, clicking
      Device Manager.‌ If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • In Device Manager, under Mice and other pointing device, double-click on the device.
    • Click the Driver tab, and then click
      Uninstall driver and follow the instructions.
    Now, download and install the touchpad driver from manufacture’s website.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing
    experience.

Windows Update may have updated drivers available that may be relevant to your current issue. Many times, updated drivers are listed in the "Optional" section of Windows Update.

Hope the information helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

Reverse clicks on touchpad

1. Reverse clicks on touchpad - Similar Threads - Reverse clicks touchpad

2. Lenovo Touchpad Reverse Scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo Touchpad Reverse Scrolling: So I posted here a while ago about a problem I had with changing my laptop's scrolling direction. It was stuck on natural Australian scrolling and there was no setting to change it back. This is that post -...
  3. onscreen TouchPad cap lock reversed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    onscreen TouchPad cap lock reversed: Sometimes while using the onscreen keyboard I will use cap lock and when I return to lower case the cap lock upper case continues even though it indicates lowercase. If I use shift or cap lock at this point it types in lower case. I would just deal with that but it also...
  4. Lenovo Ideapad Precision Touchpad and Reverse Scrolling

Lenovo Ideapad Precision Touchpad and Reverse Scrolling: I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330 and it came with Australian (reverse) scrolling. I was able to change it to traditional scrolling by installing a precision touchpad driver using this article:...
  5. need to reverse scroll direction on touchpad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    need to reverse scroll direction on touchpad: My touchpad direction (scrolling with fingers) changes everytime there is an update. It drives me crazy. I cannot find a way to reverse it this time. Why does this happen?...
  6. Synaptics Touchpad Reverse Scroll

Synaptics Touchpad Reverse Scroll: Hi, After the recent update my Synaptics Touchpad on my HP Laptop has reverted back to factory setting scroll. I changed the settings to enable the two finger scroll to reverse and now I cannot change the settings to my choice. There is nowhere in settings to enable me to do...
  7. Reversing Scroll on TouchPad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reversing Scroll on TouchPad: After the latest Windows update my touchpad has been stuck in reverse scroll. I would like to disable the reverse scroll, but am unable to. Going through windows settings does not even give me the option to disable/enable the reverse scroll on my touchpad. So far the only...
  8. TouchPad click

in Windows 10 Customization
    TouchPad click: How can I stop the click sound when I use the TouchPad? There is nothing in the settings for this. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-click/89e388d2-5054-4142-8ac3-be825c6c8e77
  9. Reversing the scrolling on the touchpad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reversing the scrolling on the touchpad: How do I reverse the scrolling on the touchpad on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reversing-the-scrolling-on-the-touchpad/5ab677a5-c781-4629-a9a9-054e95588f94"
  10. Reversed/Inverted touchpad scrolling

Reversed/Inverted touchpad scrolling: Hello, I just updated my win7 to win10, despite several negligible issues, so far I'm rather content about it. HOWEVER there is one little, yet major problem I encounter and have no idea how to deal with; mentioned in the thread title. I browsed several options, lurked...