Windows 10: Reverse Defer Updates

Discus and support Reverse Defer Updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have seen a lot of threads regarding the "Defer Updates" feature in Windows 10 Pro. After activating this feature by checking the Defer Update box,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by shsell, Feb 11, 2016.

1. shsell Win User

Reverse Defer Updates

I have seen a lot of threads regarding the "Defer Updates" feature in Windows 10 Pro. After activating this feature by checking the Defer Update box, is there a way to to reverse "Defer Updates" and start receiving all updates again?

:)

shsell, Feb 11, 2016

2. Deferring updates

There are reports the Pause Update function which blocks all updates might be broken. So too, is the Defer option. If you want to block the Windows 10 1709 indefinitely, you need to use the Show/Hide Updates tool. This will let you specifically block it
    while receiving other updates. Learn how to use it:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/block-windows-...

Andre Da Costa, Feb 11, 2016
  3. BKSteeler Win User
    Deferring updates

First the question, then the background.

I'm on Windows 10, build 1703, kb15063.786. I turned on the "Pause update" option. What exactly will this stop? Namely, will this prevent build 1709 from downloading and updating, and for how long?

The background:

I was on anniversary edition, when Windows decided to update me to 1709. It rebooted, and just when it was about to finish up, gave me the "Can't complete installation" message, and threw me into an endless loop I couldn't get out
    of. I'm not sure why, though it may be my AMD driver. Anyway, nothing I tried worked (reset, system restore), and I eventually reformatted my drive, and reinstalled everything and it put me back to build 1511.

Windows then again tried to update me to build 1709, crashed my system again, and I was forced to reformat and reinstall again.

Long story short, I turned on "defer updates" but despite this, it then first updated me to Anniversary edition, and then when I woke up this morning it was the Creator's edition 1703. I then found I had to turn on "Pause updates" again (I'm assuming it's the
    same thing as "defer updates"). So again, what will this do? Can I expect to get updated up to build 15063.877? And more importantly, will it prevent 1709 from downloading and crashing my computer again?

By the way, one thing I did learn in this process. If 1709 crashes your computer, let it crash it three times until you get to the advanced startup and immediately ask it to restore to a previous build. Reset and restore don't work, and if you try it first,
    then restoring to a previous build won't either.

BKSteeler, Feb 11, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Reverse Defer Updates

Brink, Feb 11, 2016
  5. shsell Win User
    That made the most sense to me, but having the box uncheck for a least a week now, nothing has happened except for the Security Definitions I get for Defender.

shsell, Feb 11, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 11, 2016
  7. dmesal Win User
    is there an update list for win10 x64 from about FEB to present, i just returned my laptop to as new and have been out to sea just curious as to how many hrs for updating it will likely take.

dmesal, Jun 29, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Reverse Defer Updates

Brink, Jun 29, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Reverse Defer Updates

1. Reverse Defer Updates - Similar Threads - Reverse Defer Updates

2. Defer feature update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defer feature update: Hi. My PC has an issue with 21H2 build of Windows, when it's installed my whole PC stutters, even when it's not under a heavy load. I can be watching a youtube video or browsing a webpage and it's as if my PC is skipping whole frames.I've installed the latest updates for all...
  3. Defer feature update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defer feature update: Hi. My PC has an issue with 21H2 build of Windows, when it's installed my whole PC stutters, even when it's not under a heavy load. I can be watching a youtube video or browsing a webpage and it's as if my PC is skipping whole frames.I've installed the latest updates for all...
  4. Defer feature update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. About deferring updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    About deferring updates: Hey, I recently activated activated the "defer updates" feature but, I was wondering if I enable option 2 in automatic updates through group policy wich will only notify me. Will I download the latest updates regardless of the time range I set to defer the updates if I update...
  6. WUFB Deferred Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WUFB Deferred Updates: Hi I hope someone can help me, I have rolled out WUFB and as most companies we deferred the Updates in different Deployments Rings. Just so I know what will be installed on client devices is there a method to show all the Updates that will be installed on the local...
  7. Defer Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Defer Windows Updates: What's the current suggested length of time to defer updates on Windows 10 Pro -- -- feature updates? -- quality updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defer-windows-updates/2f3fc815-d936-4d75-a3bb-b77513deb6f3
  8. Deferring Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Deferring Updates: Hi guys, I apologise if this has been previously discussed but I couldn’t find clarity on the answer we require. We have recently upgraded to the latest creators fall feature update and unfortunately for us it pushed its self through with a restart when one of PCs was on...
  9. How to /actually/ defer updates?

How to /actually/ defer updates?: I've been having a returning problem for months on end and by this stage I am livid with Windows not respecting my wishes to NOT INSTALL the latest driver for my Synaptics touchpad/trackpoint device, because this driver totally ****s the user experience my Lenovo X230 laptop....
  10. Defer updates

Defer updates: Something I just experienced and wondering about how or why it can be this way. I have had 10 on my machine for a month or more now. Just finished upgrading my wife's a couple of hours ago. Identical computers as far as make,model etc. Did a check for updates on mine just...